Sign in to follow this  
Letitbe793

Steele Walker-OF-CWS

About time this kid with one of the best names in baseball got a thread. Drafted second round last year out of Oklahoma.

80 grade name and personality. Walker has really emerged this season and could finish the season with a call up to AA Birmingham. 6 HR and 5 SB across low A and high A this season while making great contact and has elite K and BB %s. 

Several white sox OF prospects have turned out to be busts but he may be one under-rated one who pans out. 

It’s been rough following all of the White Sox OF prospects not named Robert, but Steele gives me some hope.  We’re still waiting for the power to surface, of course.  6 HR in 330 plate appearances leaves a lot to be desired.

Luis Basabe and Luis Gonzalez have been atrocious, Blake Rutherford has been disappointing, etc.  But with Eloy and Robert already represented, you need one more guy to emerge.  Or they’ll have to hit the FA market.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tommy Lee Jones said:

It’s been rough following all of the White Sox OF prospects not named Robert, but Steele gives me some hope.  We’re still waiting for the power to surface, of course.  6 HR in 330 plate appearances leaves a lot to be desired.

Luis Basabe and Luis Gonzalez have been atrocious, Blake Rutherford has been disappointing, etc.  But with Eloy and Robert already represented, you need one more guy to emerge.  Or they’ll have to hit the FA market.  

HR power disappointing but .216 and .156 ISO at respective levels is encouraging. I feel like he has a pretty high floor.