Simsanityy179

Mitchell Robinson 2019-2020 Outlook

20 hours ago, StifleTower2 said:

I have seen him play and also don’t think he’s worth a top 25 pick.   But I rolled the dice on him in the 40s in a league where I’m punting FT/points.  I think at that price in those settings the upside justifies the risk, despite me talking s--- about him constantly in the preseason, just like I talked s--- about Jarrett Allen last year.  And will talk s--- about the next overhyped big next year...and the year after that.  

If you got mitch in the 40s on a punt pts ft% team you are probably going to quietly wreak havoc in that league. 

• Like 1

I got him with the 50th pick. Took a bit more risk than usual by taking him in the third round (20 teamer), but I was tempted by the top 30 upside over the usual options there.

Mitch is going to have a huge 2nd half. One of those players you want to buy low in the 1st half of the season if you missed out on him during the draft. Knicks are deep and he's not going to get the minutes early on while the Knicks have this delusion of contending. 2nd half however those vets and their team friendly contracts are getting shipped or benched. He should still see 20-24 mins. In preseason he also seems out of shape. I know he was going through knee soreness during the Olympic tryouts so we haven't been watching the best conditioned Mitch as of yet. Meanwhile you can say that about most players but definitely Mitch.

On 10/11/2019 at 9:29 PM, StifleTower2 said:

I have seen him play and also don’t think he’s worth a top 25 pick.   But I rolled the dice on him in the 40s in a league where I’m punting FT/points.  I think at that price in those settings the upside justifies the risk, despite me talking s--- about him constantly in the preseason, just like I talked s--- about Jarrett Allen last year.  And will talk s--- about the next overhyped big next year...and the year after that.  

Agreed with everything mentioned. Also got mitch in the 4th round in a 12 teamer. Also punting PT/FT along with threes. 

• Like 1

Lmao. I guess they let any bum in the league these days. Ah who am I kidding. Knicks need all the help they can get.

If he gets fizzdaled he wont have much more value than a guy like McGee who you can get with one of your last picks lol

Got him last season off waivers and solidified my lead in blocks and FG%, but a 3rd or 4th round price tag is too high for me. Then people will say he is drafted for blocks, hah! win your blocks I will win in the other categories.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Extra_Rice said:

Got him last season off waivers and solidified my lead in blocks and FG%, but a 3rd or 4th round price tag is too high for me. Then people will say he is drafted for blocks, hah! win your blocks I will win in the other categories.

There aren't many other players in the draft that can almost single-handedly win you a category most weeks. Good chance Mitch Rob leads the league in blocks this season. That is still valuable. Does that equate to 3rd or 4th round value? Maybe, we'll see. 

• Like 2

On 8/21/2019 at 11:59 AM, apatas said:

Of course overhyped - one category player can't be compared some versatile players. FG% is also high, but he took only 4,4 shots per game last season, it doesn't help. Never I consider him in TOP50.

Now you all come to the conclusion what apatas said already at 21st August.

4 hours ago, flat_eric said:

There aren't many other players in the draft that can almost single-handedly win you a category most weeks. 

That’s exactly where his value is. One player who can win you a single category is insane.  Not to mention other supplements like high FG and low TO. 3-4 rounder is about right.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CORTEz said:

Let him be someone else's problem. 

seen this happen alot here, one good game = Overhyped, and one bad game = s--- this guy is not worth it lmao.

There are always GM in your league willing to take the risk and gamble, like many said above robinson true value lies where he can single handedly win you the blocks .

If you guys can draft him after 5th round that's great value and less risky there but for most of my leagues he is gone before 4th round 12 teams. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, NBA_OG said:

That’s exactly where his value is. One player who can win you a single category is insane.  Not to mention other supplements like high FG and low TO. 3-4 rounder is about right.

That is exactly why he is not valuable. One category wonders - no, thanks! Versatility is a value.

Edited by apatas
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, apatas said:

That is exactly why he is not valuable. One category wonders - no, thanks! Versatility is a value.

Fantasy basketball is always about your team build that's why every player has value.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, apatas said:

The purpose of versatility, and overall goal of h2h, is to win categories. Mitch Rob does that. 

• Like 3

We're aware of the downside if we pick him as early as a late 2nd rounder. We do not need to be constantly reminded how bad of a pick it is if all things goes south for him this season. This thread reeks of party poopers.

• Thanks 1

If the haters are going to speak up when he has his bad games, i'm going to make sure I'm flipping them the bird from the highest peak of the rollercoaster.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Got him in an 8-team auction 9 cat H2H league, it's basically my fourth big after KAT, Turner and Porzingis. Pretty sure blocks will be mine this year...

2 hours ago, dboywong said:

If the haters are going to speak up when he has his bad games, i'm going to make sure I'm flipping them the bird from the highest peak of the rollercoaster.

I love his game, but I don't trust his coach and I don't see him fixing the foul problem just yet. If you draft him in the top 30 you may be disappointed. Flip be the bird all you want. I'll come.back in December when he puts on a string of 4 good games followed by 3 games where he fouls out in the 1st half.

Mitch should be a 4-5th rounder, ranked and actual IMO. I was fine drafting him in the 4th (#2 overall pick), so basically the back end of the 4th. I've seen people reach in 2nd-3rd for him, which I think is a bit too much. He can compliment any team depending on your build. 

• Like 2

Do you think guys that I could trade him for Thomas Bryant? I have KAT, Porzingis and Turner and other good stocks players (the Bridges, Lord Cov, Smart)

Why would you want to trade him for Bryant? I had both of them last year and Mitch has way more upside than Bryant IMO. 

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, HispasianTuna said:

Why would you want to trade him for Bryant? I had both of them last year and Mitch has way more upside than Bryant IMO. 

He can't even lace up Bryant's shoes. Upside... Lol.

• Haha 1