sosatyme72

Who should be my keeper? Connor, D.Williams or Chubb? WHIR

I have to choose one of these guys on my roster which I can keep which will cost me a 10th rd pick in my 12 teamer ppr league. Who would you keep leaning towards DWilliams....

James Connor-still has Jaylen Samuels, rookie Benny Snell..Ive read gonna be a shared backfield this year

Damian Williams- still Carlos Hyde, rookie Darwin Thompson, Reid said Williams can be full time starter this year

Nick Chubb- still has Kareem Hunt and Duke Johnson, He's more of a runner, doesnt catch too many passes.

I also had Kareem Hunt as my keeper from last year but if I keep him this year it will cost me a 2nd pick which doesn’t make sense , he wouldn’t play til after week 8, plus he has Chubb there

I would keep Chubb or Conner. They're 23/24 while Williams is 27. Williams may possibly be in a better position this year but they both have better long term value. Since it's PPR I think I would go with Conner. Imo Chubb is the best RB of the three though. 

• Thanks 1

Chubb for sure. Hunt will be out the first 8 or so games, and Duke is rumored to be getting traded. 

14 hours ago, Gmen07 said:

I would keep Chubb or Conner. They're 23/24 while Williams is 27. Williams may possibly be in a better position this year but they both have better long term value. Since it's PPR I think I would go with Conner. Imo Chubb is the best RB of the three though. 

Can't fault any of this thinking. +1.

• Like 1

It’s either Chubb or Conner. I lean Conner as I think all of this talk about time shares is nothing more than talk. When was the last time there as a RBBC in Pittsburgh? Chubb is fine too but I do worry in week 9 with Hunt back if they lesson Chubbs role. They didn’t sign Hunt to have him sit. That would not be worth the PR nightmare. 

Conner by a nose over Chubb since he has the best combo of short and long-term value. I wouldn’t be considering Williams. 

ok ,Im surprised about DWilliams not really in mix, all the talk is him being full time starter...

On 7/11/2019 at 2:15 PM, Gmen07 said:

I agree with this^^^^  Help in return please

On 7/12/2019 at 11:05 PM, sosatyme72 said:

ok ,Im surprised about DWilliams not really in mix, all the talk is him being full time starter...

I think many (me included) have little faith that he’s the starter by the end of the year. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, GreatScott! said:

I think many (me included) have little faith that he’s the starter by the end of the year. 

Add me to that group 100%, but if you check out DW’s thread in the main forum, you’ll find that there are many owners who are quite high on him this season...calling him a “freak”, “workhorse”, etc. That’s reflected in his ADP which currently has him somehow being drafted higher than Antonio Brown.

Williams is the same guy who spent multiple seasons failing to crack the lineup in Miami and is the quintessential example of how short most fantasy owners’ memories are. 

• Like 1

Chubb for me. I have a feeling that Chubb goes wild and puts him in the Zeke range of players.Hunt is really good but probably won't be a Brown next year with the money he'll want. 

I’d say Chubb or Conner.

Williams although the starter in a GREAT offense is 27... not exactly prime breakout age after a ho hum career arc.

Conner plays behind a great OLine and I do truly believe the Samuels talk is overblown in terms of conners rushing production. I think Samuels uses his receiving chops a bit more and the two are on the field together. Snell is super slow and I don’t see him getting much more than a few snaps a game.

Chubb is like Conner, not the greatest athlete but in a good situation. His offense should be great and he has no one there to poach until Kareem comes back.

I actually think Conner is safer because he’s better, but Chubb has a slightly better situation.

Still, Id go Conner.

Mine:

I like Chubb better if you want to GET to the playoffs, and Conner better if you want to WIN in the playoffs.

I think Conner’s usage will be more consistent whereas Chubb will be a beast for 10 games then get scaled back radically to save him for the actual playoffs.

Lil help?

Thanks for the responses fellas!I I know Chubb is pretty good but in ppr he didnt do much last year compared to Connors and even Williams when Hunt was suspended he did work. Wiliams is in a good position but hes never been a full time starter. Reid wants him to be full time starter ...descisons, descicions...