smeeze

Hunter Henry 2019 Outlook

Help Hunter this long, sooooo glad I did. Now just deciding on inserting him or rolling with Witten. If I need upside I will go HH for sure!

No doubt he's playing this weekend but he's also going to be on a pitch count. Might not matter if all his plays come in the redzone and he scores. When most of us start a TE that's all we are looking for anyway. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LacesOut said:

Lynn in the following interview basically spells out that he will be limited if he is used on Sunday 

https://www.chargers.com/video/coach-lynn-on-injury-updates-going-into-sunday-night

Yeah, it's two totally different tones. Lynn makes it sound like there's a chance he'll play, but he'll barely see the field even if he does. Henry seems like he can barely contain his excitement because he's expecting to play a lot... Should probably trust my initial instinct here. 

I’m badly trying to move on from Delanie ‘2 target’ Walker but I’m still giving HH a week on my bench before I unleash him. Lynn’s comments I did not like but watch HH go off because fantasy

We’re good, fellas. Did you see how many times Rivers checked down to Ekeler last week? Better believe Henry will be out there against the Steelers. This game will be a lot closer than people think, and they’ll really need him. Not gonna target Ekeler 20 times again in a tight, must-win game.

• Like 1

I’m sure a player’s excitement about getting back on the field has little correlation with the coach’s decision on how many snaps to play him. Whether the coach thinks he needs time to get back into game shape or whatever, his snaps could very well be limited regardless of how HH thinks he feels.

Regardless, the way HH talked in that interview it does sound like he’s fully recovered and ready to go. Can hold out hope that he gets more snaps than Lynn is letting on.

As a Waller owner, I needed a fill in this week and was able to claim HH off waivers. I can’t afford a roster spot for a 3rd TE, so I’m basically rolling with HH no matter what (like even if he were to get ruled inactive before the game, I think I’m going to have to accept a goose egg because I’m not dropping him and I can’t afford to pick up another TE).

My other options would be guys like Fant, Hockenson, Witten. They’re all likely to put up pretty low scores, but I think the chance of a goose egg is significantly higher with HH this week. If I could start Witten instead, I probably would. 

59 minutes ago, gufomel said:

I’m sure a player’s excitement about getting back on the field has little correlation with the coach’s decision on how many snaps to play him. Whether the coach thinks he needs time to get back into game shape or whatever, his snaps could very well be limited regardless of how HH thinks he feels.

Regardless, the way HH talked in that interview it does sound like he’s fully recovered and ready to go. Can hold out hope that he gets more snaps than Lynn is letting on.

As a Waller owner, I needed a fill in this week and was able to claim HH off waivers. I can’t afford a roster spot for a 3rd TE, so I’m basically rolling with HH no matter what (like even if he were to get ruled inactive before the game, I think I’m going to have to accept a goose egg because I’m not dropping him and I can’t afford to pick up another TE).

My other options would be guys like Fant, Hockenson, Witten. They’re all likely to put up pretty low scores, but I think the chance of a goose egg is significantly higher with HH this week. If I could start Witten instead, I probably would. 

Hock or Witten would be interesting plays this week (although fairly low upside IMO). Season-long though, I think Henry’s the pickup.

Provided he's 100% after this game, is it unrealistic to hope for him to average 4-5 catches for 60-70 yards for the rest of the season?

• Like 1

With some big games sprinkled in.

• Like 1

hyped to grab andrews and hunter just now off the waiver. he was pretty hyped in the off season so i expect him to be fairly good if he's able to stay healthy. i mean he technically put up the same stats as OJ this year if not better and drafted around the same time in 5 less games. 

7 minutes ago, jonasdash said:

Provided he's 100% after this game, is it unrealistic to hope for him to average 4-5 catches for 60-70 yards for the rest of the season?

I think that's a little optimistic.  With those averages you're talking over 16 games 64-80 catches & 960-1,120 yards.  I think he'll be close to 4 catches a game with more like 50 yards and a decent amount of looks in the red zone.  A 16 game projection would be 64-800-8 which would put him right behind the top tier guys.

4 minutes ago, TommyKramer said:

I think that's a little optimistic.  With those averages you're talking over 16 games 64-80 catches & 960-1,120 yards.  I think he'll be close to 4 catches a game with more like 50 yards and a decent amount of looks in the red zone.  A 16 game projection would be 64-800-8 which would put him right behind the top tier guys.

With my luck at TE the past couple seasons I’d take that.  Just please don’t get hurt again Hunter 

I need hunter to play so I don’t have to drop someone useful for a third TE. In fact, after being Herndoned I deserve that. Play and play well Hunter! 

This guy seems to be made of glass. Step 1 for him is being healthy and a nice bye week fill in. He should produce IF he can stay on the field. 

Made of glass always makes me laugh, you do realize humans aren't designed to play this game. I'd probably die if I got on an nfl field 

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, jonasdash said:

I actually don't think it is. That's actually exactly what I'd expect from him. If he can stay healthy he'll be a top 3-5 TE. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

I actually don't think it is. That's actually exactly what I'd expect from him. If he can stay healthy he'll be a top 3-5 TE. 

You do realize those averages would put him over 1,000 yards for a full season.  The great Antonio Gates only went over that mark twice in his whole career.  

Not too concerned about yards.  What I really want is touchdowns.

6 hours ago, TommyKramer said:

You do realize those averages would put him over 1,000 yards for a full season.  The great Antonio Gates only went over that mark twice in his whole career.  

I do. It's a very capable offense and we know Rivers utilizes his TEs. The game is continuing to become more pass friendly, so it doesn't have to be that Henry is "better" than Gates. But we saw what guys like Kelce and Kittle did last year, no reason to think Henry couldn't do 80% of that. If he played 16 this year I expected 75-80, 1000+ and 10.