smeeze

Hunter Henry 2019 Outlook

Enjoy your fluke. No offense. But this was a fluke. He'll average 8 fantasy pts from here on out at best. And I'm speaking as a Chargers fan. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, mbell317 said:

Enjoy your fluke. No offense. But this was a fluke. He'll average 8 fantasy pts from here on out at best. And I'm speaking as a Chargers fan. 

And if we agree with you... this is the perfect time to package him in 2 for 1 trade offers.

7 minutes ago, ColoWrex said:

And if we agree with you... this is the perfect time to package him in 2 for 1 trade offers.

Seriously this. Sell before he inevitably gets hurt again.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, mbell317 said:

Weird take. He’s got a pretty decent floor when healthy. Sure he won’t go off like this again, but great FF TE’s average around 8ppg. The best are in double digits. I’m sure most would take that 8ppg.

16 minutes ago, mbell317 said:

Why is it a fluke? this is the first season Henry hasn't had to compete with Gates. In games where Gates was out, he was producing. This team obviously needs him to produce after missing 4 weeks.

7 minutes ago, tpat30 said:

Weird take. He’s got a pretty decent floor when healthy. Sure he won’t go off like this again, but great FF TE’s average around 8ppg. The best are in double digits. I’m sure most would take that 8ppg.

Well people in this thread are literally comparing him to Kittle and Kelce as an equal. That is a weird take. 

This guy just came off a 4 week absence and that was the weirdest Charger game I've ever seen. None of the typical flow to the offense. 

All I'm saying is I would not draw conclusions from that game. People comparing him to the best TE's in the game after that game are jumping to conclusions. 

Edited by mbell317
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, mbell317 said:

Well people in this thread are literally comparing him to Kittle and Kelce as an equal. That is a weird take. 

This guy just came off a 4 week absence and that was the weirdest Charger game I've ever seen. None of the typical flow to the offense. 

All I'm saying is I would not draw conclusions from that game. People comparing him to the best TE's in the game after that game are jumping to conclusions. 

True, haven’t read the previous pages, so that’s understandable. I for one ended up keeping Waller over this guy. Like a few are saying, it’s a decent bet to say Hunter won’t stay healthy.

1 hour ago, gufomel said:

PIT is notoriously bad against TE’s right? How’s TEN (next week)?

TEN is bottom 10 against TE... will be a great match up, especially since they pretty good on the outside.

38 minutes ago, mbell317 said:

I'll take 8 points anyday from the TE slot. It's all about targets, if u can average 6-7 a game, he's already better than most TE.

• Like 1

Henry has proved he can produce in the past when healthy, dating back to his rookie season. He was having a good game week 1 before be got injured as well. If he manages to stay healthy he is going to be a sure fire TE1 rest of the season. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mbell317 said:

• Thanks 2

Rivers loves his big bodies tight ends. Was about the only positive thing about the game. I expect the over the hill gunslinger to look for Henry often as teams sell out to stop KA13 and Ekeler. 

• Like 1

Will Fuller's big game last week was a fluke.  Hunter Henry's big game last night was not.  Hunter Henry's a very talented player with quite a consistent track record of producing when healthy.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mbell317 said:

You're saying a lot, but aren't actually telling us anything. Why is this flukey? It's not like it was some no name Robert Tonyan tight end who exploded one game out of nowhere. He's always gotten targets when suited up, Rivers loves his TE, and Henry was the best TE in his class. Unless you think he gets hurt again, I don't understand how this can be chalked up as a fluke 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, mbell317 said:

I don't get this. The only issue with HH has been staying healthy. Assuming he can do that, he's easily top 10 and maybe top 5 at the position. 

Besides, if you're saying 8 points is his floor (and he got me 24 last night in standard), I'll take that all day long and twice on Sundays!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, gufomel said:

Lol. Come eat your crow. 

Yes, I was wrong .. Spectacular game for Hunter. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, mbell317 said:

the Charges game last week was pretty weird too. In fact in many categories it was Rivers least efficient game since 2007. 

