Auction>Snake

Kawhi Leonard 2019-2020 Outlook

In the 9cat league with 3p% instead of 3pm, who would you rather pair Leonard with? Lillard (if still available ofc. But hardly), Gobert, Jimmy Butler? 

24 minutes ago, Croorc said:

In the 9cat league with 3p% instead of 3pm, who would you rather pair Leonard with? Lillard (if still available ofc. But hardly), Gobert, Jimmy Butler? 

3p% cat then definitely Jimmy Butler. jimmy butler will be much better than Dame if you remove 3pm. Gobert is not a bad choice, up to you if you want to go big or wing wing to kick off your draft

• Thanks 1

On 9/5/2019 at 4:29 PM, StifleTower2 said:

I’d say 65 for Kawhi and 55 for PG13.  I’d never remotely consider PG13 over Kawhi.  Kawhi is better per game and isn’t missing the first month. 

i had the unlucky blessing of picking up both for 11th pick lol

Can't decide whether i should take Kawhi in the 2nd round or not.

1st round will be Joker.

other options are:

Butler

PG13

Kyrie

westbrook

Any thoughts?

3 hours ago, IcemanIL said:

1st round will be Joker.

other options are:

Butler

PG13

Kyrie

westbrook

Any thoughts?

I would rank them

Butler, Kawhi, PG13, Kyrie, RWB. Most guys here are going to get load management treatment, Butlet the only one who is safe, so Kawhi is a better pick than any of them sicne they will get DNPs too anyway

14 hours ago, IcemanIL said:

1st round will be Joker.

other options are:

Butler

PG13

Kyrie

westbrook

Any thoughts?

Westbrook would be the worst choice for joker since jokers so good with an all around build vs a Westbrook punt. I'd take Paul George. I'd say go with butler but then you will be short on 3s already. All around builds are good to get to playoffs and have an easier time holding injured guys since they can still win %s and to's. I rarely go all around and never draft jokic because 6 or 7 very strong stats almost always wins in the playoffs against all around builds but you can get some big wins, an 8-1 or 7-2 here and there during the season with those all around builds on other teams off weeks or your on weeks. That will buy you time to hoard PG and then you will have 2 top 10 players who complement each other well. If end of season rest and injury were not a concern, I'd say take kyrie as he is very good compliment to joker but I'm not taking kyrie in any league unless it's for $35 or 3rd round. Roto, take kyrie. I see too many people saying oh take joker and then you can decide where to punt from there, but then you lose the value joker gets you from punting in the all around build. I never draft the joker and haven't seen him on any winning teams yet (40 leagues last year) because theres no way to increase his value by punting, it can only be decreased unless you're going for semi punts. You can immensely increase the value of harden or Westbrook by punting, jokic you cannot. 

On 10/4/2019 at 8:31 PM, a-rob said:

3p% cat then definitely Jimmy Butler. jimmy butler will be much better than Dame if you remove 3pm. Gobert is not a bad choice, up to you if you want to go big or wing wing to kick off your draft

Got Dame with the 9th pick and paired him with Kawhi, H2H 9 cat with 3pm. Feel like this is a good pairing if you can swing it.

33 minutes ago, Jub Jub said:

Got Dame with the 9th pick and paired him with Kawhi, H2H 9 cat with 3pm. Feel like this is a good pairing if you can swing it.

I literally just got done with my draft and got this pairing in ESPN. 10 team h2h 9-cat. Kawhi was ranked 33? by ESPN lol. I wasn't expecting getting Kawhi. Lots of people somehow sleeping on him due to rest days but he's still a top 3 player in the league. 

First 6 picks.

lillard

kawhi

trae young

draymond

bam 

JJ jr 

i may be wrong, but i feel like kawhi will play around 70 games this year barring another injury or setback.. i bet he plays back to back too if clippers are fighting for seeding in the final month. i’m feelin optimistic on this one. 

Been blasting Kawhi all offseason and on my DND list, I am against him in 2  major leagues right now and this dude and flat out killing me right now and making me eat my words. Watching him in the 2nd quarter just reminds me how beautiful his game is. Goes to his spots with ease even if he is not fast or athletic, and just hits jumper after jumpter. Also finds the open man every time he is trapped in the paint. He might also get less DNPs this year if PG will be forced to miss a bunch of games. Oh well I don't own any Kawhi stocks this year too bad, just don't kill my team and we're good.

Best player in the game?

Who does this much on both ends, this well? The guy has zero flaws in his game. It almost looks like if he wanted to, he could average 6-8 assists if that was his singular goal or if his team asked him to do so. Same for averaging 9-10 boards. 

