smeeze

Hunter Henry 2019 Outlook

I’m not exactly convinced that Keenan being out helps HH beyond volume. Keenan brings sooo much defensive attention that it has opened up the field and given easier matchups to HH and Ekeler the last 2 games from what I saw when I watched. The targets will probably go up a bit which is nice but I’m worried that the Bears D won’t have a huge problem trying to contain 4 skill players with no reasonable talent beyond that on a team with a bad OLine. Should be fun to see how it plays out. 

What does the firing of Ken Whisenhunt mean for Henry's future chances here? 

1 minute ago, bwarbiany said:

What does the firing of Ken Whisenhunt mean for Henry's future chances here? 

Don't think it matters. Rivers always throws to his TE's regardless of OC. 

He'll bounce back at home vs a GB defense that is vulnerable to TE's.

Man there is nothing he can do to disappoint me at this point. I remember where I came from suffering through tight end hell. I remember just hoping my guy would fall on a fumble or make a tackle just to get points.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mvttchew said:

Where would you guys rank him amongst other TEs RoS?

Id say hes 5th after Kittle, Waller, Hooper, Kelce

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, yanksman said:

Id say hes 5th after Kittle, Waller, Hooper, Kelce

I think you could put those 5 names in a hat and randomly draw each one for how they will finish from this point forward ROS, but it's fair to have Henry Henry 5th right now because of the limited sample size

14 hours ago, TommyKramer said:

I think you could put those 5 names in a hat and randomly draw each one for how they will finish from this point forward ROS, but it's fair to have Henry Henry 5th right now because of the limited sample size

Completely agree. Just like you mention, you do have to put him 5th, but it's a REAL close 5th. Any of these guys being the TE1 ROS would not be in the least bit surprising. 

HH ‘bout to eat tonight right?

spacer.png

Edited by gufomel
  • Like 1

Second Thursday in a row one of my TE might as well have stayed in the locker room at halftime. 

I went to bed before halftime thinking I'll get 15-20 pts from Henry by the end of the game.

Nothing after that lol.

Oh well, can't be too greedy. I'll take the TD.

Rivers was flat-out awful last night.

In the last drive, Henry was running wide open across the middle like four times, but Phillip tried to flick the ball to that rookie 16 who was double covered.

The announcers said that one of the INT throws was intended for Henry but he fell down.

Frustrating.

• Like 1

Rivers was so trash last night.  I wasn't even watching the game very closely and still saw multiple times Henry was wide open and Rivers is throwing over the head of one of his blanketed receivers. 

Be better, Phil.  Remember how much you loved throwing to Gates?  This guy can be your new Gates.  Do it.

• Like 2

As frustrating as it was last night, 4/30/1 is still an acceptable line in any format. As long as he's healthy, he's a top 5 TE every week. No reason to be overly upset. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Rivers was flat-out awful last night.

In the last drive, Henry was running wide open across the middle like four times, but Phillip tried to flick the ball to that rookie 16 who was double covered.

The announcers said that one of the INT throws was intended for Henry but he fell down.

Frustrating.

Couldn’t agree more. 3 time outs, 1:00 remaining, all they need is a FG, and Rivers is out there chucking low percentage bombs every play. It was an absolutely pathetic showing. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, JJ1223 said:

Rivers was so trash last night.  I wasn't even watching the game very closely and still saw multiple times Henry was wide open and Rivers is throwing over the head of one of his blanketed receivers. 

Be better, Phil.  Remember how much you loved throwing to Gates?  This guy can be your new Gates.  Do it.

Honestly I think he was scared of Erik Harris more than anything. He was around Henry a lot. They'll be fine moving forward,  fantasy wise. 

2 hours ago, HeHateMe23 said:

So was this week an anomaly or do we need to be looking for other options here?.. 3 targets?

Anomaly