Sign in to follow this  
gufomel

My home league is switching to Superflex this year - HELP!

My home league (10 teams) has always drafted QBs early, even when only starting 1 QB. I’m firmly in the late-QB camp myself.

We’re switching to Superflex this year, and I genuinely expect that 12-15 QBs could be drafted in the first 2-3 rounds and 20-25 in the first 4-5 rounds. 

What would your strategy be in this case? Do you just grab up stud RBs/WRs in the first 4-5 rounds because that’s where the value is? Or do you have to grab your QBs like everyone else or otherwise be left with Mariota and Rosen remaining in Round 6?

If your draft goes the way you think it will, I’d grab RB’s in the first three rounds. Then in the fourth round, look at the QB landscape before proceeding.

I think in a superflex you should be prepared to grab your 1st QB in the first round based on what you are saying. I think you can wait on your 2nd but not for too long. 

Draft those elite QB's starting in Round 1 & 2 

Depends exactly on your draft position but I think you have to take a QB starting from like pick 6 in the first round. If you get an earlier pick then wait until round 2. Then, for your next QB, wait a bit while filling up on RBs and WRs and take a flier on someone with some upside like a Allen or Darnold (though sounds like in this league you may not get to wait that long for them). I think with Superflex leagues, a top QB is a requisite but you do not necessarily need to load up on average ones.

Help?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, gufomel said:

What would your strategy be in this case? 

Is this the league in your sig? So then it would be QB, 2WR, 2RB, 1 TE, 1 Superflex?

Then I think you need to grab at least one of the top-15 QBs, and a second, and probably a backup too. If you would have more flex positions, I would probably lean more to skipping the QB and grabbing RB/WR.

From what you say, I would probably want 1 QB in the first 2 rounds, and 2 in the first 4. It's annoying to run with the crowd, but I don't like the later QBs enough to justify drafting them around QB25.

22 hours ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

Be ready to reach for qbs my friend

YUP

I hate superflex but i have friends that play locally in them and qbs are gone after the first couple rounds

15 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

Is this the league in your sig? So then it would be QB, 2WR, 2RB, 1 TE, 1 Superflex?

Then I think you need to grab at least one of the top-15 QBs, and a second, and probably a backup too. If you would have more flex positions, I would probably lean more to skipping the QB and grabbing RB/WR.

From what you say, I would probably want 1 QB in the first 2 rounds, and 2 in the first 4. It's annoying to run with the crowd, but I don't like the later QBs enough to justify drafting them around QB25.

I almost exclusively post from my mobile now and can’t see my sig (or don’t know how to at least). I’m not sure which team is in my sig, but it would be an old one.

This league will be QB, 2RB, 2WR, Flex (RB/WR/TE), Superflex (QB/RB/WR/TE).

Sounds like the consensus is I’ve gotta grab QBs early. I hate going with the crowd because it makes it hard to gain value (draft strategy-wise) that way. But I really think I could be left with QBs 25-30 in Round 5 if I don’t take them early. 

4 minutes ago, gufomel said:

This league will be QB, 2RB, 2WR, Flex (RB/WR/TE), Superflex (QB/RB/WR/TE).

No TE straight?

32 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

No TE straight?

Sorry! Yes also a starting TE position

• Like 1