ThreadKiller

Robby Anderson 2019 Outlook

4 hours ago, dudewithabadcat said:

I'm not buying this.  Buffalo's defense is legit.  I think Darnold did what he could as best as he could have done it.  No INT, No fumbles.  Hell, even Tom Brady has days like this.  Darnold did a great job not falling apart against a strong defense like Mr. Baker Mayfield did.  Darnold will get his.  When he gets his....there is going to be a lot of targets in the direction of Robby.  I wouldn't give up just yet. 

That Buffalo defense was putting a lot of pressure on Darnold forcing him to get rid of the ball quickly which is why Jamison Crowder got so many receptions.

Sam under threw a ball late in the game where Robby blew by his guy and had to slow down and the CB ran into him as the ball was getting there.

Robby's speed is legit and he will have some big games.  I just don't expect consistency with this young combo early on.   Buffalo's defense looked really good.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Dawgpound1985 said:

Darnold more accurate he would of had a very nice game. He was one for tds at least twice. 

18 hours ago, Brooklyn Dude said:

That Buffalo defense was putting a lot of pressure on Darnold forcing him to get rid of the ball quickly which is why Jamison Crowder got so many receptions.

Sam under threw a ball late in the game where Robby blew by his guy and had to slow down and the CB ran into him as the ball was getting there.

Robby's speed is legit and he will have some big games.  I just don't expect consistency with this young combo early on.   Buffalo's defense looked really good.

Robby Anderson was called out by Gase to the media after the game.  The trade for DT could be due to an injury to Enunwa, but it also could be about Anderson's performance.

Here is a link:

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/ny-adam-gase-dolphins-buffalo-bills-press-conference-20190910-qcjowe3f4vf2dncb4rxidmlouy-story.html

His wide receivers: Must run crisper routes. He claimed that one unnamed player (Robby Anderson) even screwed him by not finishing a route after a Bills cornerback slipped.

I didn't catch Anderson pulling up on a route, but I did rewatch part of the game today and was unimpressed with how Anderson lost battles for some of those deep catches.

How do we feel about robby moving forward with the addition of Thomas, im not worried about his ability hes a bit washed up BUT this is his old coach... we just saw it with lesean mccoy, players and old coaches are a real thing ...i could see Gase using thomas to light a fire under Robbys a**, it could be a good thing or bad but im leaning towards  bad. 

1 minute ago, bearcatcheech said:

How do we feel about robby moving forward with the addition of Thomas, im not worried about his ability hes a bit washed up BUT this is his old coach... we just saw it with lesean mccoy, players and old coaches are a real thing ...i could see Gase using thomas to light a fire under Robbys a**, it could be a good thing or bad but im leaning towards  bad. 

Leaning slightly to the positive. DT is known for being a good locker room guy and his veteran knowledge could prove to be a solid mentor. 

1 minute ago, goldpants77 said:

Leaning slightly to the positive. DT is known for being a good locker room guy and his veteran knowledge could prove to be a solid mentor. 

Maybe he could teach Robby to fight for a deep ball, finish a route, and deal with a traffic stop without getting arrested.

Disclaimer: I'm a slightly jaded Jets fan.

Edited by Iron-cock
  • Haha 4

7 hours ago, Mrmann1 said:

Jets trade for Demarcus Thomas. Freakin awesome. 😑

Demarius*

Edited by Mrmann1
Spelling

13 minutes ago, Mrmann1 said:

Demarius*

Demaryius 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

The good news is Thomas won't do anything for the jets. The bad news is Anderson is just a boom or bust guy I'm a jets fan but playing Robbie in fantasy this week. When he goes off against me sell him 

I'm not worried about DT stealing targets. Anderson does something no other Jets WR can which is make plays down the field. Sadly, he has a QB terrified of throwing more than 5 yards deep and a coach apparently happy to let him dink and dunk all day. 

Right now best case scenario for Robby is that he has one of those early DeSean Jackson seasons where he has a few big games and the final stats looks good but you're never comfortable starting him.

16 hours ago, Iron-cock said:

His wide receivers: Must run crisper routes. He claimed that one unnamed player (Robby Anderson) even screwed him by not finishing a route after a Bills cornerback slipped.

I'm not sure how Robby was supposed to finish his route when Sam Darnold could not reach him on that particular throw towards the end of the game.

I noticed the head coach didn't have any harsh words for his QB whose play was not good.  I would imagine Adam Gase is smart enough to know his tenure as head coach with the Jets will be graded on how much Sam improves or not.  So I'm guessing Gase will throw anybody else under the bus.

