Mr. G

Need input on new league playoff idea

Recommended Posts

I created a ESPN Football league with a regular season of 17 weeks, no playoffs.  The catch here is I want to google doc a playoff competition involving the real life playoff games including the Super Bowl.  The teams who make our fantasy playoffs (maybe 6 of 12 teams for example) will accumulate points like the regular season and the best team will eventually win.  I'm not sure how I would handle the team lineups, maybe a playoff draft?  This is where I need some ideas and input.  Good idea or bad creating this league?  All suggestions and comments appreciated! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Too fancy my friend, I don't think you could get everyone to buy into that, just do the regular season, and for those, do a separate elimination playoff league

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

Too fancy my friend, I don't think you could get everyone to buy into that, just do the regular season, and for those, do a separate elimination playoff league

Thanks for the input Miami.  To be honest I think that's exactly what my plan was.  Regular season (17 weeks) then playoffs according to the NFL playoffs stats.  It seems like fantasy just dies after the regular season but I wanna play it all the way to Super Bowl Sunday.  Am I alone with this idea?  Can't figure out why more people don't agree with this idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mr. G said:

Thanks for the input Miami.  To be honest I think that's exactly what my plan was.  Regular season (17 weeks) then playoffs according to the NFL playoffs stats.  It seems like fantasy just dies after the regular season but I wanna play it all the way to Super Bowl Sunday.  Am I alone with this idea?  Can't figure out why more people don't agree with this idea.

I like ur idea of getting creative, it's just with a whole league, realistically, not everyone is going to bite.

 

just keep it simple

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is too much. I think some of the league will have fantasy fatigue by playoff time and do not see any idea on smoothly incorporating the NFL playoffs. A playoff draft sounds good in theory but really this is just starting a new season with a shrunk playoff pool. I think a decent playoff idea could be expanded lineups if your league settings allow for that (since bye weeks would be over). In general, I prefer standard but if you want creativity, I think there are other ways to go.

Help?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Mr. G said:

I created a ESPN Football league with a regular season of 17 weeks, no playoffs.  The catch here is I want to google doc a playoff competition involving the real life playoff games including the Super Bowl.  The teams who make our fantasy playoffs (maybe 6 of 12 teams for example) will accumulate points like the regular season and the best team will eventually win.  I'm not sure how I would handle the team lineups, maybe a playoff draft?  This is where I need some ideas and input.  Good idea or bad creating this league?  All suggestions and comments appreciated! 

I personally don't get tired of Fantasy Football :) I remember last season somebody told about how they had playoffs during the "real" playoffs in a DFS style, but I forget the details. I think the discussion was in one of the threads created about the play-off games in January, so you could look there and contact the person who mentioned it.

I understand that the league is entirely new, and people would sign up for this? So then no worries about people getting fantasy-tired, you would have your specific audience. Just give it a try, if you're an active commish, more power to you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, mocha4313 said:

This is too much. I think some of the league will have fantasy fatigue by playoff time and do not see any idea on smoothly incorporating the NFL playoffs. A playoff draft sounds good in theory but really this is just starting a new season with a shrunk playoff pool. I think a decent playoff idea could be expanded lineups if your league settings allow for that (since bye weeks would be over). In general, I prefer standard but if you want creativity, I think there are other ways to go.

Help?

 

Yes helps alot Mocha, appreciate it and I'll consider all you mentioned, thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

I personally don't get tired of Fantasy Football :) I remember last season somebody told about how they had playoffs during the "real" playoffs in a DFS style, but I forget the details. I think the discussion was in one of the threads created about the play-off games in January, so you could look there and contact the person who mentioned it.

I understand that the league is entirely new, and people would sign up for this? So then no worries about people getting fantasy-tired, you would have your specific audience. Just give it a try, if you're an active commish, more power to you.

8 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

I personally don't get tired of Fantasy Football :) I remember last season somebody told about how they had playoffs during the "real" playoffs in a DFS style, but I forget the details. I think the discussion was in one of the threads created about the play-off games in January, so you could look there and contact the person who mentioned it.

I understand that the league is entirely new, and people would sign up for this? So then no worries about people getting fantasy-tired, you would have your specific audience. Just give it a try, if you're an active commish, more power to you.

9 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

I personally don't get tired of Fantasy Football :) I remember last season somebody told about how they had playoffs during the "real" playoffs in a DFS style, but I forget the details. I think the discussion was in one of the threads created about the play-off games in January, so you could look there and contact the person who mentioned it.

I understand that the league is entirely new, and people would sign up for this? So then no worries about people getting fantasy-tired, you would have your specific audience. Just give it a try, if you're an active commish, more power to you.

Yes it would be a new league, brand new.  Gonna look into all options to see if it will flow, thanks for the input!

44 minutes ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

I like ur idea of getting creative, it's just with a whole league, realistically, not everyone is going to bite.

 

just keep it simple

Will do, thanks Miami.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/7/2019 at 1:58 PM, Mr. G said:

I created a ESPN Football league with a regular season of 17 weeks, no playoffs.  The catch here is I want to google doc a playoff competition involving the real life playoff games including the Super Bowl.  The teams who make our fantasy playoffs (maybe 6 of 12 teams for example) will accumulate points like the regular season and the best team will eventually win.  I'm not sure how I would handle the team lineups, maybe a playoff draft?  This is where I need some ideas and input.  Good idea or bad creating this league?  All suggestions and comments appreciated! 

 

Why do you need to google doc a playoff competition. There are a bunch online.

 

 

I tried this one year, no one stayed interested.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dmb3684 said:

 

Why do you need to google doc a playoff competition. There are a bunch online.

 

 

I tried this one year, no one stayed interested.

Appreciate the input dmb!  Just curious if you might have a link for one of those playoff pages.  I'm not too computer saby being an old fart lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Mr. G said:

Appreciate the input dmb!  Just curious if you might have a link for one of those playoff pages.  I'm not too computer saby being an old fart lol.

 

None of them will be open right now. 

 

I have always used the CBS one. RTSports has one too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, dmb3684 said:

 

None of them will be open right now. 

 

I have always used the CBS one. RTSports has one too. 

I'll check those out, thanks again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...