throwaway9614

Austin Ekeler 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, sSektor said:


They went .500 and one of those wins was against the Miami high school JV team. The other win was week 1 when every team is extremely rusty. You guys are acting like Ekeler is an elite Barkley level talent that carried the Chargers to victory lol

But the response way to no team winning games with Ekeler as the feature back and they won games with Ekeler as the feature back.

They certainly are losing games with Gordon back and carrying the load...

Ekeler isn't the problem with the Chargers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sticky2 said:

But the response way to no team winning games with Ekeler as the feature back and they won games with Ekeler as the feature back.

They certainly are losing games with Gordon back and carrying the load...

Ekeler isn't the problem with the Chargers. 

And neither is Gordon. It probably has to do with not being able to stop delvin Hodges and joe Flacco. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ryansm11 said:

And neither is Gordon. It probably has to do with not being able to stop delvin Hodges and joe Flacco. 

Gordon certainly hasn't helped though showing the Chargers were right that they don't need to pay him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Sticky2 said:

But the response way to no team winning games with Ekeler as the feature back and they won games with Ekeler as the feature back.

They certainly are losing games with Gordon back and carrying the load...

Ekeler isn't the problem with the Chargers. 

 

Did you watch the games? They went down 2-3 scores in the 1st quarter twice. Rivers couldn't even connect with Keenan. It is not the running games fault that they're in catchup mode before either back gets 5 carries lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Sticky2 said:

Gordon certainly hasn't helped though showing the Chargers were right that they don't need to pay him. 

No RB should make big money. It’s not fair, but it’s true. Ekeler is 1/4 the talent of Gordon though. Gordon missed all of camp by his own choice. He’s rusty. At his best, he’s one of the best in the league. Ekeler is nothing special. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

And neither is Gordon. It probably has to do with not being able to stop delvin Hodges and joe Flacco. 

 

It is rather interesting that the Chargers started their slide as soon as Gordon came back. They were rolling with Ekeler. 

Edited by Dexter75
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dexter75 said:

They were rolling with Ekeler. 

 

They were a .500 team that probably would have went 1-4 if one of the games wasn't a free win against Miami. But whatever fits the narrative I guess.

Edited by sSektor
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

No RB should make big money. It’s not fair, but it’s true. Ekeler is 1/4 the talent of Gordon though. Gordon missed all of camp by his own choice. He’s rusty. At his best, he’s one of the best in the league. Ekeler is nothing special. 

 

spacer.png

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Moved Gordon this week, so I no longer have a horse in this race. The fact is, Ekeler owners want to believe he is the superior back and are only using evidence that supports their point of view. Gordon owners believe their guy is the superior back and refuse to acknowledge the talent and role Ekeler has demonstrated to date. The truth lies somewhere in the middle. Gordon is no slouch. Let's stop pretending that is the case. There are several factors affecting his performance. However, let's also not pretend that Ekeler is going away. I predict the Chargers will continue to give Gordon a larger share of the work. This will eat into Ekeler's RB1 status tremendously but have little effect on his flex appeal. Next year will be a different story depending on Gordon's placement. I believe Ekeler has immense stand alone value but that is just not the case RIGHT NOW. Bickering about neighborhood lines will not change reality, no matter how hard you try.  

Gordon RB2 with upside (line/offense/rep concerns)

Ekeler Flex (Gordon problems)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Dexter75 said:

 

It is rather interesting that the Chargers started their slide as soon as Gordon came back. They were rolling with Ekeler. 

Again, they went down multiple scores against delvin Hodges and joe Flacco, unless Gordon started playing defense, I just don’t see the correlation. 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

No RB should make big money. It’s not fair, but it’s true. Ekeler is 1/4 the talent of Gordon though. Gordon missed all of camp by his own choice. He’s rusty. At his best, he’s one of the best in the league. Ekeler is nothing special. 

