Pyschout

Pascal Siakam 2019-2020 Outlook

Contract extension signed. I wonder if 60% fg in a season is one of the sweeteners in the contract. 😁

22 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

Contract extension signed. I wonder if 60% fg in a season is one of the sweeteners in the contract. 😁

I would think the Raptors would like to see him duplicate his performance before giving him such a deal. But if the Raptors are confident he's the guy, then he's the guy.

But this is the new league where a guy like Middleton has a max. So I guess it's nothing to second guess.

8 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

I would think the Raptors would like to see him duplicate his performance before giving him such a deal. But if the Raptors are confident he's the guy, then he's the guy.

But this is the new league where a guy like Middleton has a max. So I guess it's nothing to second guess.

Siakam is much better than Middleton, he actually shows up for games that matter. To quote ESPN article:  

"He averaged 19.8 points, 7.5 rebounds, 3.7 assists and 0.7 blocks per game in the NBA Finals -- including 23.8 points on 59% shooting in the Raptors' four victories over the Golden State Warriors."

that is 1% shy of 60% mark 😁

Edited by Gile Pile

I know its only the first game but he looks so active out there, the offense is going through him. Congrats if you drafter him 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Well, I might lose this bet.  Fortunately, our conversation led me to pick him up, and franchise tag him in a dynasty league.  So there's my consolation in case I do lose.

• Haha 4

feels so good to have both giannis and pascal on the same team

Just now, Gile Pile said:

I am very pleased with his  free throws

Ofc and the volume is there.  The only cause for concern is that we speculated whether his FG% is sustainable or whether it will drop if he becomes the main guy.  It seems as if it will drop.  Small sample size, but I just don't see it being over 50%.  Also, only 1 block, no steals.  I think this is mostly what you're getting: 25/10/5 with 2 threes, .7/.7.  48/85/3 to.  Something like that. 

I think he will finish with 1st round value. And I am seriously P.O.'d I don't have him.

5 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

Ofc and the volume is there.  The only cause for concern is that we speculated whether his FG% is sustainable or whether it will drop if he becomes the main guy.  It seems as if it will drop.  Small sample size, but I just don't see it being over 50%.  Also, only 1 block, no steals.  I think this is mostly what you're getting: 25/10/5 with 2 threes, .7/.7.  48/85/3 to.  Something like that. 

34/18/5 with 2 3ptm, 1 block, 4 TO   and 10/11 FTs. 

This line sucks because there is only 1 block, no steals ?  😛

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Gile Pile said:

Drop him

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

I neither said nor implied that.  Yes, that line is brilliant.   He's not going to go 34/18/5 every night either.  Not every game is going into overtime.  All I'm saying is that if his counting stats come down to earth, and he's shooting 45% with 4 TO, and no stocks then his finish in 9 cat roto isn't going to be as high as you may think going solely off his counting stats.    

1 minute ago, StifleTower2 said:

I neither said nor implied that.  Yes, that line is brilliant.   He's not going to go 34/18/5 every night either.  Not every game is going into overtime.  All I'm saying is that if his counting stats come down to earth, and he's shooting 45% with 4 TO, and no stocks then his finish in 9 cat roto isn't going to be as high as you may think going solely off his counting stats.    

was to bet for roto or H2H?   Btw, Siakam fouled out in 4th, so numbers aren't inflated by overtime

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

was to bet for roto or H2H?   Btw, Siakam fouled out in 4th, so numbers aren't inflated by overtime

Bet was for ranking in BBM on a per game basis.  They use a standard deviation model which you could say is more primed to roto.  In H2H if omeone went 34/18/5 every night then you would just punt whatever he was bad at or make it up elsewhere.  BTW the league I have him in is a points dynasty, looking great there, 55 fp.

Edited by StifleTower2

Feel bad for passing on him at 31 (took Kemba). Particularly as I was one of the lucky ones who plucked him off waivers last season.

Easy guy to root for. Enjoy the ride Spicy-P owners!