throwaway9614

Austin Ekeler 2019 Outlook

7 hours ago, JSA2422 said:

Image result for wait what gif

MG sucks, you'll have to get over his name to see it. 

• Like 2

Not much of a runner but a heck of a pass catcher.  Gold in PPR.

I still find it bizarre how teams let this guy get free releases or "forget" about him.  Not knocking him at all.  You'd just think the way he has been burning teams they wouldn't forget about him down the sideline for the bomb.  Then let him almost win the game right after.

Anyone have snap count usage  now that Gordon is back?

26 minutes ago, OrangeCrush said:

Worse than the JETS?

HAHA.. I'm seeing ghosts

Considering they’re basically playing on the road for 16 games? Yes, yes I do believe the Chargers are the worst front office. Second is probably Washington. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, sSektor said:

Considering they’re basically playing on the road for 16 games? Yes, yes I do believe the Chargers are the worst front office. Second is probably Washington. 

Not even close.  The Chargers have been competitive and relevant since the days of Junior Sean and Drew Brees.   They were even interesting back in the days of Dan Fouts and Air Coryell.   This is despite San Diegons mostly caring less.   They’ve been to the playoffs many times-  even being a thorn in the side of the great Manning Colts teams.  

They haven’t won it all...but neither has any team in that division in the last 25 years outside of Denver.  

Edited by Impreza178
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Not even close.  The Chargers have been competitive and relevant since the days of Junior Sean and Drew Brees.   They were even interesting back in the days of Dan Fouts and Air Coryell.   This is despite San Diegons mostly caring less.   They’ve been to the playoffs many times-  even being a thorn in the side of the great Manning Colts teams.  

They haven’t won it all...but neither has any team in that division in the last 25 years outside of Denver.  

indelibly imprinted into the memory is LT2 sulking behind his visor and under the hooded Chargers parka, and not returning to the AFC 'chip game vs Hoodie ... while Phil soldiered on nary a week post a knee scope, and Gates toughed it out with torn toe ligaments ... case could be made that Tomlinson did what was best for the team, i s'pose ... but the image of him sulking and silent and solitary while his mates damn near pulled off the win is ... stark. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

indelibly imprinted into the memory is LT2 sulking behind his visor and under the hooded Chargers parka, and not returning to the AFC 'chip game vs Hoodie ... while Phil soldiered on nary a week post a knee scope, and Gates toughed it out with torn toe ligaments ... case could be made that Tomlinson did what was best for the team, i s'pose ... but the image of him sulking and silent and solitary while his mates damn near pulled off the win is ... stark. 

CLASSIC right there pastor.   They’ve been sooo close a number of times.   10 playoff appearances in the last 30 years.     

• Thanks 1

Wonder if Detroit makes a move for him with Kerryon out.

How do we feel about him this week against Chicago?

2 minutes ago, LionKid90 said:

Wonder if Detroit makes a move for him with Kerryon out.

How do we feel about him this week against Chicago?

Murray did well last week, so even if MG3 gets the carries, Ekeler should see a good amount of targets with Rivers having to get rid of the ball quickly. At least I hope so. 😂

Wonder if Ekeler will get a WR designation if he keeps lining up out wide.

2 minutes ago, sSektor said:

Wonder if Ekeler will get a WR designation if he keeps lining up out wide.

If Leveon didnt I would say no. I'm pretty sure a lot of people would be pissed about that too

50 minutes ago, GarrettHasTheClap said:

If Leveon didnt I would say no. I'm pretty sure a lot of people would be pissed about that too

I only remember Ty Montgomery getting one but he switched almost fulltime to RB midseason

I haven’t watched the Chargers a whole lot lately, how are they using Ekeler? Is he lining up as a WR a lot or is he mainly in the backfield? Are him and Gordon on the field at the same time a lot? Would be great to know.

1 hour ago, LionKid90 said:

I haven’t watched the Chargers a whole lot lately, how are they using Ekeler? Is he lining up as a WR a lot or is he mainly in the backfield? Are him and Gordon on the field at the same time a lot? Would be great to know.

https://www.rotoworld.com/article/numbers/week-8-taking-stock-all-32-nfl-backfields?page=2

https://www.rotoworld.com/article/targets-and-touches/week-7-afc-targets-touches-0

15 hours ago, DarinB300 said:

Murray did well last week, so even if MG3 gets the carries, Ekeler should see a good amount of targets with Rivers having to get rid of the ball quickly. At least I hope so. 😂

Chicago has been struggling really bad versus RB's after Hicks went down. They are especially susceptible to pass catching backs allowing the 3rd most receptions and 5th worst in yards allowed. They are 1st in allowed targets to running backs. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Mattmac0912 said:

Gordon's gonna get traded this week enjoy your lottery ticket 

Doubt it. 

Just now, oliminator123 said:

Doubt it. 

Why do you say you doubt it? What's the incentive for the Chargers to keep Gordon? He's gone after the season, might as well get something in return.

3 minutes ago, m_cox22 said:

Why do you say you doubt it? What's the incentive for the Chargers to keep Gordon? He's gone after the season, might as well get something in return.

Nobody is going to give what the Chargers want, is my guess. Unless they're willing to budge but I'd be surprised. Detroit doesn't need him once KJ comes back. Who would be willing to trade for him? I don't think there are any teams who need a "superstar" back that is going to want a ton of money (and hasn't shown anything so far this season). 

1 minute ago, oliminator123 said:

Nobody is going to give what the Chargers want, is my guess. Unless they're willing to budge but I'd be surprised. Detroit doesn't need him once KJ comes back. Who would be willing to trade for him? I don't think there are any teams who need a "superstar" back that is going to want a ton of money (and hasn't shown anything so far this season). 

I think it depends on how the Chargers and Lions view their chances of making the playoffs. The lions need help if they think they're still in contention. KJ is coming back but not until maybe the last week?

But you're probably right the Chargers. Logic isn't their forte.  

2 hours ago, m_cox22 said:

Agree, why the hell would they not try and get something for him? Anything’s better than nothing right? Or maybe this is exactly why the Chargers the crap organization they are... 

4 minutes ago, phisouza33 said:

Agree, why the hell would they not try and get something for him? Anything’s better than nothing right? Or maybe this is exactly why the Chargers the crap organization they are... 

yeah i agree...they need help in other spots...the market doesnt look good for him though...thats the only problem i see....miami? detroit? but i am sure if a team thinks they have a shot at a big year and the value is right they would do it

Edited by Power-O

James Conner of 2019 congrats on those that took him

2 hours ago, m_cox22 said:

Chargers would likely get a third round compensatory pick if Gordon left them in free agency. So unless a team is willing to give up at least a third rounder for a rental, doubt Chargers get rid of him.