Sign in to follow this  
jmone5545

Drop any of these top tier SP’s?

In a 10 team h2h redraft.  Have only 2 IL spots.  Have the following on IL: kluber, severino, glasnow and carasco.

the remainder of my arms are: canning, greinke, German, Boyd, degrom.

worth dropping any of my IL players for any of: freeland, Castillo, m.gonzales, leake, m.kelly, Gibson, Davies, peacock, Pineda, m.perez, Turnbull, e.lauer, Duffy, Roark, m.chavez, DeSclafani 

Posted (edited)

If that’s Castillo for the reds he’s your man. I’d drop Glasnow.

Edited by Chauncey
  • Thanks 1

Drop Carrasco in redraft, if he even comes back will probably be so late into the season he won't really help. I'd go with Peacock or Roark.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I would say both Carrasco and Severino are both cuttable.  I doubt either gets healty enough to help much down the stretch.  Not sure which Castillo that is, but if its Luis from Reds, hurry and grab him.  Then let me into that league where someone dropped him.  I also like Pineda and Roark.  Pineda has been pitching well since his return from the IL and pitches for a contending Twins team

"Yankees GM Brian Cashman said Friday that Luis Severino (lat) will likely need "six or more" weeks to be ready.

Severino has been out all season due to lat and shoulder issues, but he has a checkup with a doctor on Saturday and could resume throwing soon after. Cashman mentioned the possibility that Severino might be used as a limited 75-pitch starter down the stretch or maybe even a bullpen option. Whatever the case, the 25-year-old right-hander won't be pitching in the majors until at least late August."

Edited by TheTruth024

I would drop Carasco for sure. Marco Gonzales has been pitching well recently. Last six starts 2.89 ERA.  Also see if Andrew Cashner is available.  He’s been lights out lately.