Simsanityy179

Mitchell Robinson 2019-2020 Outlook

If you need stocks and solid Top 20-30 potential bigs.

Just take JJJ, Allen, Turner at the 3-4th round.  Turner I would take even on the 2nd round.

All 3 has a much more polished game compared to Mitch and their ceiling is similar, or even better than Mitch while their floor is incomparable.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jhsong916 said:

Just take JJJ, Allen, Turner at the 3-4th round.  Turner I would take even on the 2nd round.

All 3 has a much more polished game compared to Mitch and their ceiling is similar, or even better than Mitch while their floor is incomparable.

Most sensible post in this entire thread.

JJJ's ceiling is a lot higher dynasty wise. 

12 hours ago, jhsong916 said:

Do not take Allen in the 3-4th round. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, FantasyBallFan said:

Do not take Allen in the 3-4th round. 

Allen was already a top 60-70 player while playing 26.2 minutes per game last year.

I'll probably not take him in the 3rd round but 4th round seems like a low-risk, high-reward bet to me.

Definitely a way better bet than Robinson considering that his game is already well-polished and has solid fundamentals.

48 minutes ago, jhsong916 said:

Allen was already a top 60-70 player while playing 26.2 minutes per game last year.

I'll probably not take him in the 3rd round but 4th round seems like a low-risk, high-reward bet to me.

Definitely a way better bet than Robinson considering that his game is already well-polished and has solid fundamentals.

Allen was 82nd in per game and 55th in totals...so I guess you shot for the middle.  People are reluctant to draft him bc now they have Jordan who they didn’t have last year.  But Jordan already said he was willing to play whatever role necessary including coming off the bench.  I think Jordan might actually be a good mentor for Allen.  Allen has been going in the 7th/8th in most mocks and I did a dynasty draft this summer where I got him around 75.   Hard to miss when you’re getting him that late.  But I wouldn’t use a top 50 pick. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

Allen was 82nd in per game and 55th in totals...so I guess you shot for the middle.  People are reluctant to draft him bc now they have Jordan who they didn’t have last year.  But Jordan already said he was willing to play whatever role necessary including coming off the bench.  I think Jordan might actually be a good mentor for Allen.  Allen has been going in the 7th/8th in most mocks and I did a dynasty draft this summer where I got him around 75.   Hard to miss when you’re getting him that late.  But I wouldn’t use a top 50 pick. 

Yup. While I eventually think that he will become a top 30-ish player in his prime, I can agree that it will be hard to use a top 50 pick for this year. In a dynasty, I'm about 99% sure that he should be picked within the 4th round. (And to be honest, I also believe that Mitch should be picked within the 5th round if it was a dynasty.)

But the reason why I mentioned his first place was too remind how ridiculous this thread was turning into. I agree that Mitch is also a great prospect and has a bright future in this league, but the expectations are going out of control here.

I don't mind a bit about people putting hype on promising young players, but this was going too far imo. As you said, even Allen, who actually showed that he could hold his own in this league for a full season, is considered as an 'unproven' player who should be targeted at mid-rounds.

I don't see what's so overly special about Mitch compared to players like Adebayo, Allen, and JJJ to be hyped up like this. He's super high-risk, high-return type of guy with a low floor.

Edited by jhsong916
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, jhsong916 said:

I don't see what's so overly special about Mitch compared to players like Adebayo, Allen, and JJJ to be hyped up like this. He's super high-risk, high-return type of guy with a low floor.

He was ranked 47th last season in only 20 minutes per game as a rookie on a terrible team. I think his floor is pretty high actually. The Knicks got a lot of bigs in free agency and I was sceptical about his outlook because of that but I think he will get his minutes. Fizdale likes big line ups so I guess Morris will play SF most of the time. Randle is their starting PF backed up by Gibson. So I think the only true competition for Robinson at C is Portis. I think 25-30 minutes and 3rd round value should be possible.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I just got him in 2 different ESPN 12 team leagues. Stole him in the beginning of the 9th round in one league and the end of the 10th in the other!

