Sign in to follow this  
kidtwentytwo

Predicting 2020 1st Round

Going into the 2019 ASB.

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/baseball/news/fantasy-baseball-predicting-the-first-two-rounds-of-2020-drafts/

Mine for 5x5.  I'll go 15 spots.  5 cat guys and speed continue to get a bump.  

1.  Yelich

2.  Trout

3.  Bellinger 

4. Acuna

5. Mookie

6.  Scherzer

7.  Arenado

8.  Story

9.  Cole

10.  Turner

11.  Lindor

12.  Bregman

13. DeGrom

14.  Tatis

15.  Freeman

Next up:  Josh Bell, JD, Baez, Judge

What's yours?

Trea Turner is not a 1st rd pick in my eyes

• Like 7

Pete Alonso could get in the top-15 I think if he stays healthy and finishes with 40+ HRs: That kind of a rookie season -- and the health -- is tantalizing for managers. I could see him being a popular choice for a stable power anchor at the turn.

• Like 1

If baseball goes back to real baseballs instead of these super balls it would change a lot. Right now any pitcher with an ERA under 4 is considered great since the normal baseball score is 9-8. I would still put Trout 1 since his HR ability is not based on juiced balls. I would also take De Grom out of the list. The Mets are a terrible team who took the best closer last year Diaz and turned him into a poor mans Fernando Rodney. if ur first round pick goes 10-8 on the Mets that is Cy Young material, on ur team not so much.

3 minutes ago, hailfire4 said:

If baseball goes back to real baseballs instead of these super balls it would change a lot. Right now any pitcher with an ERA under 4 is considered great since the normal baseball score is 9-8. I would still put Trout 1 since his HR ability is not based on juiced balls. I would also take De Grom out of the list. The Mets are a terrible team who took the best closer last year Diaz and turned him into a poor mans Fernando Rodney. if ur first round pick goes 10-8 on the Mets that is Cy Young material, on ur team not so much.

I'm not so much worried about the wins with deGrom, but rather the ability of the defense to turn batted balls into outs, the shoddy bullpen letting inherited runners score and just the overall dysfunction and incompetence of the Mets.

Now that we know for sure 2018 was a once-in-a-lifetime campaign that isn't happening again, I agree he's know squarely out of the first round. Lump him with the rest of the 2.50-3.00 ERA-ish, 1.1 WHIP, tons of strikeouts guys.

34 minutes ago, azeri98 said:

What, why? HRs are easier to find then ever. Too much injury risk? His per-game value is still re-dic. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Slatykamora said:

What, why? HRs are easier to find then ever. Too much injury risk? His per-game value is still re-dic. 

It's a "scarcity thesis", is it not? Idk. I'm leaning towards shunning the idea of scarcity altogether, let alone in the first round.

13 minutes ago, Slatykamora said:

162-game average-

.288/108/20/71/56

He is absurd when healthy. 100% a 1st rounder. Especially as you said, decrease in SB & increase in HR.

• Like 1

I get that he was last year’s fun story but oh my how people have forgotten Juan Soto, not mentioned by a single person so far?? That’s crazy. The guy is 20 years old. He has the plate discipline of a veteran and the sky is the limit 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, azeri98 said:

Agree I take Lindor, tatis, Baez and quite possibly mondesi and machado before him if I’m grabbing a ss 

You have a solid list, I’ll give it a go: 5x5 OBP

1.  Trout

2.  Yelich

3.  Acuña 

4. Bellinger

5. Lindor (A standard 2nd half for him will put him back up here for drafts next year, nearly pacing 30/30 as it is) 

6.  Mookie

7.  Arenado

8.  Scherzer

9.  Story

10.  Turner

11.  Bregman

12.  Freeman

13. Bell

14.  JD

15.  Judge (barring health, dude could flirt with being a top 5 fantasy asset in the second half in OBP leagues)

Next up:  Bryant (nice to see him back in form), Pete Alonso, Manny, Soto, Tatis, Devers, Harper, Rendon. 

Biggest ADP drops from this year to next: JoRam, Benintendi, Cain, Stanton, Altuve, Carpenter, Syndergaard.

Looking at those guys who just missed the top 15, there should be some tremendous hitters in that late 2nd-4th round range 

• Like 1

Im taking Story ahead ahead of any other SS

1. Trout

2. Yelich

3. Scherzer 

4. Bellinger

5. Acuna

6. Arenado

7. Story

8. Mookie

9. Bregman

10. Freddie

11. Lindor (could be higher if they add more talent)

12. JD 

13. Rendon

14. Judge

15. Devers (assuming he keeps this up.. borderline best 3B in baseball through the first half) 

Machado/Tatis/Baez/turner all get dropped a bit only because SS is so stacked right now. Harper/Soto/Blackmon/Alonso could all finish 1st round value 

Am I leaving anyone out? Scherzer the only true first round pitcher to me. Cole and sale are nice but not top 15 for me. 

8 minutes ago, cs3 said:

Im taking Story ahead ahead of any other SS

You will like my rankings then lol

Jd Martinez in the first four rounds is like fantasy team suicide. He is 5th round talent at best and he will be declining even more next year

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

Jd Martinez in the first four rounds is like fantasy team suicide. He is 5th round talent at best and he will be declining even more next year

I mean that’s pretty bold. He’s still hitting .300 this year, and the power could come at any moment. If he finishes with 30 or less homers this year I completely agree. I’m assuming 40 until it doesn’t happen though. And a .300/40 home run hitter is a first round guy. 

2 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

I mean that’s pretty bold. He’s still hitting .300 this year, and the power could come at any moment. If he finishes with 30 or less homers this year I completely agree. I’m assuming 40 until it doesn’t happen though. And a .300/40 home run hitter is a first round guy. 

Empty average for him. The counting stats are not there this year...he will not get to 100 rbi

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

Empty average for him. The counting stats are not there this year...he will not get to 100 rbi

He’s at 48 and has missed some time. He has a shot at 100 for sure. I think he will finish about .305/95/41/110

5 minutes ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

Trout is still #1. 

Agreed. Best floor in baseball. 

1 hour ago, svtballa said:

All this talk and no one brings  up Rendon???   top 15 all day

Unless you have crazy power or a floor like arenado, I don’t think you can sneak into the first round without some speed. Doesn’t help he’s a FA either.  

2 hours ago, Golden Spikes said:

Agree I take Lindor, tatis, Baez and quite possibly mondesi and machado before him if I’m grabbing a ss 

Machado has played 37 more games than Turner this year and is right next to him in the player rater. Machado isn’t close. He’s a name only. Rendon is better.

• Like 2