Kaboom

Rotoworld Summer Mock Draft (Roto) 2019-2020: Discussion Thread

22 minutes ago, Simsanityy179 said:

Does BBM have projected rankings for next season , or are you judging off last season ?

Last season and adjusting using my

own metrics as to whether the player will gain/lose playing time, usage, etc 

• Like 1

The picks are starting to get messed up bc it’s harder to see who has drafted what when the formatting isn’t made. 😆

57 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

Last season and adjusting using my

own metrics as to whether the player will gain/lose playing time, usage, etc 

Nicee , I might have to copy ur team strategy. I tried punting assists two years ago it really fu<cked me over with the kawhi and gobert injuries. 

• Like 1

Forgot Dejounte had been taken but I'm more than happy to get Powell. Efficient starting center and with the news of KP getting load managed this season, that's gonna be even better for his value. He was killing it in the 2nd half last season, especially once he got the starting gig.

• Like 2

Idk about you guys but I expect Jamal Murray, Gary Harris , and Will Barton to all bounce back and be top 50 contributors. Mark my words , Denver will be the most efficient offence this season 

• Haha 1

On 7/12/2019 at 10:51 PM, Kaboom said:

To be fair, @Code of Hammurabi is partying it up in Miami right now, with neither a computer nor the uninebriated state of mind to do so. 😂🌴🍻

Add me to those with external issues affecting the ability to properly format. I sold my house, and I've been in the middle of emptying a big house over this last week. I need to be fully out of the house by tomorrow, my computer is in a box somewhere,  so I only have my phone, thus my inability to properly format. My apologies. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Simsanityy179 said:

Nicee , I might have to copy ur team strategy. I tried punting assists two years ago it really fu<cked me over with the kawhi and gobert injuries. 

Sounds like injuries ****** you up not the punt assists strategy 😉

Stifle's team has me licking my lips like Dwight eyeing Oubre 😍

Always fun to see early mock drafts to help gear up for the season, cheers to everyone participating.

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Simsanityy179 said:

Idk about you guys but I expect Jamal Murray, Gary Harris , and Will Barton to all bounce back and be top 50 contributors. Mark my words , Denver will be the most efficient offence this season 

I think that's a VERY big stretch.  

Murray: 60th in 2017, 77th in 18/19.  He's never been top 50.  Moreover, he's somewhat capped out already at 18/4/4 with two threes.  He doesn't get stocks and his FG% is mediocre.  He's already good in FT% and is a low TO player for his usage.  I don't see him ever cracking the top 50 unless he gets stocks, which I don't see happening.  Some guards have capped upside for that reason, see Lou Williams.

Harris: Last four years: 163, 34, 56, 88.  That year he posted third round value was just as much of an outlier as last year's dreadful performance.  If you take the rough median I'd estimate he's around top 75 value this season.  Last season's debacle was likely due to injuries which he never recovered from, otherwise he's been solid three of four years.  But he's only been top 50 once in his life and Denver is more crowded than last year even.  

Barton: Barton has the lowest value of the three.  He's NEVER been top 50 in value.  His best year was 17-18 when he was 52nd.  Other than that he's been 211, 117, 83, 252, 361, 367.  He's 28 so he's already in his prime and has little room for improvement.  He's the most likely to lose value imo.  Jerami Grant is better than him, though Denver projects to keep the same starting lineup.  That leaves Grant with something like 30 mpg, most of which will be at the PF position, as they've already stated Millsap will play under 25 MPG.  Put Grant 20 mpg at the PF and 10 MPG at SF.  Juancho, Craig, Porter Jr. all get time at the 3.  I think you're looking at Barton getting 20-25 MPG.  The one year he got 52nd it was due to playing 33 MPG, which I think is impossible this year.  He's on my DND list, but if you want to roll the dice on him with a later pick go for it.  I'd bet the farm he doesn't crack top 50, though.

I'm absolutely certain is that even if one of them sneaks into the top 50, it's impossible for all three of them to do so. Denver's wings are even more crowded than last year and none of them were top 50 last year.  Another issue is that each year the median in threes gets higher so hitting 2 3PG is no longer special, it's barely above median.  All of these 3 and D guys are going to blend together and become replacement level.  I like Gary Harris in roto not for his 3's but his 48% FG for a shooting guard.  So of the three, I probably like him the most.  Murray is close bc his role is more stable and he's younger so he still has some upside.  Barton is just filler.

• Like 4

This one player has fallen. And I mean really fallen. But he only fits on a specific team build. I'm itching to give hints, but nope. Let's see who drafts him.

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

This one player has fallen. And I mean really fallen. But he only fits on a specific team build. I'm itching to give hints, but nope. Let's see who drafts him.

You gave it away 😬.

Edited by Pirate

33 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

Now that you reminded it’s got me thinking as he will suit our team but think we’ll pass.

9 minutes ago, Pirate said:

You gave it away 😬.

Lol I did didn't I... Or maybe I didn't!  We'll see.

3 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

Lol I did didn't I... Or maybe I didn't!  We'll see.

lol. You did give a hint when you said “only fits on a specific team” 😜

@Simsanityy179 just a reminder that we'll have to auto pick if your pick is not in pretty soon. Thanks man.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Kaboom said:

@Simsanityy179 just a reminder that we'll have to auto pick if your pick is not in pretty soon. Thanks man.

Who’s  BPA? 

Not sure if @Simsanityy179 knew who I was talking about, but yeah, it was DeAndre Jordan lol.

It'll probably be a minutes split between him and Allen, but he's still going to be alot better than a 11th round player. Especially on a punt FT team.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Trench Mob said:

Not sure if @Simsanityy179 knew who I was talking about, but yeah, it was DeAndre Jordan lol.

It'll probably be a minutes split between him and Allen, but he's still going to be alot better than a 11th round player. Especially on a punt FT team.

Im sure everyone knew who u we’re talking about LOL.

defiantly a minute split, either way in a real fantasy league I’d be dropping my last couple picks for hot free agents 

• Like 2

didnt check the stats,

but wasnt deandre a positive in FT, not making him a punt in that regards? Why such a late pick....

11 minutes ago, Ganandorf said:

didnt check the stats,

but wasnt deandre a positive in FT, not making him a punt in that regards? Why such a late pick....

Is he averaging 30 minutes again like last year, with Jarrett Allen there? That's what I'm worried about. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ganandorf said:

didnt check the stats,

He was ranked 66th last year with a line of 11/13/3.  His blocks have fallen to 1 per game.  No threes or steals to speak of.  In terms of efficiency: 64% FG/70% FT on very low volume, 2.2 TO per game.  So yes, he has figured out free throw shooting.  The problem is that he did that on 30 MPG, which he almost certainly won't hit this year.  Jordan is 30 years old, compared to Allen who is 21.  Allen is a better defender at their respective ages.   I think Allen will play 28 MPG+ this season, most of which will be at center, but maybe they will force him to play PF a little.  Jordan can only play center, and given that he is worse than Allen, will be capped around 20 MPG.  They've already reported that Jordan is willing to do whatever the team needs, including coming off the bench.  Read between the lines: his prime is over and they'd only sign him if he promises not to get in the way of Allen.

That said, I think he can still be an efficient source of rebounds.  Maybe something like 8/10 with .8 blocks.  I think he's a good pick here, but he shouldn't be picked much earlier than this imo.   

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1