ThreadKiller

Robby Anderson 2019 Outlook

3 minutes ago, Pigskingpin said:

That's a bit of an overreaction, it's only been 1 week. He's gonna be fine.

I regretted it before week one haha I just hated his game log last year. He has too many duds and when he does well he’s probably out of your line up. Never owned him before so I could be wrong but that’s going to be my guess of how this year goes based on his game log last year.

Edited by hangin n wangin

4 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

I regretted it before week one haha I just hated his game log last year. He has too many duds and when he does well he’s probably out of your line up. Never owned him before so I could be wrong but that’s going to be my guess of how this year goes based on his game log last year.

He's basically Desean Jackson. But even less consistent.

So Darnold out this week means we keep him on the bench. Does anyone know anything about this guy Luke Falk?

1 minute ago, dorwell said:

So Darnold out this week means we keep him on the bench. Does anyone know anything about this guy Luke Falk?

Trevor Siemian is starting at qb

• Like 1

12 hours ago, hangin n wangin said:

He had a nice stretch towards the end of the year. Thought it was finally coming together between him and Darnold. That's yet to be determined but having Crowder now and Darnold getting tunnel vision for him certainly takes away the luster. 

Just now, tim14125 said:

Trevor Siemian is starting at qb

Last notification i got was luke falk is.

2 minutes ago, CKM said:

Last notification i got was luke falk is.

ESPN said Trev. I didn't know he was still in the league til just now.

12 minutes ago, tim14125 said:

ESPN said Trev. I didn't know he was still in the league til just now.

You're right. i read that notification as Falk being the backup but meant backup for Monday night

Have a lots of stock in Robby, but Darnold missing time and looking at catching passes from Siemian/Falk is enough for me to pull the plug in all 12 team leagues and any sort of PPR format. I just dropped Robby in a 16 team 0.5-PRR league.

You can't start him this week with a new backup QB. Week 3 they face the Patriots and elite CB Gilmore will shadow Robby, possibly still without Darnold. Week 4 Jets have bye.

I don't want to wait this long to get something out of him, especially since potential league winners usually emerge in the first 4 weeks. Maybe I'd have kept him in some cases if he had a more promising week 1. I will look to pick him up at a later stage if things go in a positive direction. For now I'm off though. See ya later Robby!

• Like 1

This is looking like my worst pick of the draft lol , I even winced when I picked up Robby. I was hoping this was the year he turned into more of a complete Wide receiver instead of just a vertical threat. That might still happen , but prolly a few weeks from now after Darnold comes back and this week 4 bye. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, frog34 said:

Have a lots of stock in Robby, but Darnold missing time and looking at catching passes from Siemian/Falk is enough for me to pull the plug in all 12 team leagues and any sort of PPR format. I just dropped Robby in a 16 team 0.5-PRR league.

You can't start him this week with a new backup QB. Week 3 they face the Patriots and elite CB Gilmore will shadow Robby, possibly still without Darnold. Week 4 Jets have bye.

I don't want to wait this long to get something out of him, especially since potential league winners usually emerge in the first 4 weeks. Maybe I'd have kept him in some cases if he had a more promising week 1. I will look to pick him up at a later stage if things go in a positive direction. For now I'm off though. See ya later Robby!

Me too.  I dropped Robbie in two different leagues (8 and 10 team), even before Darnold's news came out.  In shallow leagues (and shallow benches), there too many others to consider to wait now.

3 hours ago, frog34 said:

I dunno man, I can see it in an 8- or 10-teamer, but a 16-teamer? You definitely can't start him this week (and I didn't last week either) but presumably they'll do some work with Siemian or whoever in the off week and then he's fresh and ready to go ROS. He's still a good WR. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, tim14125 said:

He's basically Desean Jackson. But even less consistent.

I took him over DeSean. Whoops!

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

Why da fuq did I draft this bozo?

my guess is that you either picked him up off waivers last year and he went off.

or you happened to be playing him one of those weeks

But really, he looked to have a connection with Darnold at the end and the thoughts were that Darnold would improve. 

Can't predict the injury and Sam's mono.

Edited by K197040

8 minutes ago, K197040 said:

my guess is that you either picked him up off waivers last year and he went off.

or you happened to be playing him one of those weeks

But really, he looked to have a connection with Darnold at the end and the thoughts were that Darnold would improve. 

Can't predict the injury and Sam's mono.

Never owned him. Nothing against him. Can't recall him ever doing anything terrible when I've played against him. I just think I made a huge mistake drafting him. Like i said before in this thread, I regretted it the moment I drafted him. I hope I'm wrong.

Edited by hangin n wangin
  • Like 1

I thought Robby was pretty close to a very good fantasy day vs Bills, but the Darnold situation makes this a steer clear until he gets back

I invested in Robby after I read he was improving his route running with shorter intermediate routes allowing him to be more versatile.

I'm cutting him lose in a Half PPR, 12 team, 3 WR league for a breakout candidate ahead of the games. 

Pretty solid performance given the circumstances.  I think he's worth the hold, particularly with the early bye and Darnold hopefully returning after.

6 minutes ago, cothane said:

Pretty solid performance given the circumstances.  I think he's worth the hold, particularly with the early bye and Darnold hopefully returning after.

Yep. Has been such a hard player to own thus far. After drafting him as my WR2, he's been on my bench BOTH weeks and I he's a definitely a sit this week @ NE. 

See you in week 5, Robby.

He did this last year and finished strong.   I do absolutely regret drafting him but at least it was only once, and honestly, gotta hold.   Not like he's tradeable.  

Dropped Anderson this week and glad to have the roster killer off my team. He's just one of those players that's probably too good to drop but you'll never feel comfortable starting him and has no trade value. I think you're better off using that roster spot on a lottery tickets like Alex Mattison or Jaylen Samuels.