Sign in to follow this  
Kaboom

New Orleans Pelicans 2019-2020 Season Outlook

So how about them Pels @RedDogNamedClippers?

Will Lonzo have a breakout year? Ingram?

Jrue Holiday is 29 years old and solidly in his prime. He'll make for an excellent early round target.

Hello? Is this thing on? 💤💤

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

It might be more people on this Pelicans fantasy thread than their home attendance.

• Haha 2

I'm not a fan of Zion. For other Pelicans, a lot of question marks. Ingram status is unknown. Ball's shooting is unknown. Holiday might request a trade. Their forwards, Ingram/Zion/Favors/Okafor, lack outside shooting. With so many teams obviously better in the West, hard to see them in the playoffs.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, littlesamtung said:

I'm not a fan of Zion. For other Pelicans, a lot of question marks. Ingram status is unknown. Ball's shooting is unknown. Holiday might request a trade. Their forwards, Ingram/Zion/Favors/Okafor, lack outside shooting. With so many teams obviously better in the West, hard to see them in the playoffs.

They will be a fun team to watch but they have too many young guys with question marks to make the playoffs. Talented for sure, but too young. Now if everything comes together in a year or two, which is their hope, watch out.

• Like 1

I feel Pelicans have a sneaky chance to get in. They have young guys with veterans (Jrue & Emeka). Ingram has grown, (remember there was a time that people thought Ingram was better than Kuzma), but at the same time thought Ingram was a poor man’s Durant. So if you look at the Pelicans, they have jrue a holiday? Josh Hart which is a decent shooter, a poor man Durant, Zion (the next lebron) and whoever their center is, along with Lonzo Ball who is a great defender “supposedly”.

14 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

I feel Pelicans have a sneaky chance to get in. They have young guys with veterans (Jrue & Emeka). Ingram has grown, (remember there was a time that people thought Ingram was better than Kuzma), but at the same time thought Ingram was a poor man’s Durant. So if you look at the Pelicans, they have jrue a holiday? Josh Hart which is a decent shooter, a poor man Durant, Zion (the next lebron) and whoever their center is, along with Lonzo Ball who is a great defender “supposedly”.

I think they'll be a good team right away, obviously with plenty of potential down the road. I think they have a pretty slim chance of making playoffs though. The West looks really good this season. I bet they'd make it in the East as soon as this year though.

I think that there´s no chance they make the playoffs, west is too stacked, if they were in the east, no problem, but I don´t see them being better than Mavericks or Thunder and I don´t see these teams making playoffs.

• Like 1

In fantasy roto i def will target Jrue, but will avoid most of the others from NOLA. Even if Jrue gets traded somewhere, he can produce. In 10 teams leagues i think he will not fall after number 25. For these who pick in 1-5 range in snake draft, he will be good late second or early third round pick, especially for team, which has some 3s machine like Harden or Curry in the 1st round.

Zion will be gone too early, by fan purposes, for the expected production; Lonzo is potential FG% and FT% killer and injury risk, but will give good amount of ats and stls; Ingram is high risk - high reward player, but i see him gone too early. Favors will be very useful, especially in 12+ leagues for his FG%, rebs (i expect at least 8+) and some blks, but depends on his availability in the late rounds (if the team missed on bigs in the first 2-3 rounds, he is worth slight reach). Hart looks untrustable in that deep rotation with young players barring some injury.

1 hour ago, montanski said:

In fantasy roto i def will target Jrue, but will avoid most of the others from NOLA. Even if Jrue gets traded somewhere, he can produce. In 10 teams leagues i think he will not fall after number 25. For these who pick in 1-5 range in snake draft, he will be good late second or early third round pick, especially for team, which has some 3s machine like Harden or Curry in the 1st round.

Zion will be gone too early, by fan purposes, for the expected production; Lonzo is potential FG% and FT% killer and injury risk, but will give good amount of ats and stls; Ingram is high risk - high reward player, but i see him gone too early. Favors will be very useful, especially in 12+ leagues for his FG%, rebs (i expect at least 8+) and some blks, but depends on his availability in the late rounds (if the team missed on bigs in the first 2-3 rounds, he is worth slight reach). Hart looks untrustable in that deep rotation with young players barring some injury.

I like Hart contribution for 3’s. Remember last season on the Lakers people were clamoring for Hart to start over KCP. I don’t know how productive Lonzo and Holiday will both be as starting guards, but if Lonzo shooting woes continue, I can see Hart getting extra minutes. Ingram in a new system will be favorable.

