Sign in to follow this  
jimbo504

Keeper league trade, how did I do? (only 4 keepers)

12 team h2h 7x7 with OBP, SLG, K/BB, and OBPA added.

We only get 4 keepers

Gave: Keston Hiura and Jack Flaherty

Got: Jose Ramirez and David Price

This gives me this roster.

C - Yasmani Grandal

1B - Paul Goldschmidt

2b - Whit Merrifield

3b - Matt Chapman

SS - Elvis Andrus

OF - Aaron Judge (K)

OF - Austin Meadows

OF - Austin Riley

UTIL - Yordan Alvarez

UTIL - Jose Ramirez

BE - Trevor Story (DL) (K)

DL - Marcell Ozuna

DL - Giancarlo Stanton

SP - Buehler (K), Ryu, Odorizzi, Corbin, Price, Clevinger, Marquez. Carrasco (DL), Caleb Smith (DL)

RP - Vazquez, Neris, Jackson

My last keeper is undecided at this point.

Could be a decent move this year if Jram gets going. Price has been pretty good and I'd rather have him than Flaherty. Hiura looked good when called up but who knows what he does ROS. Hopefully Jram gets going and has a good second half. 

Seems like a wash to be honest. I guess I guess I lean your side for Jo-Ram's upside and Price's floor but I can't see this being a move that will win or lose your season. Sorry if that's not quite what you wanted to hear.

This was a great case of selling high and buying low. 

I have Keston too in my league and would do this deal - We all know what JRam can do & would jump on the opportunity to get him for a prospect especially since you can only keep 4 players. This decision would be harder if you could keep more players (10-12) 

• Like 1

Questionable trade.  I have Ramirez in 1 league and have been greatly disappointed.  Unless he has a great 2nd half, not sure I like it for you as neither one of who you got would be keeper worthy at this point.

You lost that one! Should of kept Hiura and dealt Flaherty for JoRam, now move Price for Keston in a new offer. 

BUMP! JRam had a huge game today! whatcha all think now? is he back?

I think Hiura was a keep and I always will deal SP before hitters.

Can you deal for Hiura?

Works for me.  In a keep 4 league, Flaherty and Hiura were not cracking your keeper list anyway (Judge, Story, Buehler, M. Chapman, Stanton, etc.).  So you traded a pitcher not doing well for one that is this year and a prospect\rookie type for a guy that may bounce back and contribute big time.  In the worst case, you made Flaherty someone else's problem and upgraded a starter and you didn't need Hiura.  In the best case, Ramirez has a decent second half as a bonus.

• Like 1

I'm not a huge fan from the keeper level because I've given up on J-Ram and prefer Hiura long term. But short term, the big get is Price, and I would have given up Hiura and Flaherty for him for a chance to win this year. 

Helps you this season most likely, I think J-Ram bounces back and pitching helps you.  Not sure if they become keepers, but you have a lot of good options.  Thanks for help on mine.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Josean Pelota said:

I'm not a huge fan from the keeper level because I've given up on J-Ram and prefer Hiura long term. But short term, the big get is Price, and I would have given up Hiura and Flaherty for him for a chance to win this year. 

He is not keeping any of these guys and in a shallow 12 team league only keeping 4 players, Hiura is not going to be kept by anyone imo.  You would have to have a brutally awful team to not have 4 players in the top 70 overall in that format and Hiura is not going to go that high next year. 

• Like 1

Just on the surface, I like the deal for you this year. None of those four are likely to be kept, but if JoRam has a great second half, he could move into your keeper discussion, whereas neither Hiura or Flaherty would. 

Thanks for your thoughts on mine. 

• Like 1

Looks like a steal to me, nice trade

• Like 1

Great trade.  I'll take JRam's upside for this season for sure.  Keeper implications aren't much of a factor with that low number of keepers.

bumping this for further opinions after a couple weeks on my team now.