throwaway9614

Austin Ekeler 2019 Outlook

I took Ekeler with the 86th pick, did not want to waste a pick on Gordon.  My last pick in round 16 was Jackson

1 hour ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

I took Gordon with the 60th pick and Ekeler with the 80th. If you own one you have to own both.

Not really.  Just draft Ekeler and let someone else waste a roster spot with Gordon while he holds out the first half of the season.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

I took Gordon with the 60th pick and Ekeler with the 80th. If you own one you have to own both.

I'd have to say if you own Ekeler  you have to own Jackson

both have standalone value as long as Gordon holds out

another benefit is you've got two RB's that isn't a bye week worry until week 12

31 minutes ago, wendellrott said:

I'd have to say if you own Ekeler  you have to own Jackson

both have standalone value as long as Gordon holds out

another benefit is you've got two RB's that isn't a bye week worry until week 12

It’s a good point. We kind of need to see how it plays out. Ekeler is a solid flex TB 2 IMO with Gordon our. I don’t know that Jackson is either one of those right now, but that could change if he balls out and takes touches from Ekeler. 

2 hours ago, viciousphilpy said:

Ekeler is one of those guys who you can get late in leagues where there are non-sharp guys. Know your league, he should be a 4th rounder.

What? Why? That’s assuming that Gordon doesn’t play all year which is highly unlikely. I agree his ADP should be higher but 4th round? 

1 hour ago, joshua18 said:

Not really.  Just draft Ekeler and let someone else waste a roster spot with Gordon while he holds out the first half of the season.

Then in the second half of the season when/if Gordon returns you are dead in the water. Just think of the upside (with risk of owning both). You basically have a solid RB2 no matter the Gordon situation as long as Ekeler plays well (which he has). 

9 minutes ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

Then in the second half of the season when/if Gordon returns you are dead in the water. Just think of the upside (with risk of owning both). You basically have a solid RB2 no matter the Gordon situation as long as Ekeler plays well (which he has). 

think you can do the same thing with Ekeler/Jackson the first 10-11 weeks at very little cost

Edited by wendellrott

if Gordon goes to the Max with his holdout the earliest that he'd see the field is week 13 after the bye

great for the playoffs but you gotta' get there first

4 minutes ago, wendellrott said:

if Gordon goes to the Max with his holdout the earliest that he'd see the field is week 13 after the bye

great for the playoffs but you gotta' get there first

Why not week 10 or 11?

3 minutes ago, CrastersCreep said:

Why not week 10 or 11?

he wont play first week back almost for sure

week 11 maybe

most likely week 13

Idk how you draft, but starting RB for the Chargers for ten weeks is worthy of being a top 50 player in my book. Not to mention Ekeler is a talented player.

5 hours ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

Most teams won't be exactly the same by that point. Trades and ww gems will emerge. Win each week one week at a time. Ekeler helps accomplish that goal.

8 hours ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

If Gordon comes back.... There's no guarantee he'd be either in a game shape or be loved by his teammates.

8 hours ago, wendellrott said:

think you can do the same thing with Ekeler/Jackson the first 10-11 weeks at very little cost

Yep, Ekeler in rd 6-7 turn... Jackson in rd 10-12 turn.... way cheaper than stashing Gordon

3 hours ago, viciousphilpy said:

Idk how you draft, but starting RB for the Chargers for ten weeks is worthy of being a top 50 player in my book. Not to mention Ekeler is a talented player.

Have you seen Ekeler’s game logs for the four games Melvin sat last year? Nothing more than a flex play. Maybe that changes this year and he turns into a RB3 but I personally wouldn’t count on it. 

2 minutes ago, Bugs bunny said:

Have you seen Ekeler’s game logs for the four games Melvin sat last year? Nothing more than a flex play. Maybe that changes this year and he turns into a RB3 but I personally wouldn’t count on it. 

then it even makes more sense to roster Jackson along with Ekeler

16 minutes ago, Bugs bunny said:

In the three games Gordon missed that Ekeler played in, Ekeler averaged 12.17 FP's per game in 1 point PPR. That would project out to 194.72 FP's in 16 games, good for the #20 RB.

Edited by Corleone

16 minutes ago, Szer0 said:

If Gordon comes back.... There's no guarantee he'd be either in a game shape or be loved by his teammates.

What? If Gordon comes back he's going to play lol simple as that

3 minutes ago, Corleone said:

In the four games Gordon missed, Ekeler averaged 12.08 FP's per game in 1 point PPR. That would project out to 193.2 FP's in 16 games, good for the #20 RB.

just curious...

what did Jackson do then

Jackson had 1 game of opportunity last year and got a few carries and was decent. They gave ekeler the majority of the carries in that game. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, CABLE87 said:

What? If Gordon comes back he's going to play lol simple as that

well I'm not so sure

hasn't practiced with the team

needs to get in game shape

depends a lot on where the team is at that time

real bad blood between him and management

• Like 1