Weird he was top 5 overall then until Gordon returned. If Ekeler wasn't playing so well Gordon wouldn't have ended his holdout early.

Edited by Sticky2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

buy low candidate in hopes of somehow MGIII gets traded? doubt you owners would accept someone on the level of Boyd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gordon getting traded would be the best thing for Gordon and ekeler owners. This is basically a pure 50/50 split right now. If he gets traded ekeler value goes to Rb1 Gordon value goes to at least rb2. Right now both of these guys are just flex plays at best.

Edited by StevenSC400
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Sticky2 said:

Weird he was top 5 overall then until Gordon returned. If Ekeler wasn't playing so well Gordon wouldn't have ended his holdout early.

Damien Williams was a monster for a few weeks last season as well. Pretty sure he was the highest scoring RB to end the year. So he’s a franchise back right? Go to the Damien Williams thread and ask them about how that has worked out so far. Fantasy value and real life value are completely different. Ekeler can’t bang it up the middle 20+ times a game. There’s no balance with him. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rivers/OL is the real problem here. Rivers can't deal in any way with the pressure he's getting = packed boxes, no running room. Okung out again this week.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

Fantasy value and real life value are completely different.

 

That is crazy talk. You're trying to tell me fantasy box scores don't tell the entire story?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

Rivers/OL is the real problem here. Rivers can't deal in any way with the pressure he's getting = packed boxes, no running room. Okung out again this week.

This is the same issue the rams have. If you have a bad oline your offense isnt going to be successful 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, vthokie3 said:

This is the same issue the rams have. If you have a bad oline your offense isnt going to be successful 

Yep - keeps getting proven true.

I think things get better when or IF Okung return in the Bolts' case. LAR should be getting this Trent Williams thing done - that's their only hope.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ryansm11 said:

Damien Williams was a monster for a few weeks last season as well. Pretty sure he was the highest scoring RB to end the year. So he’s a franchise back right? Go to the Damien Williams thread and ask them about how that has worked out so far. Fantasy value and real life value are completely different. Ekeler can’t bang it up the middle 20+ times a game. There’s no balance with him. 

Ekeler isn't Damien Williams and pass catching backs are only more and more valuable in today's NFL.

Apparently Gordon can't bang it up the middle either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Sticky2 said:

Ekeler isn't Damien Williams and pass catching backs are only more and more valuable in today's NFL.

Apparently Gordon can't bang it up the middle either.

They are pretty much the same player. Gordon’s 5.1 YPC from last year say otherwise. You’re fighting an uphill battle my friend. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

They are pretty much the same player. Gordon’s 5.1 YPC from last year say otherwise. You’re fighting an uphill battle my friend. 

 

Yeah but Ekeler got him 4 weeks of production at a 7th round value so he must be an elite RB.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, sSektor said:

 

Yeah but Ekeler got him 4 weeks of production at a 7th round value so he must be an elite RB.

That’s literally all I hear lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't get me wrong Ekeler is and has been great in a Rivers led offense.

 

But so was Danny Woodhead.  Rivers just loves throwing to his RBs.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, sSektor said:

Don't get me wrong Ekeler is and has been great in a Rivers led offense.

 

But so was Danny Woodhead.  Rivers just loves throwing to his RBs.

DaNnY wOoDhEaD iS eLiTe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ryansm11 said:

Damien Williams was a monster for a few weeks last season as well. Pretty sure he was the highest scoring RB to end the year. So he’s a franchise back right? Go to the Damien Williams thread and ask them about how that has worked out so far. Fantasy value and real life value are completely different. Ekeler can’t bang it up the middle 20+ times a game. There’s no balance with him. 

Gordon hasn’t shown this year he can bang it up the middle either. And today’s nfl is much different from the past. A back that can split out wide and catch passes is way more valuable than a guy that’s only good for handoffs up the middle. Ekeler can easily thrive in this offense as he’s shown that already with Gordon out.

Edited by StevenSC400
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.