Kittle blew up last year because the 49ers had almost no other receiving options. Seems like HH is in the same spot (good RB options but few WRs) As has been mentioned, HH was always been productive when Gates hasn’t been around including that stat breakdown showing similar efficiency and metrics as Gronk. This is not a 1 game sample size. 

I don’t think this is a fluke but It’s probably his best game of the year and the 2 TDs worry me because that’s 2 out of his season total gone. 

Seems like top 3 ceiling ROS is reasonable with a rock solid top 7 floor.

Edited by FreakFries
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, FreakFries said:

the Charges game last week was pretty weird too. In fact in many categories it was Rivers least efficient game since 2007. 

Kittle blew up last year because the 49ers had almost no other receiving options. Seems like HH is in the same spot (good RB options but few WRs) As has been mentioned, HH was always been productive when Gates hasn’t been around including that stat breakdown showing similar efficiency and metrics as Gronk. This is not a 1 game sample size. 

I don’t think this is a fluke but It’s probably his best game of the year and the 2 TDs worry me because that’s 2 out of his season total gone. 

Seems like top 3 ceiling ROS is reasonable with a rock solid top 7 floor.

Keenan Allen and Mike Williams aren’t talented?

TD season total? I’m not sure that players are given a certain amount of tds they can have in a season. 
I’m worried more about health than this being a “one time” type of game. I think he will be gold in the red zone. I’d figure 4-5 catches with 50-70 yds as a typical week with a 50% chance of scoring a td.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, BRIGUY11 said:

Keenan Allen and Mike Williams aren’t talented?

TD season total? I’m not sure that players are given a certain amount of tds they can have in a season. 
I’m worried more about health than this being a “one time” type of game. I think he will be gold in the red zone. I’d figure 4-5 catches with 50-70 yds as a typical week with a 50% chance of scoring a td.

yes, K Allan is great! But M Williams hasn’t been anything special. He hasn’t picked up the slack when teams take K Allen away and he hasn’t scored a TD this year which is supposed to be his thing. 

TDs on the year is just me doing a projection: how many TDs do you think HH will have on the season? I’d say 10 is a pretty high number. 2 of those are now gone. That leaves 8 IF you think he gets 10 on the year which I think would be pretty difficult. Regardless of what numbers you want to use, that’s what I mean by TD total. 

I think your projections are spot on.

8 hours ago, mbell317 said:

He was often taken as the 4th TE off the board after Ertz. Not really much of a stretch to say he can be an elite producer at the TE position. He has always been productive when healthy, and most of that productivity came when splitting time with Gates. I would say he is their best RZ weapon. Good times ahead. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, FreakFries said:

yes, K Allan is great! But M Williams hasn’t been anything special. He hasn’t picked up the slack when teams take K Allen away and he hasn’t scored a TD this year which is supposed to be his thing. 

TDs on the year is just me doing a projection: how many TDs do you think HH will have on the season? I’d say 10 is a pretty high number. 2 of those are now gone. That leaves 8 IF you think he gets 10 on the year which I think would be pretty difficult. Regardless of what numbers you want to use, that’s what I mean by TD total. 

I think your projections are spot on.

Instead of assuming he’s going to get 2 less TDs for you now on the season, you should increase your season long TD projection for him(whatever it was) based on last night’s blowup it you projected a quiet game. Math

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, owenmills said:

Instead of assuming he’s going to get 2 less TDs for you now on the season, you should increase your season long TD projection for him(whatever it was) based on last night’s blowup it you projected a quiet game. Math

As I said, 10 on the year will be difficult i.e. the ceiling.

3 hours ago, FreakFries said:

As I said, 10 on the year will be difficult i.e. the ceiling.

A lot less difficult when you just had 2 in one game, people usually bump up their projections a bit when a situation like this happens, not the opposite. I'd rather see him score 2 TD's this week and seem like a great RZ threat, than have 1 or 0 TD's, in hopes that it somehow leaves room for more in the future? 

Regardless how difficult it seems, anything can happen when it comes to TD's (Ebron last year)

Edited by AJx88x