Panthers8912

Michael Gallup 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

Didn’t see a topic on the front page (jk I searched).

 

dont know much about Gallup but this offense seemed to take one big step forward with cooper. I would imagine cooper draws a lot of attention next year and that will open things up for MG. “Unguardable” Cole Beasley is also gone. Some really old guy unretired. I just have no idea how good MG is. Cowboys look to be an all around good this year so I wouldn’t project a garbage time boost

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Panthers8912 said:

dont know much about Gallup but this offense seemed to take one big step forward with cooper

This is what I wrote here:

Michael Gallup (WR59): Gallup is a tough one for me. He had significant traffic in Dallas, and with Amari Cooper being the clear #1 there shouldn't be too much pressure on him to get say a 800 yard season; but his catch rate is pretty disastrous (below 50%). If he gets on the same page as Dak, he could be decent value, and at his ADP that's a proper sleeper

That's a month and a half ago, and his ADP is still at that level. Still a sleeper for me, but it has to be said many smart people in that thread who were pretty negative about him. 

Edited by Boudewijn
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if you look at his last 4 games, you'll see he had a pretty gaudy 14/250/2 stat line and he almost had a 3rd TD, but he got tackled at the 2 yard line.  Not expecting him to produce at that level for all 16 games this year, but somewhere between the median of his first 13 games and the last 4 of the season.  I think it's reasonable to expect an improvement from his early season numbers anyway because he was a fresh to the NFL rookie and the other WR's on the offense were... uhh. dog crap bad for half of the regular season.  Then there's the last 4 games, where he looked might nice... So, maybe he was finally putting it all together, getting better chemistry with Dak, and Cooper was softening coverage.  

My guess is solid but low end WR2, around 65/850/6 is within reason if he has a decent season, and for a 12-13 round flier, that's a very nice return

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like this guy and I think he'll firmly establish himself this year as the clear #2.    I just think he has a very low ceiling given that Cooper should easily vacuum targets, Zeke is the alpha dog, and they often are a team that slows their pace.       He's in my pile of guys to chase at the end of my deep league, or follow as a waiver guy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, that's a fine outlook on him and realistic.  I'm hopeful he'll be a bit better than just a WR2, but maybe not this year just yet... also a lot of this will depend on how great Dak looks and how good Kellen Moore is an OC.  Personally, I'm a very big believer in Dak and think Moore will do fine in playcalling; a lot of the same schemes but more pre-snap motion and multiple option sets out of formations to open up the offense.   I would expect a rising tide will lift all boats, and Gallup is a good boat to bet on having value for his ADP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/14/2019 at 7:46 AM, jonasdash said:

if you look at his last 4 games, you'll see he had a pretty gaudy 14/250/2 stat line and he almost had a 3rd TD, but he got tackled at the 2 yard line.  Not expecting him to produce at that level for all 16 games this year, but somewhere between the median of his first 13 games and the last 4 of the season.  I think it's reasonable to expect an improvement from his early season numbers anyway because he was a fresh to the NFL rookie and the other WR's on the offense were... uhh. dog crap bad for half of the regular season.  Then there's the last 4 games, where he looked might nice... So, maybe he was finally putting it all together, getting better chemistry with Dak, and Cooper was softening coverage.  

My guess is solid but low end WR2, around 65/850/6 is within reason if he has a decent season, and for a 12-13 round flier, that's a very nice return

 

might be a little on the lofty side, but i like the take overall. i have gallup projected slightly lower for 2019, however if either zeke or cooper gets hurt i see gallup hitting 1000 yards. i do like him for a buy-low in dynasty and see his numbers solidifying at WR2. as you implied in your second post, dak's development and gallup's development should coincide nicely.

On 7/13/2019 at 11:41 PM, Boudewijn said:

Michael Gallup (WR59): Gallup is a tough one for me. He had significant traffic in Dallas, and with Amari Cooper being the clear #1 there shouldn't be too much pressure on him to get say a 800 yard season; but his catch rate is pretty disastrous (below 50%). If he gets on the same page as Dak, he could be decent value, and at his ADP that's a proper sleeper

That's a month and a half ago, and his ADP is still at that level. Still a sleeper for me, but it has to be said many smart people in that thread who were pretty negative about him. 

