throwaway9614

Austin Ekeler 2019 Outlook

1 hour ago, DarinB300 said:

With Pouncey out ros, does this help Ekeler in the passing game, even when HH returns? 

The team being worse is not a good thing. Ekeler also gets yardage in the running game, and any injuries like this have some sort of negative effect on TD upside.

Edited by miasma16

Just remember that Melvin Gordon is a very good receiving back as well. Caught more than 50 passes each of the last 3 seasons, so he is no slouch in that regard. I don't think Ekeler will get 100% of the dump-offs and screens moving forward. Should still dominate as the main receiving back, but losing most carries as well as a chunk of his targets to Gordon doesn't seem very promising...

that was ugly.  their O line looks almost as bad as the bengals.  plus a ton of snaps for Gordon

I'm going to try and ignore this game. Gordon and Ekeler got completely game-scripted out. Rivers was dropping back and throwing down field on almost every snap after the first few drives.

Just now, roscobangs said:

I'm going to try and ignore this game. Gordon and Ekeler got completely game-scripted out. Rivers was dropping back and throwing down field on almost every snap after the first few drives.

I have both and I'm just going to sit them. I just can't waste two starting spots on this mess. Hopefully they figure it out soon. I'm certainly not thrilled about their matchup with Tennessee anyway.

The Chargers have these games all the time. They have ever since I started watching football. They're not anywhere near that bad on offense. It's irrelevant anyway. Ekeler gets the bulk of his added value from the passing game anyway. He's a mid-to-low-end FLEX/RB3, just like he was after last week when he got 16 targets and 93 total yards.

35 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

I have both and I'm just going to sit them. I just can't waste two starting spots on this mess. Hopefully they figure it out soon. I'm certainly not thrilled about their matchup with Tennessee anyway.

As do I. How can you afford to sit both?

It's a tough situation, for sure. I do think Ekeler is somewhat match-up proof as a flex option. Of course, that wasn't the case this week.

Better days are ahead for this offence. Right now Gordon looks like a shell of his former self, but with time that HAS to change.

1 hour ago, roscobangs said:

As do I. How can you afford to sit both?

It's a tough situation, for sure. I do think Ekeler is somewhat match-up proof as a flex option. Of course, that wasn't the case this week.

Better days are ahead for this offence. Right now Gordon looks like a shell of his former self, but with time that HAS to change.

It does?  Are you sure?  

Losing him ( and Aaron Jones) has decimated my team. He is a desperation flex play now in hopes gordon fumbles or gets hurt