Sign in to follow this  
Fuzzy_Slippers

6/29 - GAME DAY THREAD

Between a new mound/field, and these ridiculous dimensions, I’d make sure Tanaka and Porcello are firmly on bench. Hitters should have a field day in London.

Go Plesac (please don’t pull a Clevinger) and Hudson 

Go Tanaka!  Go McKay!  Go Woodruff!

I understand the warnings for the London games, but can't really afford to sit Tanaka, and honestly it's not much worse than pitching in Fenway...

On a better not though, Happy Debut Day for McKay!

Go fly a kite. O/U a total of 20 runs scored today at Coors for a 9 inning game.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Backdoor Slider said:

Between a new mound/field, and these ridiculous dimensions, I’d make sure Tanaka and Porcello are firmly on bench. Hitters should have a field day in London.

Eh, Porcello and E-Rod can both blow-up anywhere else just as well.

But the temp field is said to have more foul ground than out in Oakland so pitchers will be aided by that and the players adjusting to a new hitters' background they are not used too.

Also tomorrow's game starts in the afternoon so who knows what shadows may be cutting across the field.

And tomorrow's game starts at 10 am eastern and 7 am pacific so set any Yankee of Red Sox players early. 

Meanwhile just over 2 hours to the first MLB game in Europe ever.  Anything to spread the Gospel of Baseball to these benighted soccer heathens is a good thing, hah.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory

1 hour ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Eh, Porcello and E-Rod can both blow-up anywhere else just as well.

But the temp field is said to have more foul ground than out in Oakland so pitchers will be aided by that and the players adjusting to a new hitters' background they are not used too.

Also tomorrow's game starts in the afternoon so who knows what shadows may be cutting across the field.

And tomorrow's game starts at 10 am eastern and 7 am pacific so set any Yankee of Red Sox players early. 

Meanwhile just over 2 hours to the first MLB game in Europe ever.  Anything to spread the Gospel of Baseball to these benighted soccer heathens is a good thing, hah.

Eduardo is such a head case I’m thinking he might somehow throw a gem tomorrow, my ratios are terrible for the week anyways so I’ll be throwing him out there. 

Adding Go Voth! to my list...  Now up to 4 pitchers today.

Smoltz defending a major league player (Chavis) for dropping a foul ball in London: "He's not used to running that far.''

1 minute ago, Kramjam24 said:

DJ has been amazing all year 

Can't argue with that.  Wish I owned him for the near across the board production.  Who knew batting leadoff for the Yankees was actually better than hitting in Coors?  Can say that because their lineup has been a mess this season, but still obviously remained productive somehow.

Hopefully Tanaka has it today since it looks like he could cruise to a victory if he does.  3-0 already...

Is this Joe Buck?’  Why, God, Why?

Holy crap.  6-0 and still only 1 out...

Porcello done. Straight trash. I thought Darvish was the worst SP in baseball. I was wrong.

1 minute ago, BMcP said:

Is this Joe Buck?’  Why, God, Why?

Ummm, because it's the obvious feature game on Fox today... 😉

• Sad 1

Just now, Bregatron said:

Good thing I let Aaron Hicks fly today.

Please drop more Yankees.

2 hours ago, weakkneeswilly said:

Go fly a kite. O/U a total of 20 runs scored today at Coors for a 9 inning game.

The total is 12.5...lol

3 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Please drop more Yankees.

By fly, I mean start! 

Just now, Bregatron said:

By fly, I mean start! 

Ah.  Very well.  Carry on, then.

rick "king of pigs" porcello