SinCity

Pick Up To 3 Keepers...WHIR

I don't have to keep 3 players I can keep 0, 1, 2, or 3. Here is the best players I have to choose from (I took over this team itS A $ league).

Aaron Rodgers

Carson Wentz

Jordon Howard

Aaron Jones

AJ Green

Ashlon Jeffery

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, SinCity said:

I don't have to keep 3 players I can keep 0, 1, 2, or 3. 

No price in rounds or $? Any limits for multi-year keepers?

In a vacuum: 

- Aaron Rodgers: top-5 QB, keep

- Carson Wentz: not worth keeping for me.

- Jordon Howard: terrible situation in Philly. Avoid.

- Aaron Jones: good RB in a decent situation. Optional.

- AJ Green: top-10 WR. Keep.

- Ashlon Jeffery: tough situation in Philly.

I'd keep Rodgers and Green, and probably Jones over Jeffery, depending on the above (and league settings).

Edited by Boudewijn
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, SinCity said:

I don't have to keep 3 players I can keep 0, 1, 2, or 3. Here is the best players I have to choose from (I took over this team itS A $ league).

Aaron Rodgers

Carson Wentz

Jordon Howard

Aaron Jones

AJ Green

Ashlon Jeffery

AJ has been so consistent over the years, but I worry his body is breaking down. If you trust him to stay healthy, keep him. 

I'd for sure keep Rodgers and Jones, though.

help? 

8 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

No price in rounds or $? Any limits for multi-year keepers?

In a vacuum: 

- Aaron Rodgers: top-5 QB, keep

- Carson Wentz: not worth keeping for me.

- Jordon Howard: terrible situation in Philly. Avoid.

- Aaron Jones: good RB in a decent situation. Optional.

- AJ Green: top-10 WR. Keep.

- Ashlon Jeffery: tough situation in Philly.

I'd keep Rodgers and Green, and probably Jones over Jeffery, depending on the above (and league settings).

No $ and no limits on how many years for keepers

Do you lose a round for a pick??  If no penalty for amount kept.  Then pretty easy AJG, Jones and Rodgers or Wentz.

Yes if I keep 3 I lose 1st 3 rounds of I keep 2 I lose 1st 2 rounds and so on.

I was honestly leaning towards A. Rodgers and A. Jones only. I like AJ Green but like someone above mentioned seems like his body may be on the downside more than up so that is my worry about him.

I would keep Jones and Rodgers. AJ Green would be the 3rd keeper but I’d rather have a 3rd round pick open to see if someone I like better than Green is possibly available. 

4 hours ago, SinCity said:

Yes if I keep 3 I lose 1st 3 rounds of I keep 2 I lose 1st 2 rounds and so on.

Oh wow. That changes the whole dynamic.

Do you have an idea how many of the "normal" first rounders would be kept?

I think with that huge price, I would only consider Green, but maybe not even him, as you can probably still draft him and possibly something better.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

Oh wow. That changes the whole dynamic.

Do you have an idea how many of the "normal" first rounders would be kept?

I think with that huge price, I would only consider Green, but maybe not even him, as you can probably still draft him and possibly something better.

As for normal 1st rounders being kept I don't know all I can do is speculate as the keepers don't lock till 1 hour before our draft which means they are hidden till then, but this is a 12 team ppr league if that helps.

3 minutes ago, SinCity said:

As for normal 1st rounders being kept I don't know all I can do is speculate as the keepers don't lock till 1 hour before our draft which means they are hidden till then, but this is a 12 team ppr league if that helps.

What I mean is: you can look at the other squads and compare them to ADP. Say one team has 5 players that fit in the first three rounds ADP, then they will have to throw 2 back.

Another team (like yours) may essentially have no top rounders, and you can expect them to be drafting in the first rounds.

Of course it's no exact science, but by comparing this you can estimate whether you should hold on to Green or not. My guess is you should, and Rodgers is borderline. 

• Like 1

If you lose the first 3 rounds then I’d keep nobody. None of those dudes warrant a first round pick. From the sounds of it, if you kept just one guy, let’s say Howard, you’d lose your first round pick?

If that’s the case throw them all back.

Edited by mdw5048

If I were you i may keep zero... especially if you believe most teams are keeping at least 2 players... that way you can have your pick of everything... it may end up that arod or AJ green are the best bets for your first couple picks... but they arent good enough that i would lock them in now.

see mine please http://forums.rotoworld.com/topic/755233-pick-two-keepers-whir/

Nobody

If this were me, I would make a spreadsheet with everyone's final roster from the year before and look to see who may be thrown back. But I would honestly throw everyone back.

If you think any studs will get thrown back, I wouldn't keep any. 

If it's going to be slim pickens, I'd keep them in the order of Green, Jones, Rodgers.