Sign in to follow this  
ASHLANDARROWS1992

Would you pull the trigger?

13 hours ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

Team in sig..6x6 OPS 13 team roto league.  I currently have a 6 save lead over 2nd place in saves.

my current closers..Jansen, hand, kimbrel, Kennedy, oberg, and (hunter Strickland on the IL)

i get...Realmuto and trey mancini

i give...grandal and kenley Jansen 

I would not, Grandal has been better than Realmuto this year and I think Jansen is more valuable then Mancini 

Tough one here. Grandal is having a hell of a year and even though I still prefer Realmuto ROS I think you'd be losing a very important piece in Jensen. That 6 save lead can very easily slip away within the span of a week. Hand and Kennedy might be on the move at the deadline (possibly to the Dodgers which would render them useless in that case), Kimbrel has been brutal and can possibly find himself getting plugged into lower leverage situations before you know it. Oberg is still a setup man at this point and who knows what Stricklands role will be if/when he comes back healthy. 

All that being said, I'm sure there will be new closers to pluck off the waiver wire once the trade deadline passes. At the same time though, I've heard you mention you're in a saves thirsty league which means many of those guys might already be stashed on other teams. If it were me, I'd probably keep what I have in Grandal/Jensen. However, I wouldn't blame you for taking the trade. 

It’s pretty close but I’d lean no. I’d be trying to aim higher than Mancini and just do Jansen straight up

Grandal has been showing more power and plate discipline this year.  I don't think that power continues, but I think he's not too far off from JT rest of season, with the exception of BA, which would be 20pts lower most likely.  I don't mind Mancini, but I would dangle Jansen and see what you can get.  Looking at trade chart, Jansen is a $19 player and Mancini a $6 player.  (Grandal $18 vs JT $25 FYI).  

Seems like a split vote almost..my gut after seeing this nearly split vote was to decline it so I did

still trying to dangle a closer though

It's a fair enough offer. JT Realmuto has to get it going soon

It is a fair offer - But I would lean no. 

There is something special offensively going on in MIL this year & Grandal has been amazing. Still believe their is some gas in tank for Kenley too 

Help?

Sorry for the long delay I'm on the other side of the world right now.  So it's definitely fair, and given your team make up I'd also argue it makes a lot of sense for you.  But I'm still saying no.  I do think Realmuto is better than he has shown so far but Grandal is still a stud.  It's not like he is only outperforming Realmuto in OPS this year.  Over the past 4 years- Grandal: .883/.815/.767/.816 vs  Realmuto: .764/.824/.783.771.  Giving him more ABs in such a potent line up I think the performance is very much real.

I do think there is reason to be concerned about Kenley, BUT I also think he has more trade value than Mancini. Real value might be a different story because I do like Mancini well enough as a OF3/IF/UTIL guy, but I just think you can do better for a guy with Kenley's name if that makes sense. Plus if I had to guess I'd say Kenley's value is going to go up and Mancini's will go down going forward.

TL;DR it's fair enough, but I think you can do better.  Maybe just a 1:1 with Kenley or another RP. Good luck.

I'd lean no, but wouldn't blame you for taking it.  I like the idea of the offer, trading Jansen for hitting.  And I could see you making the deal because it makes sense from a strategy standpoint.  But, I would hope you could get more for Jansen.  As others have mentioned, trading him makes sense as his name is more valuable than his actual ROS value, and you're in first place in saves.  I would just hope that you could get more.

So I would say to keep shopping Jansen a bit for hitting.  Hopefully you find a deal that produces less of a 50/50 split on a message board like this.