Better Trade? 100% WHIR

Posted (edited)

Team 1 gets: Trout, Pederson, Caleb Smith

Team 2 gets: Alonso, Meadows, Laureano, Bauer

league basically standard 12 team H2H

which side gets a better deal ROS?

leave your link and I'll help out

Edited by ebadevil

I actually think this is pretty fair at the moment assuming Alonso keeps it up. The only person in this deal that you know is going to keep killing it is Trout and possibly Bauer. Without seeing each of the full rosters its hard to say who won, but in a vacuum im going with Trout since you absolutely know he is going to do what he always does. Help me out!

• Thanks 1

Pretty solid on both sides. If one was moving Trout hopefully Alonso has a good second half and Meadows picks it up a bit. Laureano has been a nice across the board guy kind of like a Mcutchen type and Bauer is a pretty nice SP to get back. If it fills team needs seems ok for both sides.

HH

• Thanks 1

Slight edge to Team 1 I think (but it's close)

Trout = Alonso / Meadows

Smith / Pederson < Bauer / Laureano

Can you help with mine? 

• Thanks 1

I would stick with Trout side. We don't know the track record of Alonso or Meadows for their 2nd halfs...

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

The Trout side.  Meadows has cooled considerably.  Bauer is decent but not great this year.  Alonso is a rookie.  Trout needs to return top talent, not a bunch of rookie types and a decent but not great SP imo.

Edited by secretagentman
  • Thanks 1

Trout side easily. He is a top 3 MVP guy EVERY year, and the best player in baseball. Don't give that up for potential. There are MANY cases of guys setting the league on fire out of the gate only to never produce close again

• Thanks 1

Thanks for all your replies guys. I got Trout in that deal and that's exactly what I was thinking. I also have Pence coming back from injury so basically one of those OF would have been dropped anyways. It stunk to give up Bauer but I'm also sick of his roller coaster of either 15Ks or 15 ERA every game

2 hours ago, Gunz41 said:

Trout side easily. He is a top 3 MVP guy EVERY year, and the best player in baseball. Don't give that up for potential. There are MANY cases of guys setting the league on fire out of the gate only to never produce close again

This.

Keep whatever bats you own, and move some mt for only the other owners offense. 

22 hours ago, sox311 said:

I would stick with Trout side. We don't know the track record of Alonso or Meadows for their 2nd halfs...

I agree with this completely.   And then there’s always the possible HR Derby curse!