21 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

I like Hart contribution for 3’s. Remember last season on the Lakers people were clamoring for Hart to start over KCP. I don’t know how productive Lonzo and Holiday will both be as starting guards, but if Lonzo shooting woes continue, I can see Hart getting extra minutes. Ingram in a new system will be favorable.

I picked Hart in one moment last year, he can give 3s and stls, and waited to be unleashed, and waited, and waited, and finally dropped. When the rotation is around 9-10 guys, he struggles and is inconsistent. Big IF for him and some injuries in NOLA. In 10 team, I will stay away from him in the latest rounds - prefer to look for some young gun with oportunity like LeVert (picked him in the 11th rd).

The only concern that i have with BI is his fit next to Zion. I am ready to accept his FT%, because expect higher def. stats and asts, but will wait for the camp to examine his draft position. If he is enough motivated to prove Lakers wrong for trading him, maybe he can crack 20+ PPG, because he, Zion and Jrue will be the scorers for the starters (with JJ Redick for the bench.

By the way, what do you think for JJ Redick`s season in fantasy? The team lacks shooters, but that crowded rotation scares me.

Well NAW looks amazing and it seems like he could crack the rotation and push for minutes this year...at first I thought, but where?  

Hypothetically 54-60 available minutes between spots 1-3.  They could also go small ball with Ingram at the 4, opening a few more minutes per game.  

Lonzo (20 backup minutes)

Jrue  (12 backup minutes)

Ingram (20 backup minutes)

I'd say Kenrich get 20 minutes for sure as energy off the bench

Of these players it seems like NAW has the best playmaking and facilitating capabilities and could earn about 20 minutes / game initially.  

Hart (catch and shoot)

Jackson (just a scorer)

Etwaun (catch and shoot)

NAW (playmaker)

1 hour ago, hipriest69 said:

Well NAW looks amazing and it seems like he could crack the rotation and push for minutes this year...at first I thought, but where?  

Hypothetically 54-60 available minutes between spots 1-3.  They could also go small ball with Ingram at the 4, opening a few more minutes per game.  

Lonzo (20 backup minutes) 

Jrue  (12 backup minutes)

Ingram (20 backup minutes) 

I'd say Kenrich get 20 minutes for sure as energy off the bench

Of these players it seems like NAW has the best playmaking and facilitating capabilities and could earn about 20 minutes / game initially.  

Hart (catch and shoot)

Jackson (just a scorer) 

Etwaun (catch and shoot) 

NAW (playmaker) 

You forgot JJ

• Confused 1

Here is the Western Conference pecking order IMO

Clippers

Lakers 

Jazz 

Rockets

Nuggets

Warriors 

TrailBlazers

Spurs

After those Top 5 teams in Bold, in the words of Kevin Garnett ANYTHING IS POSSIBAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!

I think the Minnesota TimberWolves has the best chance to crash the party followed by the Kings and Pelicans.

I like the Dallas Mavericks foundation of Porzingas and Luca but the rest of their team isn't playoff worthy IMO. 

I won't be shocked if we make the playoffs but we're gonna have to get off to a Hot start if that's gonna become a reality. 

• Like 1

On 7/9/2019 at 11:45 PM, Cdub2k said:

Here is the Western Conference pecking order IMO

Clippers

Lakers 

Jazz 

Rockets

Nuggets

Warriors 

TrailBlazers

Spurs

After those Top 5 teams in Bold, in the words of Kevin Garnett ANYTHING IS POSSIBAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!

I think the Minnesota TimberWolves has the best chance to crash the party followed by the Kings and Pelicans.

I like the Dallas Mavericks foundation of Porzingas and Luca but the rest of their team isn't playoff worthy IMO. 

I won't be shocked if we make the playoffs but we're gonna have to get off to a Hot start if that's gonna become a reality. 

Not including the Warriors in your bold is blasphemous. Curry is that good don't get it twisted.

• Like 1

Jrue, Favors (despite phisical concerns) and Zion must-pick players
I'im intrigued by Jaxson Hayes, he can produce in limited minutes
Stay away from the other members of this team

Hayes is probably a year or 2 away from fantasy relevance.  NAW could be in the rotation this year and eventually supplant Lonzo or Ingram down the road.  

• Like 1