Edited by Dirtbag
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Dirtbag said:

I just got him in 2 different ESPN 12 team leagues. Stole him in the beginning of the 9th round in one league and the end of the 10th in the other!

Lol wtf. Early draft leagues are the best.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Chrizz said:

Lol wtf. Early draft leagues are the best.

I know right? I was wondering how far he would fall being ranked so damn low on ESPN.

17 minutes ago, Dirtbag said:

I know right? I was wondering how far he would fall being ranked so damn low on ESPN.

He is ranked 106 overall on ESPN. Get him while you can at that price lol.

On ‎7‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 5:27 AM, Dirtbag said:

He is ranked 106 overall on ESPN. Get him while you can at that price lol.

ESPN ranking are a joke. We all know that. If you are in a draft where you can get him around that mark, it is not a competitive league

• Like 6

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, j3rkthenurk said:

ESPN ranking are a joke. We all know that. If you are in a draft where you can get him around that mark, it is not a competitive league

So you are saying ESPN isn’t a competitive platform.

Kevin Love is ranked like 260 on Fantrax. That’s probably not a competitive platform either right?  Okay bud 👍

Edited by Dirtbag

1 hour ago, Dirtbag said:

Kevin Love is ranked like 260 on Fantrax. That’s probably not a competitive platform either right?  Okay bud 👍

Talking about league, not platform. Clearly you didn't read his post, "If you are in a draft where..."

Welcome to the forums.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Dirtbag said:

He said nothing like that. You know we can see his post right?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, j3rkthenurk said:

6 hours ago, Dirtbag said:

f29(1).jpg

In regards to Kevin Love's ranking of ''like 260'', the reason why he is ranked there is because it is based on the amount of fantasy points a player has scored during the season. Since he only played 20 odd games, he scored 735 points and was ranked 291 for the season. Fantrax have not unveiled their 2019-2020 projections...

Edited by j3rkthenurk
  • Haha 2

This is such a sexy name. Wonder if I’ll be grabbing him this season, if I don’t get Gobert, I’m locking him in and Bryant/Brooky for sure.

harden 1st pick

trae young 2nd pick

mitch rob 3rd pick

on a 18 teamer hth. one can only dream...

• Like 1

If his blocks go down, he will be a major disappointment. Minimal contribution in other categories (69% on 4.4 FGA  does not move the needle that much), no 3s and low FT%. 

Randle, Portis and Taj are much tougher competition for minutes this season compared to   Kanter and DeAndre last season

I will gladly pass in first 5 rounds.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, taenggg said:

Over/under on 0.3 threes? 

.3 for the year? 😂

All this talk about shooting threes is complete bull**** for a 65% shooter.  He will attempt like two per week, .5 or so per game.  Probably shoot under 30%.  Might make 10 total for the year.  

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

.3 for the year? 😂

All this talk about shooting threes is complete bull**** for a 65% shooter.  He will attempt like two per week, .5 or so per game.  Probably shoot under 30%.  Might make 10 total for the year.  

Yeah, it's like when people were getting excited about Andre Drummond shooting 3's last year. You're better off hoping that they attempt 90% of their shots in the paint to keep their FG up and give them a chance at snagging more boards. There's plenty of guys you can draft who can shoot 3s

• Like 3

22 hours ago, StifleTower2 said:

.3 for the year? 😂

So you're saying there's a chance 😀

On 8/9/2019 at 11:36 AM, StifleTower2 said:

.3 for the year? 😂

lol Drummond was stroking mid range and threes in the 2018 offseason and only shot 5-38 threes for the year

1 hour ago, Fantasyscrub said:

lol Drummond was stroking mid range and threes in the 2018 offseason and only shot 5-38 threes for the year

Yup I was being generous.  MitchRob might not make any.  He may only attempt like a dozen or something.  But what I do know is you don’t want him shooting them. I started moderately low on him and everything since then: the crowded front court, the injury, the threes...has been negative.  Might be outside my top 50 now.