Pyschout

Pascal Siakam 2019-2020 Outlook

4 hours ago, Jake the snake said:

Sorry guys, I hereby withdraw all my comments and inputs in this thread

3 hours ago, Gile Pile said:

I give up and I am joining @Jake the snake in retirement from this forum.
 I will finish H2H summer draft and that is it.

Oh, thank god, perhaps we can have a realistic conversation, instead of fans "chas[ing] what others think is impossible" because "being realistic is  boring" (Gile's words, not mine).  It's like you guys want to pretend last year's thread didn't happen, but we can't do that. 

It's not that you were wrong about it, you were haughtily wrong.  And it's not just that you were haughtily wrong, it was in the face of a very mundane and common sense observation.  It would be like if Houston fans yelled at anyone who said Harden wouldn't average 40 last year, and then when it turned out he didn't, they were like "Heh, yeah he only averaged 36, what a loser."  Like no one said he was a loser, just that he wouldn't average 40 and you guys argued, calm down. And then they come around the next year and are like "Okay guys, here's what I think about Harden, listen up, I'm being serious this time, let's not talk about last year's thread, move on." 

Siakam might get top 25 value, he might not.  His best category last year is the one that's almost certain to fall this year, so I think that's a significant concern and honestly I'd expect him to only marginally improve on last year's ranking and finish somewhere in the 30s.  But the point is, everyone reading this needs to know how off base and how homerific you guys were last year.  Sorry, but the forum is a great resource for fantasy and if we just ignored how wrong you guys have been before, the quality of the resource would drop.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I’d say Spicy p finishes around 28-35 in per game values.

just sucks how my raptors can’t run it back this season :( 

• Like 1

I'll try to grab him in the 5th or so. He wont be much better than last year but he will have a higher usage rate. I predict similar stats with lower fg% an higher to's, less 3s but probably 20ppg 6rbs 3 asts. 9 steals and .8 blocks .5 3s and 2.8 tos and 46% fg. Lowry sucks so hes gonna miss a ton of games making siakim the go to guy but I just dont think he gets it done. Hes another guy that should seem like a sleeper but ends up being drafted at value due to new popularity after winning the finals last year. I'd stay away unless you can get him in the 5th or for $20. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, johnval1362 said:

I'll try to grab him in the 5th or so. He wont be much better than last year but he will have a higher usage rate. I predict similar stats with lower fg% an higher to's, less 3s but probably 20ppg 6rbs 3 asts. 9 steals and .8 blocks .5 3s and 2.8 tos and 46% fg. Lowry sucks so hes gonna miss a ton of games making siakim the go to guy but I just dont think he gets it done. Hes another guy that should seem like a sleeper but ends up being drafted at value due to new popularity after winning the finals last year. I'd stay away unless you can get him in the 5th or for $20. 

He won’t last past pick 40 in any draft 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, johnval1362 said:

JV is so good that it will take at least half a season for him to get enough minutes to make an impact. JJ will play 48 mins a game if he doesn't foul (not really but quite a bit). I don't know how its going to work with JV and JJ but I do know no one give a flying F about Clarke when JJJ is around so depends what happens with him. 

8 hours ago, johnval1362 said:

So, please guys take your advice from a JV Hiver, still bitter that it took trading his boy for a raptors title... 🤷🏾‍♀️

Posted (edited)
On 7/16/2019 at 10:45 PM, Pyschout said:

So my question now is are you being optimistic, because it's more fun to say crazy s--- that you hope becomes true, or are you being serious?  Frankly, you just can't be trusted.  You ****** that up last year with this same player, no one should really take you seriously about him. 

60%.

Good point. You were on the money about Siakam last year:

Nearly a month into the season you made an even sharper post:

Clearly your opinion on Siakam matters more than say, @Jake the snake's, who foolishly picked Siakam to start, breakout, win MIP, and (almost) become an All-Star. Oh wait...

And just for fun, here is another gem:

This dude really predicted/assumed that Lonzo f****n Ball was gonna be the reason that one of the game's GOATs, LeBron, runs the offence less 🤣. Then has the audacity to question other people's basketball knowledge.

