Flyman75

Trade involving Kamara and Michel

12-team keeper league, 1/2 PPR, keep 3. Keepers have rounds attached plus one for each year they're kept. Once a player has been kept as a 1st rd keeper, he must go back into the draft. Our roster is QB, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, FL, FL, K, Def, 6 BN.

In our 17-round draft my picks are: 1.02, 1.03, 2.01, 3.02, 4.11, 5.02, 6.01, 6.11 (keeping Chubb), 7.02 (keeping Guice), 9.02, 10.11 (keeping Mahomes), 11.02, 12.11, 13.02, 14.01, 14.11, 14.12. 

So I started the Sony Michel thread because the guy and I were talking about him getting Michel and then swapping some draft picks. But then he flipped the script on me completely. I have no plans to keep Michel as a 4th rd keeper, which is why we started talking. And then he brings up Kamara. His current offer is Kamara, his 7.03 rd pick, two 17th rd picks...for Michel, my 1.02 pick, my 2.01 pick, and my 4.11 pick.

Here's the kicker, Kamara is an 11th rd keeper this year. In 2020, he'll be a 10th...in 2021, he'll be a 9th...and so forth. It would mean throwing Chubb or Guice or Mahomes back into the draft. 

It would leave me with a 1.03 pick, 3.02, 5.02 and then the rest as follows with the addition of the 7.03 pick and two 17ths. I'd have to address WR at 1.03, which would be the likes of either Adams or Julio. At the 3.02 and 5.02 picks, I'd have solid WR options, but nothing great, of course. 

It's tempting, but I'm thinking that I'd be better off keeping my stockpile of picks, keeping Chubb, Guice, and Mahomes, and trying to flip Michel to another owner for a pick. 

I’d do that based on the picks you’d have left. Throw Guice out the window. At best he’s in a time share for this year. At worst, he never turns out to be who we thought he’d be due to that injury (he wouldn’t be the first high profile RB out of college to have that happen) and is a bust. It’s not like Washington is some sort of juggernaut of an offense like the Saints are. 

• Like 1

I will add this to anyone's consideration. For various reasons, the following guys will be available at the start of the draft:

RB: Zeke, Gurley, DJ, Freeman...then it falls off...Jacobs and Montgomery are there and if selected automatically become 4th rd keepers following their rookie years.

WR: Adams, Julio, Evans, JuJu, AB, probably TY, KAllen, ACooper, AJGreen.

TE: Probably Kelce. 

I'd get one of them, but then all of these guys will be gone before I pick again in the 3rd. 

So I balked at his deal, and the discussion changed. The deal we ended up making was my Chubb, 1.02, 6.12 for his Kamara, 7.12, 17.12. I’m pretty stoked. It helps that he’s a huge Cleveland fan and has a chub for Chubb.  

If you got Kamara? You clearly won that league before it even started. 

15 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

His current offer is Kamara, his 7.03 rd pick, two 17th rd picks...for Michel, my 1.02 pick, my 2.01 pick, and my 4.11 pick.

I see this as:

- Kamara for a 1.02 (fair)

- his 7.03 for Michel (bad deal)

- his 17th round picks for your 2.01 and 4.11 pick (are you @#$%)

I would either tell him to go to hell, or laugh in his favce, or both. I don't even see how you can get a decent deal from this starting position.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

Chubb, 1.02, 6.12 for his Kamara, 7.12, 17.12

- his 7.12 for your 6.12 (slight downgrade)

- his 17.12 for Chubb (bad deal)

I still don't like it. I think you got fleeced, unless I am missing something (very possible).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

- his 7.12 for your 6.12 (slight downgrade)

- his 17.12 for Chubb (bad deal)

I still don't like it. I think you got fleeced, unless I am missing something (very possible).

I disagree, but that’s cool. You have to look at the deal as a whole and not break it down into this-part-for-that-part. Kamara is an 11th rd keeper this year, will be a 10th next year and a 9th the year after and so on. Chubb is a 6th this year.

Bottom line for me, I got the best player in the deal. I have the 1.03 pick still, so losing the 1.02 pick in a keeper league isn’t a big deal when I’m getting Kamara. I also have the 6.01 pick, so trading him the 6.12 so he can keep Chubb in the 6th is no big thing. As for the 7th  and 17th, I got Kamara, so I don’t care, haha!! I don’t consider those a loss because I’m still sitting with picks 1.03, 2.01, 3.02, 4.11, 5.02, 6.01, 7.02, 7.12, and so on. 

Just goes to show the wide range of perspectives...guys in our league are telling the other owner tht i fleeced him. 

20 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

Kamara is an 11th rd keeper this year, will be a 10th next year and a 9th the year after and so on. Chubb is a 6th this year

True, I didn't take that into account, and that's a huge deal.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

I see this as:

- his 7.03 for Michel (bad deal)

- his 17th round picks for your 2.01 and 4.11 pick (are you @#$%)

I would either tell him to go to hell, or laugh in his favce, or both. I don't even see how you can get a decent deal from this starting position.

The point is locking up Kamara for a great price for the next 8 years

oops I should have kept reading

Edited by bhawks489
  • Like 2