nine9s

Royce Freeman 2019 Outlook

Just now, FitzMagic said:

He injured his wrist. Although that's concerning, I am more concerned with leg, ankle, and foot injuries. Royce has a higher probability of injury than Phillip, due to that past injury. And I'm not talking purely about significant injury. Royce was the one dinged up pretty often with minor ailments last season.

Royce had a high ankle sprain. Thats all I remember. Im not sure how that gives him higher probability of injury. I think you are grasping at straws.

5 minutes ago, yanksman said:

Royce had a high ankle sprain. Thats all I remember. Im not sure how that gives him higher probability of injury. I think you are grasping at straws.

https://broncoswire.usatoday.com/2019/09/22/denver-broncos-news-royce-freeman-shoulder-injury/

I owned both last year too, plus this year. So, I don't think I'm grasping at anything but facts.

Edited by FitzMagic

4 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

https://broncoswire.usatoday.com/2019/09/22/denver-broncos-news-royce-freeman-shoulder-injury/

I owned both last year too, plus this year. So, I don't think I'm grasping at anything but facts.

Ehh....I wouldn’t call either Broncos rb injury prone.    Lindsay has the larger share of this backfield and is more explosive so he’s the better option most weeks.   But you could certainly make a case for Royce as a flex during bye weeks- and a must hold in case the worst befalls his backfield mate. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Ehh....I wouldn’t call either Broncos rb injury prone.    Lindsay has the larger share of this backfield and is more explosive so he’s the better option most weeks.   But you could certainly make a case for Royce as a flex during bye weeks- and a must hold in case the worst befalls his backfield mate. 

Yeah, my comment was just to the guy saying Royce is a hammy away. Sure he is, but it's just more likely, imo, that Royce would be injured than Lindsay. Neither have had a ton of injuries. Royce just shoulder and ankle, then Phillip with his wrist. Just based on my experience Royce has been "questionable" a lot more often during my couple of years owning them. But it isn't like injuries are predictable either. I just would venture to guess Lindsay is the hammy away from owning that backfield. But eh, I have him starting Thursday so maybe I've just jinxed him.

Edited by FitzMagic
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Yeah, my comment was just to the guy saying Royce is a hammy away. Sure he is, but it's just more likely, imo, that Royce would be injured than Lindsay. Neither have had a ton of injuries. Royce just shoulder and ankle, then Phillip with his wrist. Just based on my experience Royce has been "questionable" a lot more often during my couple of years owning them. But it isn't like injuries are predictable either. I just would venture to guess Lindsay is the hammy away from owning that backfield. But eh, I have him starting Thursday so maybe I've just jinxed him.

Nope it’s Royce who’s a hammy away.

(jinx neutralized 🤞)

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

Because he's good at it

And hopefully it continues tonight! 😎

• Like 1

https://1043thefan.com/2084051/royce-freeman-will-remain-a-part-of-broncos-offensive-plans/? #FeedPhil

I wish I could play them both but just no room. As the article points out, the Broncos are better when Phillip is out there. They could even put them both on the field together if they really wanted to. It wouldn't hurt anything. I don't get to see them play too often, so I don't know exactly how they are using them.

They both get plenty of looks, but personally I think Royce looks much improved this season compared to his rookie campaign. He is catching the ball at a much higher rate, which is good all around for this offense. 

• Like 1

Phil and Royce probably will have a combined 35 touches tonight, but who is more valuable if they get down more. Royce looks improved in the passing game, but ole Phil the ground hog is more explosive.

3 hours ago, yanksman said:

I have a feeling Royce beasts out tonight.

If it was to be any game, I could also see it being tonight against that flimsy Chiefs Run D. 

Just now, Bingo Bandanas said:

If it was to be any game, I could also see it being tonight against that flimsy Chiefs Run D. 

I agree.  If Royce is ever going to have a good chance to get into the end-zone for the first time this year, it's tonight against the Chiefs D.   

• Like 1

The blueprint on how to attack the Chiefs is out, though it shouldn’t be a surprise. Run the ball, control the clock, keep Mahomes on the sideline. The Broncos defense is good enough & at home on a short week. They have a nice 1-2 punch in the running game, so if Good Joe Flacco shows up, they can keep this close. It all rests on him tonight. Freeman & Lindsay should combine for 150-200 total yds with about 7-10 catches. Think they both score too

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, stickman786 said:

wish me luck playing freeman against KC

Thanks, keep us posted. I usually go to bed around 9:30 PM CDT, but I might stay up a little past that so I can hear how it goes. Sidenote, I don't even own or play against Royce Freeman.

Edited by jagsfan05
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, jagsfan05 said:

Thanks, keep us posted. I usually go to bed around 9:30 PM CDT, but I might stay up a little past that so I can hear how it goes.

Your such a generous gentleman who always looks out for others on here.   

Encouraged by that tbh. Thought he looked pretty good despite playing behind a pretty woeful OL. You'll still not be super confident starting either Lindsay or Freeman, but Freeman's production has been a nice surprise for me.

1 minute ago, leffe186 said:

Encouraged by that tbh. Thought he looked pretty good despite playing behind a pretty woeful OL. You'll still not be super confident starting either Lindsay or Freeman, but Freeman's production has been a nice surprise for me.

If he's going to play what seemed like nearly 80% of the snaps like he did tonight, he's going to be a high end RB2. Don't know if Lindsay was being disciplined, nursing an injury, or what, but he was a diiiiiiistant 2nd in snap counts tonight. 

15 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

If he's going to play what seemed like nearly 80% of the snaps like he did tonight, he's going to be a high end RB2. Don't know if Lindsay was being disciplined, nursing an injury, or what, but he was a diiiiiiistant 2nd in snap counts tonight. 

Idk about high end RB2 but definitely low end RB2 WEEKLY with high end RB2 upside. I own the guy, love where I drafted him. He’s a solid flex who has a 7pt floor. 

Royce being the passing down back solidifies 4-5 catches a game. That’s huge for his floor.

Whew.  Can exhale now.  Drafted him late and held him on my bench to hold the fort down while most of my Studs are off this week he came through.

Very pleased.