Sign in to follow this  
hailfire4

Futures Game Analysis

https://www.mlb.com/all-star/sunday/futures-game

Link is to the rosters. Ian Anderson birthdate of 1988 is wrong he is 21,

The Al hitters has the juice this year Robert Wander Adell kelenic make up a dominant lineup. 12 of the top 16 prospects are in AL which furthers skews the talent in the new NL-AL format.

The NL hitters is led by Lux, Kieboom, Bart, Pache, Trammell.

The pitching is reversed though Mckay being called up leaves the AL cupboard down to Singer baukuskus Dunn, Deivi, pearson.

While the NL boasts Gore, Ian Anderson, May. Sixto

The axiom is good pitching beats good hitting. But with the new baseballs the game is played with them the score will prolly be AL17-13. However if the game is played with the lower level baseballs the NL should prevail in a 3-1 type game.

For me this was a bust. first a tie game in baseball is a no no. second who wins MVP in a tie game? would be like naming an MVP before the season starts. Lets finish something before rewarding. plus most prospects got Sat Sun and Mon off which hurt their real teams. 

14 hours ago, hailfire4 said:

For me this was a bust. first a tie game in baseball is a no no. second who wins MVP in a tie game? would be like naming an MVP before the season starts. Lets finish something before rewarding. plus most prospects got Sat Sun and Mon off which hurt their real teams. 

Agreed, unless it gets to the point where a lack of pitchers puts their health at risk then keep playing until there's a winner. 

On 7/8/2019 at 10:39 PM, hailfire4 said:

I agree that the new changes are a bust.  7 inning is just asinine.  They ended up playing 8 innings with a tie.  Come on, really?  Tie game in the 8th inning, let's stop it, and bring out the Celebrity Softball.  SMH