Kaboom

Rotoworld Summer Mock Draft (Roto) 2019-2020: Discussion Thread

2 hours ago, StifleTower2 said:

He was ranked 66th last year with a line of 11/13/3.  His blocks have fallen to 1 per game.  No threes or steals to speak of.  In terms of efficiency: 64% FG/70% FT on very low volume, 2.2 TO per game.  So yes, he has figured out free throw shooting.  The problem is that he did that on 30 MPG, which he almost certainly won't hit this year.  Jordan is 30 years old, compared to Allen who is 21.  Allen is a better defender at their respective ages.   I think Allen will play 28 MPG+ this season, most of which will be at center, but maybe they will force him to play PF a little.  Jordan can only play center, and given that he is worse than Allen, will be capped around 20 MPG.  They've already reported that Jordan is willing to do whatever the team needs, including coming off the bench.  Read between the lines: his prime is over and they'd only sign him if he promises not to get in the way of Allen.

That said, I think he can still be an efficient source of rebounds.  Maybe something like 8/10 with .8 blocks.  I think he's a good pick here, but he shouldn't be picked much earlier than this imo.   

fantastic analysis there stifle. 

In reality, deandre is only there because hes boys with Durant. I heard he would make deandre his best man if durant ever got married. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Ganandorf said:

fantastic analysis there stifle. 

In reality, deandre is only there because hes boys with Durant. I heard he would make deandre his best man if durant ever got married. 

I concur with this. Really good analysis,  and likely the reason a lot of us passed on him in earlier rounds.

• Like 1

Wow Brandon Clarke off the board, who got sniped?? 

Please talk me thru this pick @Kaboom I don't even know who he is

so its THAT time of the year again. just started reading picks and discussions of the roto mock. glad H2H hasnt started. would like to join the H2H mock per usual.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, jay14bay said:

Grizzlies rookie forward Brandon Clarke has been named the MVP of the Las Vegas Summer League.

Clarke averaged 14.6 points, 8.6 rebounds and 1.6 blocks on 57 percent shooting in just 21.4 minutes through five games. He was picked 21st by Memphis, and he already looks like a steal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, jay14bay said:

I didn't know who he was either until the RW blurbs about him. Then he won Summer League MVP. I prefer guys like that late in a draft over old, boring Marvin Williams types. 

• Like 2

My strengths

Field Goal Percentage

Free Throws

Rebounds

Blocks

Somewhere in the middle

Assist

Steals

My weaknesses

Three's

Turnovers

That's how I view my team.

39 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

Somewhere in the middle

Assist

Wait... I take this part back.

Rubio, Booker, Draymond, and Middleton. Just good enough to be considered above average as a unit.

On 7/15/2019 at 5:59 AM, jay14bay said:

On 7/15/2019 at 12:06 PM, Chrizz said:

Grizzlies rookie forward Brandon Clarke has been named the MVP of the Las Vegas Summer League.

Clarke averaged 14.6 points, 8.6 rebounds and 1.6 blocks on 57 percent shooting in just 21.4 minutes through five games. He was picked 21st by Memphis, and he already looks like a steal.

Clarke had arguably the single greatest season in college basketball history (outside of zion).  If there's one stat that kind of sums up his game - Clarke had more blocks than missed shots last year.

In Summer league he just doesnt accumulate stats - he really impacts the game.  He's plus 47 or something, with a PER of 34, both probably #1.  His IQ is off the charts, he has 99th% athleticism, both of which allows him to challenge everything...on offense he doesnt really miss shots, can get offensive rebounds and put-backs, and now apparently he hits open 3's.  

• Like 3

Zeller-top 100 last season on 25 mpg.  Last two months: 13.2/7.5/1.9/.9/1 53/76 splits, 1.2 TO.  Good enough for 83rd.  Now he is on a s---y team with no competition for minutes.  I'd put him at 13/8/3/1/1 on 54/79 splits, under 1.5 TO per game.  Great sleeper for roto if he plays over 60 games.  

24 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

Zeller-top 100 last season on 25 mpg.  Last two months: 13.2/7.5/1.9/.9/1 53/76 splits, 1.2 TO.  Good enough for 83rd.  Now he is on a s---y team with no competition for minutes.  I'd put him at 13/8/3/1/1 on 54/79 splits, under 1.5 TO per game.  Great sleeper for roto if he plays over 60 games.  

He might be fragile than Gallinari. Forget 60 games. I'd take the under for 50 games.

1 minute ago, Trench Mob said:

He might be fragile than Gallinari. Forget 60 games. I'd take the under for 50 games. 

If he gets hurt, it's an easy drop to pick up a guard.

12 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

If he gets hurt, it's an easy drop to pick up a guard.

Yeah everyone knows that we all drop our last round pick for the hot pre-season guy or the bench player who shows out game 1 anyway 😆

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, hipriest69 said:

Clarke had arguably the single greatest season in college basketball history (outside of zion).  If there's one stat that kind of sums up his game - Clarke had more blocks than missed shots last year.

In Summer league he just doesnt accumulate stats - he really impacts the game.  He's plus 47 or something, with a PER of 34, both probably #1.  His IQ is off the charts, he has 99th% athleticism, both of which allows him to challenge everything...on offense he doesnt really miss shots, can get offensive rebounds and put-backs, and now apparently he hits open 3's.  

I get what youre trying to say, but hes not even close to the greatest season in college basketball history, or even of the last 10 years. Anthony Davis, Kevin Durant, Beasley, all had wayyyyy better seasons. If youre mind is blown by 3.2 blocks a game, Davis put up 4.7 a game lol. If you wanna go even further back Shaq was absolutely ridiculous in college with 28, 15, and 5 blocks a game. Clarke had a really good season, but hes in the argument for best players of last season, not of all time.

• Like 3

Let me know if the h2h mock starts picking up people, id like in