hard1

Tony Pollard 2019 Outlook

5 hours ago, Skip23 said:

Is he worth owning as a Zeke owner in 12 team league? I don’t know if he would be a RB1 or RB2 if starting due to injury

100%. I'd expect 80% of Zeke's production, which would still make him a high-end RB2. 

18 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

100%. I'd expect 80% of Zeke's production, which would still make him a high-end RB2. 

Zeke is giving 80 % production right now. Pollard looked terrible week 1 with 13 carries

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, BGDDYKWL said:

I’m in the same boat. Pollard just dropped in my league. Really torn as of risk/reward.

I'm at the point where I can't just wait around on injuries and handcuffs. If you're in a shallow league and your starters are stacked, it's much more realistic to just stock up on handcuffs and wait it out. I dropped Pollard this week. If Elliott never gets hurt, he's just going to clog a roster spot all year.

10 hours ago, Dr. Whom said:

Zeke is giving 80 % production right now. Pollard looked terrible week 1 with 13 carries

I'm not high on Pollard by any means, it's strictly volume that makes him attractive. Particularly in an offense that is far more explosive than most expected. A JAG getting 3-down work in that offense is still a solid RB2. 

16 hours ago, Padilla814 said:

I think he has some value as a Flex this week due to a big lead.

came here to say the same thing.  think both him and drake could be sneaky flex plays.

that is of course if you're out of other options.  still could be value there.

128/TD if for some reason he was dropped in your league, grab him. Potential league winner if something happens to Zeke.

4 minutes ago, mjb said:

128/TD if for some reason he was dropped in your league, grab him. Potential league winner if something happens to Zeke.

Don't you put that evil on Zeke, Ricky Bobby

39 minutes ago, mjb said:

Chill...it was a home game against the Dolphins 🤣

Edited by Dexter75

4 hours ago, Dexter75 said:

Chill...it was a home game against the Dolphins 🤣

True, can't read too much into the numbers given the opponent. BUT it's pretty clear now that Pollard would be a high floor high upside RB2 should Zeke go down. Maybe even sneak into RB1 territory. All things considered, Pollard might be the clearest and highest upside handcuff among all of them.

I know Zeke has never missed a game to injury, but all it takes is one hit or a false step... 😬

Sure, he's a high quality handcuff.  But as somebody who just lost Barkley, I need somebody that I might be able to start.

It looks like Pollard was sprinkled into the game starting at the Cowboys third series, but obviously most of his run came in the 4th quarter in mop up duty.

Zeke has never been injured.  If Pollard is only going to get a carry or two here or there to spell Zeke and only will get PT if it's a blowout, he's a very risky start.

On 9/24/2019 at 8:44 AM, CooL said:

Sure, he's a high quality handcuff.  But as somebody who just lost Barkley, I need somebody that I might be able to start.

It looks like Pollard was sprinkled into the game starting at the Cowboys third series, but obviously most of his run came in the 4th quarter in mop up duty.

Zeke has never been injured.  If Pollard is only going to get a carry or two here or there to spell Zeke and only will get PT if it's a blowout, he's a very risky start.

I'm in the same boat, and went with Mattison over Pollard.  Partially due to Cook's injury history, partially due to the fact that they seem to give Mattison more carries in general (other than blow outs).  With the luck I'm having this year Zeke will go down this week! 

1 hour ago, oban14 said:

I'm in the same boat, and went with Mattison over Pollard.  Partially due to Cook's injury history, partially due to the fact that they seem to give Mattison more carries in general (other than blow outs).  With the luck I'm having this year Zeke will go down this week! 

On behalf of all Zeke owners...

spacer.png

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

The most important cuff in FF.  I got him for free and will try to hold as long as I can.  Although Zeke has been healthy pretty much his whole career and never had a serious injury it will most likely take an off field issue to make this scenario materialize for pollard.  

7 minutes ago, dlionsfan901 said:

The most important cuff in FF.  I got him for free and will try to hold as long as I can.  Although Zeke has been healthy pretty much his whole career and never had a serious injury it will most likely take an off field issue to make this scenario materialize for pollard.  

Zeke also plays the most violent position in football. He has been healthy so far in his career, but it only takes one fluky tackle to make Pollard a league winner. Worth the roster spot, regardless if you own Zeke imo. 

anyone starting him this week against the packers defense? Might wanna put this lotto ticket to play...

1 minute ago, gadio171 said:

anyone starting him this week against the packers defense? Might wanna put this lotto ticket to play...

I don't see how you can start a guy who had 0 touches last week. You figure he has to get a few this week but I don't think he's startable.