JameisofThrones

2019 July Closer Thread

6 hours ago, Kramjam24 said:

Shawn Kelly still a safe bet to close rangers games? He is the only guy decent on the WW

He is. I wish. 

4 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

Jansen looked awful. Yikes. 

Ugh .. 

6 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

Muncy and pollocks comedy of defense didn’t help either

So I was watching the Dodgers game during the Jansen meltdown (the sequel to Neris meltdown in the top of the inning) and in addition to him looking like a big bag of suck, it also appeared he might have tweaked something backing up third base. The announcers mentioned that he was limping. Didn't really get a chance to see if it was affecting him as he gave up a walkoff double to Harper on the next pitch, but did take a weird hop after delivering it, although its tough to tell if that was because of an injury or in reaction to Bryce hitting a laser.

Probably nothing, but it might be worth a Baez add just in case he really is hurt (assuming that he is next in line over Kelly). Even if it is minor, they may want an excuse to give him a break before the playoffs. Has not been sharp lately,

4 minutes ago, JameisofThrones said:

So I was watching the Dodgers game during the Jansen meltdown (the sequel to Neris meltdown in the top of the inning) and in addition to him looking like a big bag of suck, it also appeared he might have tweaked something backing up third base. The announcers mentioned that he was limping. Didn't really get a chance to see if it was affecting him as he gave up a walkoff double to Harper on the next pitch, but did take a weird hop after delivering it, although its tough to tell if that was because of an injury or in reaction to Bryce hitting a laser.

Probably nothing, but it might be worth a Baez add just in case he really is hurt (assuming that he is next in line over Kelly). Even if it is minor, they may want an excuse to give him a break before the playoffs. Has not been sharp lately,

He got hit in the foot on a line drive for the 1st out of the inning..was limping then

1 minute ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

He got hit in the foot on a line drive for the 1st out of the inning..was limping then

Aha. Makes it less likely that its anything that would land him on the IL. Oh well, I guess put those Baez adds on hold (no middle reliever pun intended).

5 minutes ago, JameisofThrones said:

Aha. Makes it less likely that its anything that would land him on the IL. Oh well, I guess put those Baez adds on hold (no middle reliever pun intended).

I added him as a kenley owner just in case, I had a spot to do it with though

Well, it's a good thing Neris threw at a guy's head, instead of just getting himself out of the inning and leaving with a win.

Smith crapped the bed.  What a night for closers.

3 days in a row for Iglesias with the middle being 1.2 innings, had to bridge innings again tonight. 

Not a surprising outcome. 

Add Iglesias to the list. Raising white flag!

• Like 1

And let’s be honest here. The fact that MLB still allows that damn basket at Wrigley, because the drunken assclown bleacher bums can’t keep themselves from falling into the field, is a travesty. That’s not a home run in any other big league park. 

• Haha 1

Add Iglesias to the list. Raising white flag!

If we are including closers taking a beating in tie games, tack on CMart and now Wade Davis...

• Like 2

Is there any reason Colorado keeps pitching the corpse of Wade Davis in the closers role over Scott Olberg?

If neris is suspended for any length of time for head hunting who is next in line??

Worst night for closers that I can recall.

Kenley with a numb ankle, cool.  Hopefully nothing broken.

I want to rage drop every relief pitcher on my team that blew up last night, but I won’t have anyone left...

• Like 1

No one's a mind reader and I actually happen to own Neris. But after watching the video it did seem like he threw it right where he wanted to (at Freese's neck).

11 hours ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

Baez for sure next in line in LA?

Idk- but this guy is not someone you'd want imo. He is just awful to watch too. Machine Gun Kelly has been pretty good lately--shoot even Urias might be best for the role, but they need another big arm in that pen and have plenty of ammo to achieve it.

14 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Idk- but this guy is not someone you'd want imo. He is just awful to watch too. Machine Gun Kelly has been pretty good lately--shoot even Urias might be best for the role, but they need another big arm in that pen and have plenty of ammo to achieve it.

yeah..just going by every websites "next in line" plus baez and his usage..was thinking he sees alot of 8th inning work

Blast from March, but Hunter Strickland is throwing 'impressive' pens and should head out on a rehab assignment shortly. Have to believe they give him the closer role soon after his return? I am sure DiP will trade Elias and anything else he can from the pen too...

• Like 1