Sign in to follow this  
mocha4313

Which pitcher to cut and which OF to add? WHIR 100%

Posted (edited)

Shallow points league that punishes Ks, rewards walks and devalues speed. Generally, hitters with decent average, power potential, good RBI/run production and solid plate discipline benefit, though pitching is favored over hitting

Pitching scoring gives 3 points per inning, 1 per strikeout, with -1 for a hit or walk and -2 for an ER. Wins and losses are worth +5 and -5 respectively.

With how much some of outfielders, (Meadows and Yordan mainly) sit, I think I need a reserve option in a 5 OF league and a pitcher seems to be my drop due to a weekly start limit.

Wondering which of Lucchesi, Canning or Stroman I should cut to add an outfielder-with Renfroe, Soler, Laureano, Bryan Reynolds, Franmil Reyes. Scott Kingery and Garrett Cooper being the top options. All these guys are pretty close in points averaged (2-2.5) to this point so no reference point there.Of the pitchers, Stroman and Canning average 9 or so points per start with Lucchesi being a top 35 pitcher in this format and closer to 12 points per start.

Thoughts? Could also maybe wait to see Canning’s start tonight to see if he rebounds from his last outing but feels unfair judging him based on starts at Arlington and against the Astros or cut Nate Lowe but I think I may need a corner infielder on the bench because of how Chapman and Olson’s off days could result in two empty slots otherwise. WHIR 100%

This is my team

C- Grandal 1B: Rizzo 2B: Altuve SS: Lindor 3B: Matt Chapman CINF: Olson MINF: Story

OF: Judge, Soto, Yordan, Meadows, Eloy UTIL: Hiura

BN: Nate Lowe

SP: Gerrit Cole, Snell, Strasburg, Nola, Paxton, Giolito, Woodruff, Sonny Gray, Canning

BN: Stroman, Lucchesi DL: Glasnow

Edited by mocha4313

Of those I'd drop Canning, but it's hard as pitching has been tough to find this season. If you think Reynolds will keep the pace, go with him, otherwise I like Renfroe or Franmil... but I don't think any of those OFs are better than your pitchers.

Have you tried to get a better OF via trade?

• Thanks 1

In a points league I might not drop any? If it's shallow enough maybe Canning to grab Kingery or Laureano

• Thanks 1

Not really loving dropping any of those pitchers, really. I do like Franmil as an add, though

• Thanks 1

Drop Stroman for Reyes SD OF'er, after that then dump the rest you have for more offense. 

• Thanks 1

I would drop Canning for Reyes or Kingery.  Stroman trade talks are very active.  With your scoring even if he goes to more of a hitter's park he will increase likelihood of those +5 point wins.

Help me;

• Thanks 1

I'd also drop Canning. For the add I'd either go Renfroe, Laureano, maybe Cooper  or Fran, not sure what he's doing these days though.

• Thanks 1