Sign in to follow this  
ocelot777

Gurley or M. Thomas

Well I'm in a different kind of league. All TD league with one protected player a year..I have been riding Gurley but as we all know knee concerns..I am still leaning towards Gurley as I still think his TD Production will be half way decent. Of course there's the fear he wont last. I feel hes a boom or bust guy. With Thomas, hes solid but I just don't see huge TD numbers. 8 to 10 is respectable but u can nab a guy a bit later that can nail those numbers. Safe pick. So just wondering what peoples thoughts are. Safe or take a risk....

Even a hobbled Gurley should put up more TDs than Thomas, but what if he breaks down just before your play-offs? That's not a worry you'll have with Thomas.

I would chose Thomas because I think you have a much better chance of Gurley being available for you to draft. Then you will have both of them. Lots of people are scared off from Gurley so he’s dropping. 

• Like 1

Thomas his knee doesn't have arthritis, can't say the same about Gurley..... Plus his coach said Todd's days as a #1 RB are over. Their going into a RBBC now with that rookie RB they drafted this year. 

23 minutes ago, Rush2112 said:

Plus his coach said Todd's days as a #1 RB are over.

Quote please. Everyone else has said it, but McVay never says such definite things.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Boudewijn said:

Quote please. Everyone else has said it, but McVay never says such definite things.

Me : "Thanks for sitting down with me today Sean.

McVay : "Sure, anytime"

Me: "Sean, let's cut to the chase.  What's going on with Gurley's knee?"

McVay : "Off the record?"

Me: "Ok...off the record."

McVay : "Let's just say his days as a workhorse number one running back are over."

Me : "Psyche!   Nothing's off the record!   I'm gonna tell Rotoworld."

McVay : "Ha...damn you."

• Haha 2

Thanks for the input guys. Figured most would suggest Thomas. Just very hard to let Gurley go...got a few hours more to think about it...Just hate to see something good come out before our draft in August and hes way out of my ability to get back....

1 hour ago, ocelot777 said:

Thanks for the input guys. Figured most would suggest Thomas. Just very hard to let Gurley go...got a few hours more to think about it...Just hate to see something good come out before our draft in August and hes way out of my ability to get back....

I know I had read somewhere before that the Rams were not planning on playing Gurley during the preseason so my guess is not much will change come draft time. 

2 hours ago, GreatScott! said:

I know I had read somewhere before that the Rams were not planning on playing Gurley during the preseason so my guess is not much will change come draft time. 

Correct, it was also mentioned in the Gurley thread.

https://theramswire.usatoday.com/2019/05/31/nfl-rams-todd-gurley-starters-preseason/amp/

We got even more confirmation of that Friday, when general manager Les Snead appeared on an episode of ESPN’s The Sedano Show. Specifically, Snead talked about Todd Gurley and the steps the team is taking to preserve him for the regular season.

“We’re not going to run him at all during OTAs,” Snead said. “We’re definitely not keeping score in May so we’re doing things to continue getting his knee and the quads and all the things around him in the best possible shape and as fresh as possible so when we do go to Carolina – because I doubt we see Todd in the preseason, along with a lot of our starters.”