Trench Mob

Jimmy Butler 2019-2020 Outlook

spacer.png

The HEAT are back baby! Crank up the thermostat! Time to hang another banner my guy!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, The 7th Beatles said:

D-VDrb7X4AE6HE3.jpg

Real recognizes real. As he got older, common sense got to him. All is forgiven. Time to break bread.

But whose gonna help jimmy get the chip in miami....anyone good there still?

40 minutes ago, Ganandorf said:

But whose gonna help jimmy get the chip in miami....anyone good there still?

Just gonna be him. I can't wait for him to curse out Whiteside for not playing hard. I like Butler, but he sealed his fate on this one. Had a chance to work something out with a better, more mature team and didn't. Oh well, at least he got his money. Have fun playing with Whiteside and Dragic and getting bounced in the 2nd round of the playoffs the next 4 years.

• Like 2

Great move for his fantasy value. Gives us another quality guy to take around the turn in 12 teamers

So Dragic might be gone, Josh Richardson is gone, Kelly Olynyk is gone. So it’s Butler, Dion Waiters and Winslow? Yes! 7th seed here y’all come.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

So Dragic might be gone, Josh Richardson is gone, Kelly Olynyk is gone. So it’s Butler, Dion Waiters and Winslow? Yes! 7th seed here y’all come.

I don't even know if they get the 7 seed. It will be a fight to get to the playoffs for them.

• Like 1

How long before Butler becomes unhappy?  There is no one good left on the team to play with Butler.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, StuPitt said:

How long before Butler becomes unhappy?  There is no one good left on the team to play with Butler.

Exactly. Best case scenario is, what, a low seed in the East? That won't make Butler happy. Worst case is Butler has nothing around him (like he did on the Bulls), he forces a trade (which he's probably doing either way) and they go into a full rebuild and, frankly, I think the latter is a lot more likely. Butler seems to have this delusion of being on a championship team where he's also the clear #1 option and, honestly as much as I love him as a basketball player, he's not quite good enough for that to happen. He better be praying every night that the Jazz trade Donovan Mitchell for him, because that's the only situation in which I think he'd be happy, and that's never going to happen.

Edited by miasma16
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

Exactly. Best case scenario is, what, a low seed in the East? That won't make Butler happy. Worst case is Butler has nothing around him (like he did on the Bulls), he forces a trade (which he's probably doing either way) and they go into a full rebuild and, frankly, I think the latter is a lot more likely. Butler seems to have this delusion of being on a championship team where he's also the clear #1 option and, honestly as much as I love him as a basketball player, he's not quite good enough for that to happen. He better be praying every night that the Jazz trade Donovan Mitchell for him, because that's the only situation in which I think he'd be happy, and that's never going to happen.

I hear you.  But s--- if he came to Utah he’d be bitching non-stop the second he stepped off the tarmac.  Some people can never be satisfied.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

I hear you.  But s--- if he came to Utah he’d be bitching non-stop the second he stepped off the tarmac.  Some people can never be satisfied.

Yeah, there's obviously no reason to think that trade would happen. Just saying I think Utah is the only spot where he can maybe shoot as much as he wants and also win the title this year. But I don't think Miami would do that trade, and I'm even more certain Utah wants nothing to do with him.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

Yeah, there's obviously no reason to think that trade would happen. Just saying I think Utah is the only spot where he can maybe shoot as much as he wants and also win the title this year. But I don't think Miami would do that trade, and I'm even more certain Utah wants nothing to do with him.

I agree about that part.  I think the Jazz are legit contenders and he’s a better fit than Mitchell.  

• Like 1

On 7/1/2019 at 3:09 PM, StifleTower2 said:

I agree about that part.  I think the Jazz are legit contenders and he’s a better fit than Mitchell.  

Definitely an intriguing scenario. The Jazz are probably the only team where you could plug Butler in, and he'd be the clear #1 option in a legit contending team. Like Miasma said, I doubt it'll happen, but it's always fun to toy with "What if" scenarios.

• Like 2

I’m all in on jimmy around 14-18 , I think he’ll be back to 1st round value 

the ft attempts and points should come back , elite efficiency and turnovers great for roto

22/5/5 2.0steals 0.5 blocks

47/86/36 with 1.5 3pg

• Like 3

If Heat trade for Westbrook, his value will take a slight hit and his mood - heavy hit 😂

20 minutes ago, montanski said:

If Heat trade for Westbrook, they will be in the finals. You heard it here first.

There 👌. That wasn't too hard now was it? 😎

• Haha 2

Will be nice seeing those Miami Vice jerseys around. Heat are going to make noise.

7 hours ago, Trench Mob said:

There 👌. That wasn't too hard now was it? 😎

Westbrook + Jimmy will be a disaster. I'm a Heat fan and praying we don't get Westbrook.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, LuSamSiam said:

Westbrook + Jimmy will be a disaster. I'm a Heat fan and praying we don't get Westbrook.

Are you really? That's wassup. For some unknown reason I thought you were a Lakers fan lol.

Nah. We can definitely make this work ( IMO ). In Pat We Trust.

Edited by Trench Mob

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, LuSamSiam said:

Agreed. WB’s game is not conducive to winning. He can get away with it in reg season but not in the playoffs. 

Edited by Pirate

I'm bullish on JB for next season but only assuming that squad doesn't land RW. In Jimmy's best season he posted 24ppg-6rpg-5.5apg. This was back in the day playing in a slow Tom Thibideax offense. Id expect, as a floor, he matches those numbers with a ceiling to push ppg closer to 27ppg. All bets are off if Westbrook arrives there. Butlers rebs and assists will drop precipitously if he has to share the backcourt with another max usage type player like Westbrook. Interesting player to evaluate right now. 

• Like 1

with all the minutes and shots he wants i think he's back to late first round this year...since he was a late bloomer i feel like age won't be an issue quite yet. plus you know he'll put in the work. id easily take him at the turn and will be targeting him in my auction leagues. 

Late first round is very open this year - 10-12 candidates for 5-6 places. Still I think that Butler is among them one of the weakest options. Better options are: PG13, Lillard, Kemba, Holiday, Beal, Embiid, LeBron, Kawhi (depends on number of games), maybe Vucevic and Kyrie also (this is close).

• Like 2