LeBron went onto to post a usage rate that was higher than all but 2 of his seasons ('12 and '15) in the last 9 years.

Edited by v1n5anity
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

15 minutes ago, v1n5anity said:

This dude really predicted/assumed that Lonzo f****n Ball was gonna be the reason that one of the game's GOATs, LeBron, runs the offence less 

LeBron went onto to post a usage rate that was higher than all but 2 of his seasons in the last 9 years.

Speaking of GOATs, you still got it v1n! 

@v1n5anity=GOAT

• Like 5

1 hour ago, v1n5anity said:

Clearly your opinion on Siakam matters more than say, @Jake the snake's, who foolishly picked Siakam to start, breakout, win MIP, and (almost) become an All-Star. Oh wait...

This dude really predicted/assumed that Lonzo f****n Ball was gonna be the reason that one of the game's GOATs, LeBron, runs the offence less 🤣. Then has the audacity to question other people's basketball knowledge.

LeBron went onto to post a usage rate that was higher than all but 2 of his seasons ('12 and '15) in the last 9 years.

LOOOLLL

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, v1n5anity said:

That's all true, but the real question is:

DID I YELL AND CRY WHEN PEOPLE POINTED OUT THAT SIAKAM WOULDN'T MAKE HISTORY?

3205434_0.jpg

• Like 1

This thread has spiraled out of control.  I debated @Jake the snake and @Gile Pile only under the specific topic of whether Pascal would be top 25 in per game value.  I never intended to insult either of them or Pascal Siakam.  Now the thread is pure ad hominem...it has lost whatever value it had.  I hope we can all move forward.   

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

This thread has spiraled out of control.  I debated @Jake the snake and @Gile Pile only under the specific topic of whether Pascal would be top 25 in per game value.  I never intended to insult either of them or Pascal Siakam.  Now the thread is pure ad hominem...it has lost whatever value it had.  I hope we can all move forward.   

Don't worry you didn't offend, And I'm hard to offend being trained down under where we offend each other at nausea from childhood to toughen ourselves up just for laughs...it's pretty clear there is one person here not attempting to contribute and that is not you stifle.

My whole retirement thing was sarcasm with intent of moving on from the 60% thing... alas it didn't work. @v1n5anity was way more on point using the whole hypocrisy of the personal attacks...alas that didn't work either! It's funny bringing up bad takes first time or two, but 11th, 12th, 13th...yeah you better be very very right your whole rotoworld back-catalogue of posts otherwise you start looking pretty silly...

Anyway back to Siakam. He's working it already:

Working on his pull up game and handles with Rico...👀

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Jake the snake said:

Don't worry you didn't offend, And I'm hard to offend being trained down under where we offend each other at nausea from childhood to toughen ourselves up just for laughs...it's pretty clear there is one person here not attempting to contribute and that is not you stifle.

My whole retirement thing was sarcasm with intent of moving on from the 60% thing... alas it didn't work. @v1n5anity was way more on point using the whole hypocrisy of the personal attacks...alas that didn't work either! It's funny bringing up bad takes first time or two, but 11th, 12th, 13th...yeah you better be very very right your whole rotoworld back-catalogue of posts otherwise you start looking pretty silly...

Yeah, I understood that.  I just think we should move on.  If everyone got banned for getting one thing wrong, there would be no rotoworld forums anymore.

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, johnval1362 said:

"Lowry sucks" lol ok bro. he was the 2nd best player on raps in the finals series, came up huge in game 6 to close out. For the playoffs he averaged something like 16 pts 7 assists 4 rebs 1.3 steals 2.3 3s on 44% fg (decent). Ya he will prolly miss time from injury as he typically does, usually later in 2nd half of season but he doesn't suck, especially not in fantasy where I think he will be very good this season. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, v1n5anity said:

Lmao well played you just destroyed the dude with pure evidence of his ignorance

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, v1n5anity said:

This has got to be one of the top 3 most epic burn posts I've ever read in any forums!  😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Pyschout said:

That's all true, but the real question is:

DID I YELL AND CRY WHEN PEOPLE POINTED OUT THAT SIAKAM WOULDN'T MAKE HISTORY?

