Sign in to follow this  
Fuzzy_Slippers

6/29 - GAME DAY THREAD

3 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

McKay looked good on that Deshields AB (K)

Give up a flare.  Sacrifice.  Walk.  Then bounce back with this sequence.  Solid.

1009075743_Image6-29-19at2_45PM.jpg.358eda8894fe964e0636689ae11ff9fc.jpg

• Like 1

Stroman apparently called for the trainer during an at bat vs Merrifield. Just what his owners who’ve been hoping for a trade to a contender need. 

10 minutes ago, bigbluecrew56 said:

No. Game was technically out of reach when he was taken out. 

Ok

11 minutes ago, weakkneeswilly said:

I bet the Indians get shutout again. 

At the start of the game, the O's announcer said Francona stacked the lineup with all lefties vs Cashner...but he has reverse splits and righties actually hit him better.

I checked and it's true. RHB vs him OPS .877, LHB .535

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

shakestreet
   On 6/28/2019 at 10:35 AM,  The Big Bat Theory said: 

You need 2 days when traveling to London thus the 2 days off for both the Yankees and Red Sox with time change and all the hoopla and stuff they have to do over there for the first MLB games ever played in Europe. 

Yesterday was rest, some brief PR and some tourist stuff.  Today is allotted to both teams for more PR/ interviews and to also get used to the new digs which are very weird for them.  Special French-made artificial turf that is a totally different type than any ever used in the US or Canada before was imported at the last minute because the natural grass re-sodding attempt failed.  Also making a soccer field (London Stadium) into a temporary baseball park with all that goes with that weird layout.  (Shorter fences, very large foul area I hear). 

Fun fact. They imported tons of clay from Pennsylvania to put down the infield since English clay apparently isn't up to snuff.  (Delaware River mud, don't leave home without it).

Also apparently at soccer matches you aren't allowed to eat in the stands, only in the eating areas under the stands.  That is being waved and American hot dogs, roasted peanuts and crackerjacks and other vittles as well as plain old booze will be allowed in the stands with vendors hawking same for these games to allow the English to get in the proper mood for baseball.

And don't worry.  They only get one day off on the return flights however.

PS:  Another first.  Technically the Sox are the "home team" but both teams will wear their traditional home uniforms.  Seems the English want to see the famous pinstrips as well.

Let’s hope this homemade turf dirt mud whatever they are playing on, nobody gets hurt especially the Yankee players. 

Is Voit, Xander & Devers injured and miss time? 

31 minutes ago, LarryChip10 said:

Yamamoto just got jobbed hard by the home town scorer... his own mind you... Kingery hits a line drive to center w/ 2 outs, horrible play on ball (came in, then back but thought he still had it tracked...) and it HITS off his glove but goes for a 2 RBI double? Seriously? 

Good for us Kingery owners though!

• Like 1

Plesac doesn't have it today and the Indians are lifeless. 

Well, that was a pretty pathetic performance by Voth today.  I'm guessing he's going to get one more chance at most.  I know it wasn't anywhere near as bad as either London game starter, and I know the reliever let the last 2 guys score, but it was still bad given the opponent.

Plesac totally unraveled. 5-0, O's.

Anthony Santander HR for the Orioles. 2nd in 2 games vs CLE.  (This is notable because he was a rule 5 pick from Cleveland back in 2016.)

Plesac garbage today. Throw your fastball already.  Zero location,.

9 hours ago, ty5592 said:

Go Plesac (please don’t pull a Clevinger) and Hudson 

Damnit Plesac really? 

Just when you think the Tribe has some life they go to Baltimore and get completely decimated by the worst team in baseball. Pathetic.

This series was not supposed to be like this. Plesac was just hanging balls left and right for them.

1 hour ago, bigbluecrew56 said:

Oh cmon man now Boegarts out with hammy. Fml. Bloody ole England 

Bogaerts was taken out for cramping.  It was hot and humid and the artificial turf made it worse.  If he hydrates a lot and then feels okay tomorrow he will play Cora said. 

It's Voit that seems to be the only worry.  Core pull or whatever it was called doesn't sound good.

51 minutes ago, urban2014 said:

Did something happen to Devers? 

No.  He is still a bit sore from the hammy that sent him to the IL earlier and with the heat and humidity and seemingly the game being a runaway Cora decided to pull him early.  Of course if he had stayed in the game he would have been the tying run at the plate with he bases loaded in the 8th, sigh.

Great game for the crowd in the UK who were really into it and most stayed for all 5 hours roaring and cheering ... and getting drunk as well.  They seems to really REALLY like the idea of beer being served in the stands for the first time over there, haha.   And it was great for all of us viewers back here too.  Wish all games were as exciting.  Just with the Sox on top is all, hah.

• Thanks 1

the phillies might as well quit and come back next season. they should DFA harper.

1 hour ago, cs3 said:

Oh he started both Porcello and Tanaka. You must've missed all the deleted **** ******* *** **** **** ******* ****** posts!

You are such a clown 

Plesac & Voth both giving me negative points. So done with SP. Lol!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, crotchcrickets said:

You are such a clown 

Oh wow, am I pitching on your team too?!!

10 minutes ago, DarinB300 said:

Plesac & Voth both giving me negative points. So done with SP. Lol!

I am done using rookie pitchers. maybe Soroka has been the only one who hasn't done more harm than good in the long run this season.

Glad to see the Orioles are suddenly world beaters.