Pyschout

Jusuf Nurkic 2019-2020 Outlook

So Nurk was a breakout player last year.  Everyone who owned him last year remembers the 24 point, 23 rebound, 7 assist, 5 steal, 5 block game that basically put you in the driver's seat that week.  50% from the field and 14 of 16 from the line lol.

But his leg blew up late in the season and that was it.  Now, some people have said he won't be back for a year, but Blazers country is (understandably) a bit more optimistic.

https://ripcityproject.com/2019/06/12/portland-trail-blazers-jusuf-nurkic-fast-recovery/

Is he a draftable player to throw in your IR slot and hope he comes back after the All Star break?  Or leave alone until next year?

I own him in a dynasty with 2 ir spots but i wouldn't want him 8n redraft. Even in dynasty he may not come back at the same level. He is 7 foot and usually somewhat overweight and out of shape. Now add a major lower body injury. 

Comes back All star break and then what? He’ll be on a minutes limit and competing with Whiteside for minutes.

• Like 2

Yeah, as far as I'm concerned,  he's in this year's DND list together with KD, Klay, and Wall.

• Like 2

I agree. On the positive side - he had the same injury as Paul George, and he is just fine now. A leg break is something you recover better then torn ACL, so he can be a nice pickup in January..

21 minutes ago, Akauders said:

I agree. On the positive side - he had the same injury as Paul George, and he is just fine now. A leg break is something you recover better then torn ACL, so he can be a nice pickup in January..

Having now Whiteside - PTB could afford bringing back Nurkic really slowly. Like 10-15 mins a game. I mean, he could have some value for h2h playoffs but IMO nothing to be really excited about.

1 hour ago, Akauders said:

Idk , if you look into Paul George track record you will come to find he is a fast healer and plays through injuries. 

Paul George was expected to miss 14 months but he missed less than 10 if my memory serves correct. Since that injury he’s played in at least 75 games each season. Last but not least he finished last season playing with two bum shoulders that required surgery. Not fair to compare nurk recovery to PG

Nurk and whiteside are going to cancel each other out. Whiteside wont get more than 20 min a game and will be injured by playoff team. Nurkik wont be what he was last year and will be rested often and only play 15 to 20 mins splitting mins with Whiteside and probably another guy in a 3 way value killing injury timeshare. Stay the hell away from both of them! Although Whiteside will probably put up top 30 stats for the first 3 months of the year and is a great flip if you find a newbie to pawn him off with after. 

This guy gonna play for the fantasy season at all? 0 updates 

On 10/31/2019 at 12:28 AM, The_Real_Deal said:

Why is it ESPN can’t list him as an IR so we can get that Extra spot smh

Really? He's listed as Out usually that means you can put him on IR. Not willing to use one of my transactions to confirm this though

1 hour ago, Nazyef said:

Really? He's listed as Out usually that means you can put him on IR. Not willing to use one of my transactions to confirm this though

I guess there was a glitch before because it finally went through

• Like 1

Any updates on him? With the injuries already to their front court... could be that he's sooner rather than later? Portland is really dangerous if he's another facet to their offense

I got dropped in my league, I have the last waiver claim and already have Batum in my IR Spot but what do you think, should I get him if he doesn’t get picked up by any of the other teams?

do you guys think he is going to return this year? zach collins is out for a while and i consider picking up nurkic before someone else does.

9 minutes ago, Maxemann said:

do you guys think he is going to return this year? zach collins is out for a while and i consider picking up nurkic before someone else does.

I tried to snoop out some information back when I could still afford to stash him (funny to be speaking as if the season's long underway) and I dug up the info that: 1) he's apparently been recovering well from the injury but 2) wants to avoid repeating the mistake of rushing back and thus 3) they're not setting any deadline for him to return in advance. So, perhaps it might just happen out of the blue. Probably no sooner than around or after ASB, though.