I'm not impressed with Gase so far.  That was a winnable game on Sunday.

I can't imagine the Pats would trade D Thomas within the division unless they believed he has nothing left. Players are never the same after an achilles tear, and that with as many miles as he has on him, I doubt he'll be doing enough to be relevant for the Jets.

Edited by Resident A-hole

Watched most of that game- Anderson was open multiple times.  Darnold underthrew him at least twice on long ones, and the DB's caught up.     Also, a combo of Tre White and strong pressure by the defense held Anderson in check. 

I'm not a superfan of Anderson's, and its not good if he's getting called out here, but come on, he's still the best receiver they have and the only guy who's even above league average on offense besides Bell.   

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BrianM said:

Watched most of that game- Anderson was open multiple times.  Darnold underthrew him at least twice on long ones, and the DB's caught up.     Also, a combo of Tre White and strong pressure by the defense held Anderson in check. 

I'm not a superfan of Anderson's, and its not good if he's getting called out here, but come on, he's still the best receiver they have and the only guy who's even above league average on offense besides Bell.   

Crowder is a very good receiver. Not ssaying he affects Robby's value, because he has a different skill-set. But to say Robby is the only good WR they have is incorrect.

Edited by SuperSurgeMC
  • Like 2

If not mentioned yet, looks like Enunwa confirmed done for the season. I'm thinking this works for Robby.

12 minutes ago, SuperSurgeMC said:

Crowder is a very good receiver. Not ssaying he affects Robby's value, because he has a different skill-set. But to say Robby is the only good WR they have is incorrect.

Dangit, i keep forgetting they have Crowder.     However that leads to another point- McDermott's game plan very much centers around taking away bigger pass plays and forcing short throws while tackling well.   That game plan only naturally will hamstring Anderson a bit and lead to more passes to a Crowder.  If a team rushes the passer effectively, as was the case here, Crowder's the safety valve too.   

Didn't hear about Enunwa getting hurt.   I feel like he wasn't gonna do much with Crowder coming in.    

How do we feel about Anderson going up against the Browns, who are going to try to come back and make a statement after their embarrassing week 1 loss?

Anderson played well against White, who is another great corner. This week he gets Greedy or Ward. Does Ward shadow?

1 minute ago, mvttchew said:

How do we feel about Anderson going up against the Browns, who are going to try to come back and make a statement after their embarrassing week 1 loss?

Anderson played well against White, who is another great corner. This week he gets Greedy or Ward. Does Ward shadow?

All depends upon Darnold and how he deals with the pass rush. I feel like he's going to be getting it to Bell and Crowder time and time again, but the Browns also like to give up a big play. Classic boom or bust game.

On 9/9/2019 at 10:04 PM, Brooklyn Dude said:

I think this is just a tendency both with Gase's offense and Darnold in general. 

20 hours ago, Iron-cock said:

Robby Anderson was called out by Gase to the media after the game.  The trade for DT could be due to an injury to Enunwa, but it also could be about Anderson's performance.

Here is a link:

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/ny-adam-gase-dolphins-buffalo-bills-press-conference-20190910-qcjowe3f4vf2dncb4rxidmlouy-story.html

I didn't catch Anderson pulling up on a route, but I did rewatch part of the game today and was unimpressed with how Anderson lost battles for some of those deep catches.

3 hours ago, Brooklyn Dude said:

I'm not sure how Robby was supposed to finish his route when Sam Darnold could not reach him on that particular throw towards the end of the game.

I don't think that was the play Gase was talking about.  I'm not sure Gase was even talking about Anderson...Manish Mehta inferred that he was.

On the last play before the 2 minute warning, Darnold couldn't really step into the throw.  Still, the ball is thrown from the Jets 26 to the other teams 34.  It's a pretty good throw.  Anderson stops and fields it like a fair catch.  Robby Anderson has to jump and high point balls like that.  It was a similar issue on the throw in the second quarter at 10:26.

What's the consensus on him this week, are we starting or fading him. I will say I'm not too comfortable with him right now, currently he is on my bench. Darnold's play is not doing him any favors. 

Edited by RunCMC

53 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

What's the consensus on him this week, are we starting or fading him. I will say I'm not too comfortable with him right now, currently he is on my bench. Darnold's play is not doing him any favors. 

Darnold is fine.  Going back and watching him a bit, maybe his calf injury is still bugging him a bit?

He had 7 targets, and the reality is if he came down with two more of them he'd have been over 100 yards and have at least 1 TD.

• Like 1