 

agree with sleeper, agree with the negativity, but i disagree with the blue highlight ...there does not seem to be brains enough in the entire thread, so to speak, to bait a fishhook with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Sack Exchange said:
On 7/14/2019 at 12:41 PM, Boudewijn said:

it has to be said many smart people in that thread who were pretty negative about him. 

, but i disagree with the blue highlight ...there does not seem to be brains enough in the entire thread, so to speak, to bait a fishhook with.

Yes... I think you were one of them...?

giphy.gif

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With cooper's potential lingering foot issue, I think gallup has a chance to take a jump. Dak is comfortable giving him the deep ball. I will be interested to see how cooper looks at the beginning of the season. I think he is worth a late round pickup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cooper has never been a red zone threat. Gallup has been getting rave reviews from camp and he has always been great at the contested catch. Feel like he is going to blow up this year. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Take it for what its worth, but watched

every Cowboys snap last year, and Dak literally overthrew Gallup on at least 3 60+ yard WIDE open TD’s, just completely missed him. Hit those and his numbers in a vacuum look so much better. They also started to get on page more toward the end of the season, finishing with a bang, as I believe Gallup was over 100 yards in playoff loss to Rams. He has also by all accounts had an amazing camp, and obviously the preseason has been all positive

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just waiting for “Amari unable to practice on Monday”. Throw Gallup in your lineup and win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I invested some fairly valuable draft capital in him. I am forecasting a pretty big year 2 jump for him. I am not saying a Juju like year 2 vault, but it is within the range of outcomes--albeit longer odds. There are some things to really like about his talent and esp situation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ST. STEVEN said:

I invested some fairly valuable draft capital in him. I am forecasting a pretty big year 2 jump for him. I am not saying a Juju like year 2 vault, but it is within the range of outcomes--albeit longer odds. There are some things to really like about his talent and esp situation.

 

Not with Dak as the QB.

 

Good talent but imagine his weekly output will fluctuate between the highest of highs and lowest of low's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think he's a great WR3/Flex play this week. Janoris Jenkins will lock up with a still getting up to speed Amari and allow Gallup to operate against the giants other corners.

When Amari came on board last year, we saw a marked increase in the play of both Dak and Gallup. Yes the offense flows thru Zeke, but there is plenty of room (sans a TE and slot WR) for Gallup to make a big mark this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heck yeah Gallup. I love this new coordinator (at least after 1 week) and Gallup was super efficient and explosive.  I think he's got a pretty solid floor too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure what to do with Gallup. I also have cooper. Can I start both in the same week I’m not to sure. He did look great but it was the Giants. He is a strong hold with coopers injury history but not sure if he is startable with cooper fully healthy. Also seems the boys want to throw more easing zeke back in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Robrob129killa said:

Not sure what to do with Gallup. I also have cooper. Can I start both in the same week I’m not to sure. He did look great but it was the Giants. He is a strong hold with coopers injury history but not sure if he is startable with cooper fully healthy. Also seems the boys want to throw more easing zeke back in. 

I have no problem playing two WRs from the same team, if the team is good. I'm holding this dude, even though it hurts my heart because I'm very much against the Cowboys. Gallup looks good and primed for a breakout.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/9/2019 at 5:26 PM, Robrob129killa said:

Not sure what to do with Gallup. I also have cooper. Can I start both in the same week I’m not to sure. He did look great but it was the Giants. He is a strong hold with coopers injury history but not sure if he is startable with cooper fully healthy. Also seems the boys want to throw more easing zeke back in. 

 

I started both last weekend and got 44 PPR between both of them. Expect more or less the same this week.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I’ll start him over Diggs this weekend due to Stefons Injury...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, milesberg said:

Don’t hold back, Dallas is an offensive power and Zeke/Dak/Cooper/Gallup are all fantasy prizes!!

 

I agree. There's enough of the pie for those four dudes. Don't be surprised if Gallup has more fantasy points than Amari several times this year. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...