throwaway9614

Austin Ekeler 2019 Outlook

Let's chill out on this lol. Let's critically think on this. Melvin Gordon is on his last year of rookie contract. The chargers basically said go F yourself, we aren't talking money until after this season regardless if you come back or sit out. Why In the world would Gordon come back after all that just to risk injury and poof, no more big contract that he wants.. just doesn't make much sense to me.

3 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Even if he came back this week he 100% would not suit up this weekend. They'd probably want a week of practice out of him. But then after that you're all free to feel broken hearted. 

No one needs time to suit up if they are playing against the Miami Dolphins. Gordon just rained on every Ekeler owner's parade.

3 minutes ago, GoVols98 said:

Let's chill out on this lol. Let's critically think on this. Melvin Gordon is on his last year of rookie contract. The chargers basically said go F yourself, we aren't talking money until after this season regardless if you come back or sit out. Why In the world would Gordon come back after all that just to risk injury and poof, no more big contract that he wants.. just doesn't make much sense to me.

He needs the real to toll in order to make his way to free agency or he lives in contract purgatory. It's pretty straight forward. 

2 minutes ago, kretan182 said:

No one needs time to suit up if they are playing against the Miami Dolphins. Gordon just rained on every Ekeler owner's parade.

Doesn't matter. When has any player ever come back from a suspension or hold out and immediately resumed normal workload?

7 minutes ago, jpark211 said:

Guess the best thing to do after this weekend is trying to sell Ekeler to the MGIII owner? or maybe try to get MGIII through a trade? Although he/she is gonna want a lot for that...

Wish I could. the MGIII owner is not returning my messages after I picked up Robinson on waivers before he could.

Good times.

Drafted Melvin and Ekeler back to back for this exact reason. Even if he reports this week, Melvin isn't playing this sunday. I think we get 2 more good weeks out of Ekeler.

2 minutes ago, TheDoctor said:

He needs the real to toll in order to make his way to free agency or he lives in contract purgatory. It's pretty straight forward. 

Okay, play one snap and say your foot hurts. Then he can sit out rest of season. 

1 minute ago, oliminator123 said:

Doesn't matter. When has any player ever come back from a suspension or hold out and immediately resumed normal workload?

Zeke like 3 weeks ago?

• Thanks 1

Just now, smeeze said:

Zeke like 3 weeks ago?

He came back on a Wednesday. It's already Wednesday and I don't think these reports were referring to today. If he reports Friday there is 0 chance he plays Sunday, and if he does it'd be a pretty limited snap count is my guess. 

2 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

He came back on a Wednesday. It's already Wednesday and I don't think these reports were referring to today. If he reports Friday there is 0 chance he plays Sunday, and if he does it'd be a pretty limited snap count is my guess. 

Yep, here you go:

• Thanks 1

These reporters don’t have anything to talk about. They reported bell would be coming back all sorts of weeks last year. Not saying he holds out like bell but coming back now doesn’t really make much sense.  They didn’t give him any more money, they didn’t trade him and he’s still risking injuring himself and that was the whole point of the holdout. 

1 minute ago, StevenSC400 said:

These reporters don’t have anything to talk about. They reported bell would be coming back all sorts of weeks last year. Not saying he holds out like bell but coming back now doesn’t really make much sense.  They didn’t give him any more money, they didn’t trade him and he’s still risking injuring himself and that was the whole point of the holdout. 

The difference is we already knew Gordon was going to come back at some point. Bell was a complete toss up all season. 

Even if Mel Gordon comes back, Ekeler still has really good value as a pass catching back. Why are people acting like Ekeler is some scrub backup?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, oliminator123 said:

The difference is we already knew Gordon was going to come back at some point. Bell was a complete toss up all season. 

Right we all know he’s coming back but regardless it doesn’t make sense for him to come back early if he’s trying to preserve himself. He only needs to report 30 days before the last game. Not six weeks like some said on here

2 minutes ago, Mr.STD said:

Even if Mel Gordon comes back, Ekeler still has really good value as a pass catching back. Why are people acting like Ekeler is some scrub backup?

Because he drops from RB1 to at best RB2 but most likely flex play. And that’s not a league winning ekeler. I have plenty of those guys on my roster now.

• Like 1

Looks like this could be Ekeler’s last week to ball out before returning to a flex/ RB3 role. 

From high-end RB1 in all formats to decent PPR flex...

I don't check into the Ekeler thread very often, but I guess it will burn during the next few days! 💣💥

Our only hope is that Melvin is out of shape and needs to eased back. so hopefully we get two more weeks of great production

15 minutes ago, TheDoctor said:

Yes.  This isn't like the L Bell situation last year where he wasn't under contract at all.

The way I understand it is that Gordon needs to report by week 10 to gain free agency and not stay under contract with the Chargers for another year.  So he's definitely coming at some point.

I don't own shares of anybody in this backfield....Well...except Jackson lol in a couple leagues.  But if I owned Ekeler, I'd be shopping him hard....And frankly probably would've already moved him.  He's the ultimate sell high IMO. 

1 minute ago, Dr. Whom said:

Our only hope is that Melvin is out of shape and needs to eased back. so hopefully we get two more weeks of great production

The hope only of empty men. --T.S. Eliot

Maybe Melvin just leaked this to get his name back in the news and remind all of those RB needy teams that they better act now with those trade offers. (crosses fingers)