Ridiculous. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, a-rob said:

Been blasting Kawhi all offseason and on my DND list, I am against him in 2  major leagues right now and this dude and flat out killing me right now and making me eat my words. Watching him in the 2nd quarter just reminds me how beautiful his game is. Goes to his spots with ease even if he is not fast or athletic, and just hits jumper after jumpter. Also finds the open man every time he is trapped in the paint. He might also get less DNPs this year if PG will be forced to miss a bunch of games. Oh well I don't own any Kawhi stocks this year too bad, just don't kill my team and we're good.

I mean, we knew he was going to be top 5 on a per-game basis. How many games were we going to get from him was the question. In one of my few snake drafts I picked him at the end of the 1st with hesitance, but if owners do get 70 games from him, he can be considered a steal where he was going.

Edited by Del Rio

2 hours ago, Del Rio said:

I mean, we knew he was going to be top 5 on a per-game basis. How many games were we going to get from him was the question. In one of my few snake drafts I picked him at the end of the 1st with hesitance, but if owners do get 70 games from him, he can be considered a steal where he was going.

getting 70 games is a huge steal at where he is being drafted. I'd say more of 65-70. More games than the 60 he played last year. The key here is the back to backs, if he suits up in some back to backs, then he will go around 68 games. At that point owners will take it. Considering other top players will be hovering around 70GP for the year too, with the exception of a few like Lillard & KAT.

1 hour ago, iowncrazyhair said:

Looked great out there, he was jacking up contested jumpers and faders but was making them. 

those are normal shots for kawhi. He makes those contested mid range Js more often than not. Picks his spots real well around the floor. Definitely the best player in the NBA today and would be yearly favorite for MVP if he will play enough games

• Like 1

Whoever drafted him at a discount is going to be pleased.  Will probably put up top 6 per game value and load management allegedly isn't going to be much of a concern.  I only have him on one team, but one is more than zero, I'm good with it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Soafanforlife said:

Best player in the game?

Who does this much on both ends, this well? The guy has zero flaws in his game. It almost looks like if he wanted to, he could average 6-8 assists if that was his singular goal or if his team asked him to do so. Same for averaging 9-10 boards. 

Ridiculous. 

Definitely think he's the best right now. His impact on both ends is insane, and like you said, if he focused on it, he could probably become a pretty solid playmaker.

19 minutes ago, fabrar said:

Definitely think he's the best right now. His impact on both ends is insane, and like you said, if he focused on it, he could probably become a pretty solid playmaker.

Irl?  Ofc.  Nobody's as efficient as him from the forward position, he can score at will.  He's also in consideration for best wing defender.  Who else can attest to being arguably the best offensive AND best defensive player from their position?  He's won multiple titles while being the best player on the team.  Idk if it can be disputed that he's the best atm.

Fantasy he's great as well with the efficient scoring plus stocks.  Relative lack of popcorn stats compared to the rest of the top 5 limit his upside to top 6, however.  

Kawhi looked great last night, and the Clippers are going to be a major problem for 29 other NBA teams this year. The chemistry and teamwork in game one was pretty impressive.

With Kawhi and his games played, people are really freaking out about how it's going to affect his total value this season. When pre-ranking him, I kept him high and took him 9 overall without hesitation in a 12 team 9 cat roto league. Why? When you run the games he misses with a replacement level player, those 82 games are still super-valuable, even at 65 games played. If I hadn't taken Kawhi in the first, I might well have taken PG in the second over Butler, for the same reason.

The other factor working in Kawhi's favor is load management is increasingly common, so his 65 would compare with someone else's 70-72 instead of 74-78 in years past. It is part art and part science to figure out true roto value, and it falls somewhere between total value and per game value. That's where you can earn a big edge over your league mates, if your methodology is better than theirs.

14 hours ago, Del Rio said:

There's a guy in my league that drafted Embiid, and Kawhi slid to him @14 lol. 

He may make us all regret our decision at the end of the year.

I can’t believe I passed on this guy this is going to irritate me all season I feel so dumb.

Here’s something I just found. Which really doesn’t help right us at this juncture

clippers only play 3 back to backs this year

factor in that they will have a lot of blowouts from the look of it and he could get lots of 25 min outings put up his numbers and sit the 4th

healthy I think 70 games is well in reach

On 7/12/2019 at 4:20 PM, terribleswedes said:

My view is he'll have less load management this year than last. He was coming off a lost season. 

Nobody believed me back in July. This is me being obnoxious about it