tyso22

What do I do with 2 1st Round picks?

So I made a few transactions and was able to secure the 1st and 6th overall picks in my 10 team, full-ppr league. I basically traded away my 2nd and 3rd for the 1st overall and a 5th. So my question is, who would you draft at each spot? Do I go RB-RB (such as Zeke/Barkley/CMC & Gordon/Johnson) or do I go RB-WR (such as Zeke/Barkley/CMC & Hopkins/Adams)? I keep going back and forth on this and can't seem to nail down a strategy. Let's hear it! 

Your next pick is roughly in the 4th. Choose a few players whose ADP is roughly in this area that you like this year and make those first two selections based on that. If you don't fancy any of the WR's around the 38-55 mark, you should probably be taking one with that 5th. At a glance there seem to be a lot of solid WR's in that area so you might be content to go RB-RB and gamble on one being available at your 3rd pick.

I'd actually have gone totally opposite to what you did though. Most of the players I like this year are all late 1st, 2nd and 3rd adp. I'd have happily traded away my first for some additional picks in these rounds.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

Redraft or dynasty?

Sorry, forgot to mention that. Redraft

18 minutes ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

How does it work to trade picks in redraft?

You just make trades pre-draft. The Sleeper App just reassigns the traded draft spots accordingly. 

1 hour ago, tyso22 said:

So I made a few transactions and was able to secure the 1st and 6th overall picks in my 10 team, full-ppr league. I basically traded away my 2nd and 3rd for the 1st overall and a 5th. So my question is, who would you draft at each spot? Do I go RB-RB (such as Zeke/Barkley/CMC & Gordon/Johnson) or do I go RB-WR (such as Zeke/Barkley/CMC & Hopkins/Adams)? I keep going back and forth on this and can't seem to nail down a strategy. Let's hear it! 

Wow. Amazing job wheeling and dealing those picks. As long as you pick a player that remains mostly healthy at that target area you absolutely destroyed that trade. 

I personally like the RB RB strategy with those picks and just hope your backs stay healthy. Lot of solid WRs available middle and later in 10 teamer. 

I'm always trying to trade picks like you just did. Well played. Tell me the pick numbers of the entire trade (1.01 / 5.01 for 2.04 / 3.06) and I'll look at the trade calculator and tell you how many points you won by. I'm betting it was like a 100 point swing in your favor. 

• Like 1

If you can get Nuk with that 6th pick I should say you probably have to pick him instead. Lot of people drafting RB's like Gordon over him and I've seen him get to 6 in several mocks. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

Wow. Amazing job wheeling and dealing those picks. As long as you pick a player that remains mostly healthy at that target area you absolutely destroyed that trade. 

I personally like the RB RB strategy with those picks and just hope your backs stay healthy. Lot of solid WRs available middle and later in 10 teamer. 

I'm always trying to trade picks like you just did. Well played. Tell me the pick numbers of the entire trade (1.01 / 5.01 for 2.04 / 3.06) and I'll look at the trade calculator and tell you how many points you won by. I'm betting it was like a 100 point swing in your favor. 

My gut is also telling me to utilize the RB-RB strategy as well. Crazy enough, with it being FULL-PPR, I'm really liking CMC at 1.01 and then it's a toss-up between Gordon or Johnson at 1.06. However...if I went CMC at 1.01 then Hopkins at 1.06, from an ADP standpoint it looks like I can scoop up Watson with my 6th rounder which would be a delightful stack. Right now, with my 4th rounder, I'm looking at guys like Diggs, Edelman, Cooks for WR and K.Johnson, Ingram and Lindsay as an RB. This gives me a little more ambition to go RB-RB because if be totally fine with Diggs or Edelman being my WR1. WR depth is much easier to find. I should also mention, we only start 2 WR, not 3. 

Haha thanks man. It was my 2.07 and 3.07 for the 1.01 and the 5.06. As soon as I saw the trade come through, I couldn't accept it fast enough lol. 

Edited by tyso22
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, tyso22 said:

My gut is also telling me to utilize the RB-RB strategy as well. Crazy enough, with it being FULL-PPR, I'm really liking CMC at 1.01 and then it's a toss-up between Gordon or Johnson at 1.06. However...if I went CMC at 1.01 then Hopkins at 1.06, from an ADP standpoint it looks like I can scoop up Watson with my 6th rounder which would be a delightful stack. Right now, with my 4th rounder, I'm looking at guys like Diggs, Edelman, Cooks for WR and K.Johnson, Ingram and Lindsay as an RB. This gives me a little more ambition to go RB-RB because if be totally fine with Diggs or Edelman being my WR1. WR depth is much easier to find. I should also mention, we only start 2 WR, not 3. 

Haha thanks man. It was my 2.07 and 3.07 for the 1.01 and the 5.06. As soon as I saw the trade come through, I couldn't accept it fast enough lol. 

6pt passing TD as well for QB

Zeke and Hopkins/Adams

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, tyso22 said:

You start 2 WR you absolutely gotta go Nuk. Elite talent wins in that format, not solid and steady. Just my thoughts. 

My draft pick calculator I use calls it a 500 point swing in your favor or a 20% (120%) improvement. 

Lamens terms... A TRAPE. Good job. Good luck. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

You start 2 WR you absolutely gotta go Nuk. Elite talent wins in that format, not solid and steady. Just my thoughts. 

My draft pick calculator I use calls it a 500 point swing in your favor or a 20% (120%) improvement. 

Lamens terms... A TRAPE. Good job. Good luck. 

Haha a trape for sure! 

So who would you take at 1.01 and why? I reeeeeeeeally like CMC but he's been my guy in a keeper league for past 2 years so it might be a little bias. I'm strugglin with this choice 

But hard to argue with Nuk @ 6 overall that's for sure 

Edited by tyso22

14 minutes ago, tyso22 said:

Haha a trape for sure! 

So who would you take at 1.01 and why? I reeeeeeeeally like CMC but he's been my guy in a keeper league for past 2 years so it might be a little bias. I'm strugglin with this choice 

But hard to argue with Nuk @ 6 overall that's for sure 

Dice roll IMO. it's gonna come down to health. 

Anyone can make a valid argument for all of big 4 and I wouldn't fault anyone. Gun to head I might take zeke but if I had pick 1 or pick 4 I'd probably be just fine with the results 

14 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

Anyone can make a valid argument for all of big 4 and I wouldn't fault anyone. Gun to head I might take zeke but if I had pick 1 or pick 4 I'd probably be just fine with the results 

That's fair. I'd really be happy with any of the 4. Makes me wonder if anyone in the 2nd, 3rd or 4th spot might want to over pay for the 1st overall lol...I might have a trade auction too lol. 

• Like 1

I would go either 1.1)Barkley/CMC 1.6)NUK 4) K.Johnson and then get D Watson in the 6th and that will be a might formidable core group.

I'd be grabbing Nuk or Adams at #6. There's a lot of RBs to be had on every round. If you go RB RB right away, you're looking at someone like Golladay as your #1 WR, which wouldn't make me very comfortable. Grabbing the #1 RB and WR doesn't pigeonhole you into another position later. 

I'd go Zeke/Mccaffery, and Adams/Hopkins 

On 7/4/2019 at 10:55 AM, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

And there's you answer, tyso. If you agree and you're truly happy with any of the top 4, then start offering your 1.01 to the teams with the 2nd-4th picks, and see if you can get a 2nd rd or 3rd rd back.