3205434_0.jpg

https://www.skillsyouneed.com/write/capital-letters.html 

I would check  rule #6.   Time to move on, it is all water under the bridge.

2019-2020 season is almost there, we should all focus on that

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Jake the snake said:

Ooooo Spicy P working on the pull-up?  There is no way this dude isn't going to improve from last year.  Like he said, "I'm just getting started..."  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, richg24 said:

Lmao well played you just destroyed the dude with pure evidence of his ignorance

Huh?  I was right though, he averaged his fewest assists since 2015 lmao

And, thankfully, I didn't predict he'd make history with his shooting.

HISTORIC BEAST

• Like 2

Are you guys doing okay without me?  You know I don't start paying attention until like September.  Good to see another bet taking place, though.  Personally, I'm not a gambling type, I just wait until I say something totally normal and people freak out.  Two years ago it was Lonzo, last year it was Pascal, who know who it'll be this year.

"Chris Paul won't average 20 assists"

"lmao okay chump, do you even watch the Thunder"

Easy money.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/19/2019 at 4:57 PM, Pyschout said:

Huh?  I was right though, he averaged his fewest assists since 2015 lmao

And, thankfully, I didn't predict he'd make history with his shooting.

HISTORIC BEAST

Huh? So now "running the offense" simply means assists per game? Moving goal posts, I see. Funny though, because you were still VERY wrong:

Last season, LeBron averaged the second highest assists per 36 minutes figure of his entire career. Not only that, but he also scored more points per 36 minutes than in any of his other seasons. But yeah, you were right 🤣.

The fact of the matter is, you were so off-base about Siakam and LeBron that you just look silly for calling others out (over and over and over and over and over again, mind you).

So after reviewing what you've said about Siakam and LeBron (and who knows who else), this is my message to you:

On 7/16/2019 at 10:45 PM, Pyschout said:

Frankly, you just can't be trusted.  You ****** that up last year with this same player, no one should really take you seriously about him.

• Haha 1

Can we please get back on topic? The “I told you so” narrative adds nothing useful to any discussion.

Everyone makes mistakes- so what? Life goes on. It’s more important that we learn from said mistakes and improve as F GMs, which is the point of this forum.

Anyone here now, is obviously preparing for their respective drafts, in the aftermath of the most impactful offseason to date.

ANYWAY, would you gents unanimously pick Siak over Ayton? They’re both young, can move the ball (Ayton has shown flashes), hit their fts better than most bigs, can score, aren’t reliable for stocks and excel at fg%. 

Given that Siak’s 3PM contributions (He wont likely be a 2 3PM guy this season) are less meaningful in this era. Who would you rather have and why?

• Like 4

Siakam, because he is clear  #1 option next season and future of the franchise

2 hours ago, v1n5anity said:

Huh? So now "running the offense" simply means assists per game? Moving goal posts, I see. Funny though, because you were still VERY wrong:

Last season, LeBron averaged the second highest assists per 36 minutes figure of his entire career. Not only that, but he also scored more points per 36 minutes than in any of his other seasons. But yeah, you were right 🤣.

The fact of the matter is, you were so off-base about Siakam and LeBron that you just look silly for calling others out (over and over and over and over and over again, mind you).

So after reviewing what you've said about Siakam and LeBron (and who knows who else), this is my message to you:

lmao which fantasy leagues do you play in where per 36 numbers count again?

It's funny, when you look at last year's Siakam thread, you're all over it upvoting people who say he's gonna shoot 60% and making confused faces at those saying he's not.

Are you still confused about it

lol

1 hour ago, Mikhov said:

Everyone makes mistakes- so what?

Well, the "so what" is the people that were so sure of themselves were so wrong.  We need to recognize that.

I was wrong in one post.  How many were Gile and Vinsanity wrong in.  Literally dozens upon dozens.  They shouldn't talk about this player, frankly. 

But, they'll keep posting, so I'll keep reminding everyone.