Mr. G

Need input on new league playoff idea

I created a ESPN Football league with a regular season of 17 weeks, no playoffs.  The catch here is I want to google doc a playoff competition involving the real life playoff games including the Super Bowl.  The teams who make our fantasy playoffs (maybe 6 of 12 teams for example) will accumulate points like the regular season and the best team will eventually win.  I'm not sure how I would handle the team lineups, maybe a playoff draft?  This is where I need some ideas and input.  Good idea or bad creating this league?  All suggestions and comments appreciated! 

Too fancy my friend, I don't think you could get everyone to buy into that, just do the regular season, and for those, do a separate elimination playoff league

4 hours ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

Too fancy my friend, I don't think you could get everyone to buy into that, just do the regular season, and for those, do a separate elimination playoff league

Thanks for the input Miami.  To be honest I think that's exactly what my plan was.  Regular season (17 weeks) then playoffs according to the NFL playoffs stats.  It seems like fantasy just dies after the regular season but I wanna play it all the way to Super Bowl Sunday.  Am I alone with this idea?  Can't figure out why more people don't agree with this idea.

2 hours ago, Mr. G said:

Thanks for the input Miami.  To be honest I think that's exactly what my plan was.  Regular season (17 weeks) then playoffs according to the NFL playoffs stats.  It seems like fantasy just dies after the regular season but I wanna play it all the way to Super Bowl Sunday.  Am I alone with this idea?  Can't figure out why more people don't agree with this idea.

I like ur idea of getting creative, it's just with a whole league, realistically, not everyone is going to bite.

just keep it simple

This is too much. I think some of the league will have fantasy fatigue by playoff time and do not see any idea on smoothly incorporating the NFL playoffs. A playoff draft sounds good in theory but really this is just starting a new season with a shrunk playoff pool. I think a decent playoff idea could be expanded lineups if your league settings allow for that (since bye weeks would be over). In general, I prefer standard but if you want creativity, I think there are other ways to go.

Help?

8 hours ago, Mr. G said:

I created a ESPN Football league with a regular season of 17 weeks, no playoffs.  The catch here is I want to google doc a playoff competition involving the real life playoff games including the Super Bowl.  The teams who make our fantasy playoffs (maybe 6 of 12 teams for example) will accumulate points like the regular season and the best team will eventually win.  I'm not sure how I would handle the team lineups, maybe a playoff draft?  This is where I need some ideas and input.  Good idea or bad creating this league?  All suggestions and comments appreciated! 

I personally don't get tired of Fantasy Football :) I remember last season somebody told about how they had playoffs during the "real" playoffs in a DFS style, but I forget the details. I think the discussion was in one of the threads created about the play-off games in January, so you could look there and contact the person who mentioned it.

I understand that the league is entirely new, and people would sign up for this? So then no worries about people getting fantasy-tired, you would have your specific audience. Just give it a try, if you're an active commish, more power to you.

14 minutes ago, mocha4313 said:

This is too much. I think some of the league will have fantasy fatigue by playoff time and do not see any idea on smoothly incorporating the NFL playoffs. A playoff draft sounds good in theory but really this is just starting a new season with a shrunk playoff pool. I think a decent playoff idea could be expanded lineups if your league settings allow for that (since bye weeks would be over). In general, I prefer standard but if you want creativity, I think there are other ways to go.

Help?

Yes helps alot Mocha, appreciate it and I'll consider all you mentioned, thanks.

8 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

I personally don't get tired of Fantasy Football :) I remember last season somebody told about how they had playoffs during the "real" playoffs in a DFS style, but I forget the details. I think the discussion was in one of the threads created about the play-off games in January, so you could look there and contact the person who mentioned it.

I understand that the league is entirely new, and people would sign up for this? So then no worries about people getting fantasy-tired, you would have your specific audience. Just give it a try, if you're an active commish, more power to you.

8 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

9 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

Yes it would be a new league, brand new.  Gonna look into all options to see if it will flow, thanks for the input!

44 minutes ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

I like ur idea of getting creative, it's just with a whole league, realistically, not everyone is going to bite.

just keep it simple

Will do, thanks Miami.

On 7/7/2019 at 1:58 PM, Mr. G said:

Why do you need to google doc a playoff competition. There are a bunch online.

I tried this one year, no one stayed interested.

1 hour ago, dmb3684 said:

Why do you need to google doc a playoff competition. There are a bunch online.

I tried this one year, no one stayed interested.

Appreciate the input dmb!  Just curious if you might have a link for one of those playoff pages.  I'm not too computer saby being an old fart lol.

14 hours ago, Mr. G said:

Appreciate the input dmb!  Just curious if you might have a link for one of those playoff pages.  I'm not too computer saby being an old fart lol.

None of them will be open right now. 

I have always used the CBS one. RTSports has one too. 

7 hours ago, dmb3684 said:

None of them will be open right now. 

I have always used the CBS one. RTSports has one too. 

I'll check those out, thanks again.