Sign in to follow this  
mocha4313

Rate my practice mock draft? WHIR Always

This year will be the startup draft and opening year of my first ever dynasty league and I tried to get some practice with this mock

LEAGUE SETTINGS: 8 Team Non PPR

1 QB, 3 RB, 3 WR, 3 FLEX, 1 TE, 1 TEAM D, 1 K, 19 BENCH SPOTS=32 MAN ROSTER

I just wanted to get some thoughts on how I did in this startup dynasty mock (same settings as main planned league which has not drafted yet) in the hopes of correcting any mistakes and learning some strategy since I have never played dynasty. I had the third draft position

Starting Lineup (draft position in parentheses)

QB: Mahomes (4.03)

RB1: David Johnson (2.06)

RB2: Marlon Mack (6.06)

RB3: David Montgomery (8.06)

WR1: DeAndre Hopkins (1.03)

WR2: TY Hilton (5.03)

WR3: Chris Godwin (7.03)

FLEX1: Rashaad Penny (9.03)

FLEX2: Miles Sanders (10.06)

FLEX: Sterling Shepherd (11.03)

D/ST: Buffalo (30.06)

K: Justin Tucker (31.03)

Bench

QB: Dak Prescott (19.03), Sam Darnold (29.03)

RB: Latavius Murray (15.03), Ito Smith (16.06), Nyhiem Hines (17.03), Kalen Bellage (20.06), Chase Edmonds (23.03), Bryce Love (24.06), Tony Pollard (26.06)

WR: Curtis Samuel (13.03), Parris Campbell (14.06), Hakeem Butler (18.06), Antonio Callaway (21.03), John Ross (22.06), Adam Humphries (25.03), Riley Ridley (27.03), Terry McLaurin (28.06)

TE: TJ Hockenson (12.06), Jace Sternberger (32.06)

I guess, as someone who does not have much of a clue on playing dynasty, I want to get some thoughts on this team, but less on individual players (though that is appreciated as well) but more on strategy (or critique of strategy that I may have used). 

Thoughts? Drop a link on yours and WHIR 100%

1 hour ago, mocha4313 said:

Thoughts?

What happened to your 3rd round? :) Let me guess: TE Kelce or Ertz.

I see a lot of good bench value, I like it. I'm not a huge fan of your first string RBs, but that's a matter of taste. All in all, I think you mock-drafted a balanced team.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Boudewijn said:

What happened to your 3rd round? :) Let me guess: TE Kelce or Ertz.

I see a lot of good bench value, I like it. I'm not a huge fan of your first string RBs, but that's a matter of taste. All in all, I think you mock-drafted a balanced team.

Yep, I forgot haha. Kelce was my third round pick

• Like 1

Looks good try to draft that same way next month when the real FFB draft starts. 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Thanks for the help in mine. Why did you go receiver with the 3rd overall pick in Non-PPR?

Edited by timexsocialclub
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, timexsocialclub said:

Thanks for the help in mine. Why did you go receiver with the 3rd overall pick in Non-PPR?

I had heard a lot about how WRs>RBs in dynasty because of shelf life. Based on that, I saw Hopkins as the number 2 player behind only Saquon. I am not at all 100% set on this, but it was what I had heard on startup strategy. In this non-PPR format would you still take the top RBs (Barkley, Zeke, Mccaffrey, Kamara) as your top 4 picks?

1 hour ago, mocha4313 said:

I had heard a lot about how WRs>RBs in dynasty because of shelf life. Based on that, I saw Hopkins as the number 2 player behind only Saquon. I am not at all 100% set on this, but it was what I had heard on startup strategy. In this non-PPR format would you still take the top RBs (Barkley, Zeke, Mccaffrey, Kamara) as your top 4 picks?

Absolutely. I take those backs first in redraft/dynasty whatever. They will be studs for years but more to the point, they will definitely be studs this year and you play to win this and every year. Win now.

• Thanks 1

You did well. Well enough that it prob will be tough to recreate in a real draft. I woulda passed on Mahomes in the 4th and taken another WR or RB. No need to take a QB so early in a 1 QB league. Other than that...find a nice mix of rookies and vets. Make bold trades, even if the majority says no. Don't trust anyone over 30. Cheers.

• Thanks 1

Looks good, only thing I would do different is draft another stud RB or WR in the 3rd instead of Kelce.  

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I think you did very well, especially for first time participating. Solid all around roster with age on its side. 

Edited by Griffin6687
  • Like 1