5 minutes ago, mlb2019 said:

"all-star" sandy alcantara. Means has been good. still got a 2.50 ERA or so.

Did you just say "still has a 2.50 era or so" as if that's a bad thing ?? 🙄🙄🙄

• Haha 1

David Bell showing off some more of that baseball acumen that comes with being a lifer / 3rd generation MLBer tonight with that replay challenge. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, mmcc1029 said:

Did you just say "still has a 2.50 era or so" as if that's a bad thing ?? 🙄🙄🙄

his ERA is still 2.50 or so. that is a good era.

14 minutes ago, mlb2019 said:

his ERA is still 2.50 or so. that is a good era.

My bad thought you were implying it was a bad era lol

5 minutes ago, mmcc1029 said:

My bad thought you were implying it was a bad era lol

bad for Kershaw I guess. lol.

suarez with his second bomb, off hader too.  he's waking back up

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

Really wish Kimbrel wasn't pitching right now. 

What is the point, seriously Maddon or however he spells it. Annoying...dude is built for the save opp, that's all he needs

6 minutes ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

I knew there had to be Kimbrel owners grumbling about this. 

I'd be right there with you.

6 minutes ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

8th inning of a blowout. So frustrating. Top of the order, basically set him up to get rocked. Holy josh bell though! 

Soooooo.   Not sure what the plan is for Kimbrel.  Give him the first save opp, then throw him out there today so he can't save a game tomorrow?!?!  Looks like he still can't go back to back.  Asinine 

• Thanks 1

Guy hasn't thrown live in 3 days and probably the last thing you want to do is let him sit for too long when he hasn't played all year. It sucks, but wouldn't be surprised if him getting an inning tonight, no matter what, wasn't part of the plan going in

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Junkie Cosmonaut said:

Guy hasn't thrown live in 3 days and probably the last thing you want to do is let him sit for too long when he hasn't played all year. It sucks, but wouldn't be surprised if him getting an inning tonight, no matter what, wasn't part of the plan going in

This is probably reasonable. I'm not sure how helpful it was considering the results but yeah I can see this.

If Kimbrel pitched better nobody would be whining about him making a non-save appearance today. Maybe he should just not get rocked, regardless of the circumstance

17 minutes ago, Junkie Cosmonaut said:

Correct. Kimbel needs to pitch and I have to agree Joe told Craig he was pitching one inning today no matter what is the score. 

Is anyone else out there convinced that Joe Maddon sat in that dugout today and pondered to himself?...

"in this blowout game, how can I mess with these fantasy owner? oh I know, let me put Kimbrel in"

Posted (edited)

That Tim guy on ESPN came up with a trivia question to play with during that Pirates blow-out over the Cubs.  Did anyone figure out the 15 MLB players from the past with last names of 4 letters or less that hit 40 homers in a season?   I got 5 immediately then switched channels and totally forgot about it but did anyone else hang around and rattle them all off.  Mine were Ruth, Foxx, Ott, Adam Dunn and Jim Rice. 

Edited by The Big Bat Theory

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

That Tim guy on ESPN came up with a trivia question to play with during that Pirates blow-out over the Cubs.  Did anyone figure out the 15 MLB players from the past with last names of 4 letters or less that hit 40 homers in a season?   I got 5 immediately then switched channels and totally forgot about it but did anyone else hang around and rattle them all off.  Mine were Ruth, Foxx, Ott, Adam Dunn and Jim Rice. 

Sosa, Mays

Edited by Donniebaseball23
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, mehtavg2000 said:

Allen about to get blown up.  Yay!

Yup.  Hard drop.  Thanks for nothing!