JameisofThrones

2019 July Closer Thread

15 minutes ago, kidtwentytwo said:

14 walks in 17 innings doesn't inspire confidence.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Members_Only_76 said:

instant grabs...

Bradley

Garcia

Jimenez

Bass

4 hours ago, BklynBlue said:

in that order?

Personally I'd order them

Bradley

Garcia

Bass

Jimenez

Tigers are by the worst team in baseball and Jimenez has a brutal career 5.80 ERA and 1.36 WHIP.  There's really not much like about Jimenez.  

It's a real bummer that the White Sox didn't trade Colome because I'd have put Aaron Bummer #1 by far on this list had Colome moved.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, KilloWertz said:

I was considering it as well, but given that they've given no indication who would take over from their cluster of no-names, it makes it less of a run and grab for me.  Well, that and the fact that the Marlins suck. 😀

He does deserve first crack though given that he's one of the only ones with legitimately good stats.

Garcia's ERA is good, but it's mostly been done with smoke and mirrors.  25 strikeouts in 32.333 innings is not a passable rate for a closer.  

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, B&F said:

Wade Davis implodes and not a mention.  Nothing new I guess.

When will he finally be removed from the role? 

4 minutes ago, wahoos1 said:

No save for Rogers?

Nope, he only got the last two outs of the game. Would have needed to pitch a full inning or enter with tying run on deck.

• Like 1

Judging by recent usage, it’s either Quijada or Garcia.  50/50.  I think you can rule the other guys out until we see more.

Jesse Chavez in for the save for Texas. Felt like the perfect time to give Leclerc a chance to regain some confidence too. Guess he got another night off after a lot of recent usage.

8 minutes ago, bradwatson said:

Jesse Chavez in for the save for Texas. Felt like the perfect time to give Leclerc a chance to regain some confidence too. Guess he got another night off after a lot of recent usage.

We Leclerc owners. Are we sick?

• Like 1

Jarlin Garcia probably gets the first shot. If Austin Brice comes off the IL soon, he could be a darkhorse. Was being used in high leverage before said IL stint. 

Not someone you should pick up, but keep an eye on right now.

2 hours ago, FootballFan101 said:

Garcia's ERA is good, but it's mostly been done with smoke and mirrors.  25 strikeouts in 32.333 innings is not a passable rate for a closer.  

So quickly we forget our lord and savior brad ziegler

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Members_Only_76 said:

Sick isnt the word. We must be masochists...

Austin Adams, Seattle should be a stash for now.

• Like 1

Don't forget to check if Workman is available in your league. He wasn't the clear closer in Boston and many assumed they'd trade for somebody, but the dust has cleared and he appears to be next man up for the role.

7 hours ago, bradwatson said:

Are you sure it's that and not that Woodward has zero confidence in LeClerc anymore?  LeClerc has proven time and time again that he can't mentally handle the 9th inning.  It would not be farfetched in my opinion if Chavez was the regular closer until Kelley came back.

1 hour ago, FootballFan101 said:

Are you sure it's that and not that Woodward has zero confidence in LeClerc anymore?  LeClerc has proven time and time again that he can't mentally handle the 9th inning.  It would not be farfetched in my opinion if Chavez was the regular closer until Kelley came back.

Get behind me satan.

8 hours ago, Members_Only_76 said:

Beyond sick. My league counts holds too at least so he hasn't lost all value if he's a setup man.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Members_Only_76 said:

I tapped out a few days ago. He’s been my most disastrous draft pick (in several leagues) by a large margin. He crushed my ratios, only got a handful of saves, and occupied a roster spot all season. If he turns it around, so be it. If he doesn’t at least he’ll be damaging someone else’s ratios (the same logic I had with Chris Archer).

• Like 1

What about Ryne Stanek getting the gig in Miami when/if he comes off the IL?   Kid throws hard and had good numbers in Tampa.

Yeah. Stanek just might save both of the Marlins' wins ROS...