Sign in to follow this  
smeeze

T.J. Hockenson 2019 Outlook

51 minutes ago, oban14 said:

Go look up all the TEs on your WW, who has more upside?  Who hasn't had a bad game or two? 

With Njoku out, i'd probably target RSJ.

3 hours ago, kdko said:

He had 2 weeks of 1 point dude.  

And 1.5 weeks of 32 points dude.

In total he produced as TE10 for me and has a crazy amount of RZ targets for a rookie. Why would I be dropping him? For Nick Vannett?

If there's anything I learned about football this year is that going out on a stretcher means you only miss 1 week and a slight limp or pinched nerve means out for season.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

For real tho, is this guy a deep league drop?

I hear he may return for Green Bay week 6 although that does sound pretty optimistic. Coming back from an injury/scare like this could that affect his usage moving forward?

How much of his production (most of which came week 1) can we say is purely game plan specific? No chance of repeating those kind of stats again?

9 minutes ago, Smoketheclay said:

Is he back week 6?

Unknown, but if I had to wager I'd bet he's limited on a Wednesday, 50/50 for limited/full on Thursday, and full practice Friday.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, vercrazy said:

Unknown, but if I had to wager I'd bet he's limited on a Wednesday, 50/50 for limited/full on Thursday, and full practice Friday.

Im really hoping so.  I need him this week. I don't want to start Howard. 

This game could be a nice little shootout 

The problem is they don't play til Monday night, so the first practice report won't come out til Thursday.  I need to decide what to do before waivers run tonight.

I own Hockenson and I'm putting in a claim for Henry (dropping Walker) and hoping that one of them plays. Keeping my fingers crossed...

24 minutes ago, Islanderman said:

The problem is they don't play til Monday night, so the first practice report won't come out til Thursday.  I need to decide what to do before waivers run tonight.

You need to have a backup plan.  The concussion didn't look great and no news has come out since.  Also with this coming right after Calvin outing the Lions for not dealing with his concussions properly, I'm guessing they'll play this one conservatively.

• Haha 1

was a TD dependent flash in the pan before the hit and nothing changes that when he returns

The Cards game was a complete fluke. This guy's waiver fodder. 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Guwop said:

was a TD dependent flash in the pan before the hit and nothing changes that when he returns

Except he was 10th in the NFL in receiving yards for TEs before his concussion and had TDs in 2 of 3.5 games.

The pessimism for Hock in here is interesting.

Nothing has changed here. Hock is elite potential level with a zero-level floor because he’s a rookie and Patricia seems to love for him to block in some games. He is easily rosterable and easily playable in good matchups.

• Thanks 2

Well we have seen his ceiling and his floor, its better than Eifert, Cook, OJ Loser, Burton, Fant, etc...

2 hours ago, Ruut6 said:

Except he was 10th in the NFL in receiving yards for TEs before his concussion and had TDs in 2 of 3.5 games.

The pessimism for Hock in here is interesting.

Nothing has changed here. Hock is elite potential level with a zero-level floor because he’s a rookie and Patricia seems to love for him to block in some games. He is easily rosterable and easily playable in good matchups.

yea because those two DUD weeks were so helpful. You shouldn't be surprised that a boom/BUST TE has pessimism...rather not deal with the guessing games hoping the coach dials up plays for him. 10th for receiving yards but ignoring the 0s he can give (and has already given) is even more interesting. Nothing screams consistency here. He's a gamble week in and week out until further notice. Let's admit that. Most would not want to deal with the headache and i don't blame them

1 hour ago, Guwop said:

yea because those two DUD weeks were so helpful. You shouldn't be surprised that a boom/BUST TE has pessimism...rather not deal with the guessing games hoping the coach dials up plays for him. 10th for receiving yards but ignoring the 0s he can give (and has already given) is even more interesting. Nothing screams consistency here. He's a gamble week in and week out until further notice. Let's admit that. Most would not want to deal with the headache and i don't blame them

He's a rookie. He balled out in his first career game, went quiet his second game, and then narrowly missed a couple TDs in his third game. His fourth career game he had 3 catches (including a TD) in less than 3 quarters of action. The play he got injured on was another red zone target (he was tackled inside the 10 yard line). 

He could certainly provide more consistent production as the season moves along. He seems VERY involved in the gameplan to me, especially in the red zone. Even with the injury, he is on pace for 664 yards and 8 TDs. Hockenson strikes me as one of the rare breed of TEs who is a solid bet for a TD any given week while also having high yardage upside any given week. 

• Like 1

Man, I really need Hockenberry to be active on MNF. 

Will be checking this thread hourly to read he's practicing in full this week [fingers crossed]. 

Patricia said that he will be out practicing today.  To what extent is not known, but its a good sign.  However he said he is NOT out of the concussion protocol yet.

He's practicing today, but limited.  Still in protocol.  Getting in limited practices is part of the process of getting out of protocol, so I'd say this is good news.  Definitely nothing definitive, but he's pointing in the right direction.  Keep monitoring.

Monitor and grab.

13 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Monitor and grab.

Can't grab if he's not on schedule to doesn't play unfortunately.