Gile Pile

NBA summer 2019 offseason thread

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

Wisfull thinking or actual rumor?

Both lol. I don't think Beal is attainable either, but this is Pat Riley. Let the man try to work. 

If I were him, I would just say you're the Wizards, we're the Heat. Just give us your valuables and piss off. But Riley does it in a more persuasive manner.

Edited by Trench Mob

1 hour ago, kane said:

Five-time All-Star F/C Al Horford has agreed to a four-year, $109M deal with the Philadelphia 76ers, agent Jason Glushon tells ESPN.

New Sixers lineup:

Ben Simmons
Josh Richardson
Tobias Harris
Al Horford
Joel Embiid

Still lack outside shooting a bit and it's a fantasy nightmare.

48 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

That bum Dragic is headed to Dallas and the Heat are going after Bradley Beal too. Doing damage without a cap. This feels like a dream.

What am I saying. Pat Riley is a don.

Updating a previous item, Goran Dragic was not included in the Miami-Dallas deal and he remains on the Heat, according to Marc Stein of the New York Times and Shams Charania of The Athletic.

6 minutes ago, littlesamtung said:

Updating a previous item, Goran Dragic was not included in the Miami-Dallas deal and he remains on the Heat, according to Marc Stein of the New York Times and Shams Charania of The Athletic.

Dammit.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, littlesamtung said:

Still lack outside shooting a bit and it's a fantasy nightmare.

Embiid's still top ten fantasy

38 minutes ago, littlesamtung said:

and it's a fantasy nightmare.

This is all I give a s--- about.  They're all gonna be hyped more than their worth, which is awesome for savvy owners.  Big fan of this.

Posted (edited)

D'angelo Russell to the warriors on a 4 yr max contract?? Wow what is happening lo

l understand getting what you can in a sign and trade for KD but the max for D'angelo is shocking to me.

Edited by young_styler

Free agent Bobby Portis has agreed to a two-year, $31M deal with the Knicks, agent Mark Bartelstein tells ESPN.

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, kane said:

Free agent Bobby Portis has agreed to a two-year, $31M deal with the Knicks, agent Mark Bartelstein tells ESPN.

It just keeps getting better for the Knicks 😂

Edited by young_styler

Denver Nuggets rising star Jamal Murray has agreed to a five-year, $170M maximum contract extension, agent Mike George of OneLegacy tells @TheAthleticNBA @Stadium.

The free agent frenzy this year has been as advertised.  There have been some significant changes to contending teams with more to come.  Thus far, I think the 76ers have done the most to improve.

I was surprised by the moves made by the Pacers.  While I would have preferred Bogdanovic and Young over Warren and Lamb, Brogdon was a nice add.

The max contracts and amount of money being thrown at players is phenomenal.  

• Like 3

13 hours ago, young_styler said:

D'angelo Russell to the warriors on a 4 yr max contract?? Wow what is happening lo

l understand getting what you can in a sign and trade for KD but the max for D'angelo is shocking to me.

Sounds like D'Angelo Russell is likely to be traded by the Warriors.

The Warriors managed to get something while losing Kevin Durant. They ended up acquiring D'Angelo Russell in a sign-and-trade deal with the Nets. However, Marc Stein of the New York Times said on the "Dan Patrick Show" that he expects Golden State to eventually trade the All-Star guard for compensation because "he does not fit there whatsoever."

• Like 2

Hassan Whiteside is FINALLY gone! Yeaaaaaaahhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Time to party and get f***ed up South Beach!

• Like 2

On 6/29/2019 at 8:59 AM, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Less than zero chance.

Vegas disagrees, Lakers are favored over the Clippers to get Kawhi.

1 hour ago, Trench Mob said:

Hassan Whiteside is FINALLY gone! Yeaaaaaaahhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Time to party and get f***ed up South Beach!

Enjoy Meyers Leonard and Moe Harkless?

Hope Heat fans enjoy having a year of Jimmy Butler and nothing before he leaves too.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, miasma16 said:

Vegas disagrees, Lakers are favored over the Clippers to get Kawhi.

Vegas odds arent based on whats going to happen, but on what will get people to wager the most money, and be wrong about it

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, itslarry said:

Vegas odds arent based on whats going to happen, but on what will get people to wager the most money, and be wrong about it

Well the initial line is set by statistical quants who know what they’re doing.  Then it’s adjusted based on the betting public.  Sometimes the line doesn’t move that much.  You’re right but it’s nuanced.  

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, itslarry said:

And because those 'people' largely driving the odds are ones with the best news, they're generally a better prediction of what's going to happen than the collective opinion on here... The betting odds favored Kyrie to the Nets (-550) and KD to the Nets (Even), yet most people were still surprised when KD chose Brooklyn.

Edited by akund
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, akund said:

And because those 'people' largely driving the odds are ones with the best news, they're generally a better prediction of what's going to happen than the collective opinion on here... The betting odds favored Kyrie to the Nets (-550) and KD to the Nets (Even), yet most people were still surprised when KD chose Brooklyn.

No, many of the people betting are gambling addicts.  The people on here are fantasy junkies.  I’d call it a tie. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

No, many of the people betting are gambling addicts.  The people on here are fantasy junkies.  I’d call it a tie. 

Many of the people, yes, but the people putting a ton of $$ are the ones really driving the lines, and they are definitely more in the know than your average person/gambler.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, akund said:

Many of the people, yes, but the people putting a ton of $$ are the ones really driving the lines, and they are definitely more in the know than your average person/gambler.

That’s true.  Sharps move the line.  Sports books have no choice but to move it when someone bets a million on Durant moving to the Nets or whatever. 

Where will Cousins land?  How it looks now, most likely will be one year deal.   I wish Spurs somehow  get him. Pop could do magic for his career

4 hours ago, Gile Pile said:

Where will Cousins land?  How it looks now, most likely will be one year deal.   I wish Spurs somehow  get him. Pop could do magic for his career

There is no market for him at the moment. Sounds like he will have to sign another 1 year "prove it" deal. He didn't look that good to me honestly. Looks slow, he doesn't look the same. Could still be getting back in shape and recovering. He's a good bet for someone if they get him on a cheap deal. But I don't blame any GM for not wanting to give this guy a big deal long term.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Gile Pile said:

The NBA has moved away from his style of play.  I’m watching the warriors I would see him get a lot to offensive rebounds then either miss a put back or turn the ball over.  He has a tendency to be a black hole which explains his abnormally high turnover rate for a big.  In his prime he was only ever mediocre on defense.  I’m unsure of whether he’s even a net positive anymore.  The only team who would want him is a team with an even bigger net negative big and he has to be cheap. I agree-another prove it contract.

• Like 1