smeeze

Hunter Henry 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Here’s a nice little nugget for you all. Shhhhhhhhhh

 

Edited by Motown_Magic
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Motown_Magic said:

Here’s a nice little nugget for you all. Shhhhhhhhhh

 

 

Him and mike Williams are ridiculous steals. No Melvin Gordon opens up targets. Keenan possibly hobbled for a while opens up targets. Derwin James going down is going to lead to more passing for the chargers.

 

Steal in the 6th.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think he is prime for a breakout year. I sure hope to get him on my team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone have the scoop on risk of compensation injuries coming back from a torn ACL? Or his overall risky injury past?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/23/2019 at 3:30 PM, oresteszero said:

Pretty quiet here... anyone draft him this year? I have him on my 10 man league 

 

Ended up with him in a couple spots because of how the draft went. I'm cautiously optimistic, but haven't really been touting him at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-Rivers loves throwing to the TE

-Gordon getting permission to seek a trade

-McCoy possibly being a part of a RBBC 

-LT Okung our indefinitely 

These 4 facts lead me to believe Henry ends up as a Top-3 TE this year

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

George Kittle of this year EZ, loling at scrubs that draft TE in single digit rounds when you get HH much later.

Get your pop corn ready, HH top 5 TE this year EZ.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/26/2019 at 9:16 AM, pushaZ said:

Does anyone have the scoop on risk of compensation injuries coming back from a torn ACL? Or his overall risky injury past?

Would love to read any insights on this. I own him all over but a) he's coming off serious injury b) been injury prone in past c) about to see ridiculous volume (so constant midfield collisions) d) TE attrition rate lately

Just feels a little too good to be true imo. Could easily see 1k yards+ and double digit TDs if he plays full season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/26/2019 at 9:16 AM, pushaZ said:

Does anyone have the scoop on risk of compensation injuries coming back from a torn ACL? Or his overall risky injury past?

 

Hamstring strains/pulls are typically an area of concern as players typically compensate for the bad knee when they initially return. ACL injuries certainly aren't what they used to be and most young players seem to recover well. Most require 6-9 month recovery timelines. Hunter tore his ACL back in May during OTAs last season, so he's had over 15 months to recover.

 

He's 100%, historically efficient, and will be a favorite of Phil.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, pdog109 said:

George Kittle of this year EZ, loling at scrubs that draft TE in single digit rounds when you get HH much later.

Get your pop corn ready, HH top 5 TE this year EZ.

 

He went 6.7 and 6.9 in both 12 team standard drafts I was in. He went behind Howard but before Cook, which I think is where he is on most rankings I’ve seen. I would be shocked if he is falling to double digit rounds. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, PizzaBeerFF said:

 

He went 6.7 and 6.9 in both 12 team standard drafts I was in. He went behind Howard but before Cook, which I think is where he is on most rankings I’ve seen. I would be shocked if he is falling to double digit rounds. 

 

 

I took him at 6.7 in my draft too.  We all kept 1 player so may need to adjust 1 round. Went after Howard and Engram but 2 picks before Cook

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, PizzaBeerFF said:

 

He went 6.7 and 6.9 in both 12 team standard drafts I was in. He went behind Howard but before Cook, which I think is where he is on most rankings I’ve seen. I would be shocked if he is falling to double digit rounds. 

I took him at 6.3 in my 12 team because I doubted he'd still be around in the 7th, and I was right. Howard, Engram, Cook, and McDonald were all taken before my 7th round pick rolled around. 

I think Henry has the best chance among the 2nd tier TE's to have a breakout season, especially if Gordon holds out all year. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So around what round would y’all be reaching for him? After you get both we and rn spots locked in? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I snagged him in the 8th of a 10 team league but he is going right after Evans, Howard, then usually before Cook

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He flew under the radar in my league. I got him in the 9th round, 12 team league.
And I got him as my 2nd TE: I picked up Engram in the 7th.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, johnny5000 said:

He flew under the radar in my league. I got him in the 9th round, 12 team league.
And I got him as my 2nd TE: I picked up Engram in the 7th.

That's crazy stupid.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really like this guy, but I wasn't necessarily targeting him. He was there in the 7th round after I had my 3 starting RB/ flex and 3 WR so I happily grabbed him. 12 team PPR.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, FreakFries said:

Can’t decide between H Henry and OJ Howard. 

Any thoughts?

I think Howard has a nice year, but Brate is still there and Jameis def has a connection with him. I know that has been annoying for owners to see in the past. Henry is prob the number 1 RZ target and Phil loves throwing to tight ends. If Gordon signed I would’ve had OJ before, but as of now I personally have HH just ahead of him. Rankings say otherwise. 

 

Also... I think that TB Oline is going to need some more blocking help than LAC from the TE. 

Edited by FantasyGOAT
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, FantasyGOAT said:

I think Howard has a nice year, but Brate is still there and Jameis def has a connection with him. I know that has been annoying for owners to see in the past. Henry is prob the number 1 RZ target and Phil loves throwing to tight ends. If Gordon signed I would’ve had OJ before, but as of now I personally have HH just ahead of him. Rankings say otherwise. 

 

Also... I think that TB Oline is going to need some more blocking help than LAC from the TE. 

 

 

This was my feeling as well but some of the hype I hear around Howard was giving me pause. Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He will be fine. Dynamite even. In top 5 I bet. But I am still looking hard at TE for if he gets hurt and gimpy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.