Mikhov

Brandon Clarke 2019-2020 Outlook

9 minutes ago, atlantadynasty said:

who do you start? 

Clarke. Benching JJJ until he comes to his senses (which might not be until 2nd half of the season)

Clarke is producing the same if not better numbers than Mitch Robinson who was taken like 3rd-4th rd. Top 40 for the yr.

Edited by deathrazor

he is currently ranked 31th in totals and 35th per game on yahoo. with only 22 minutes per game!

Edited by Chrizz

Pretty sure he blocked a shot and saved it from.out of bounds. Why didnt he get the block.

Just now, deathrazor said:

Pretty sure he blocked a shot and saved it from.out of bounds. Why didnt he get the block.

Was finally added w/ a delay I think.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, bmoney0111 said:

Out with back injury per RotoGrinders 

That's a weird way to spell "tanking"

18 minutes ago, Del Rio said:

That's a weird way to spell "tanking"

I’m in a tight matchup. I needed him today. I’m getting tired of this Bs

Will his features and playtime be as unpredictable as they've been recently for the entire season? Beginning to get annoyed with holding.

Edited by brickcitymamba

27 minutes ago, brickcitymamba said:

Will his features and playtime be as unpredictable as they've been recently for the entire season? Beginning to get annoyed with holding.

I mean his playtime is pretty predictable, I think I read somewhere he will get around 20 minutes every game and that's what has happened so far

Just now, BrowKnees said:

I mean his playtime is pretty predictable, I think I read somewhere he will get around 20 minutes every game and that's what has happened so far

tenor.gif?itemid=4207852

That would seriously hamper his breakout potential... I've only been rostering dude with a second half of the season in mind. Does this mean he's not necessarily worth keeping in 10 team leagues?

Just now, brickcitymamba said:

tenor.gif?itemid=4207852

That would seriously hamper his breakout potential... I've only been rostering dude with a second half of the season in mind. Does this mean he's not necessarily worth keeping in 10 team leagues?

Always a chance or JJJ or Val getting hurt, but he's been playing very well for a rookie so once the grizzlies record is atrocious he could see more play time towards the end of the year. Also you're in a 8 cat league so he has even less value when turnovers aren't a category, Depends how desperate you are for blocks.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, BrowKnees said:

Always a chance or JJJ or Val getting hurt, but he's been playing very well for a rookie so once the grizzlies record is atrocious he could see more play time towards the end of the year. Also you're in a 8 cat league so he has even less value when turnovers aren't a category, Depends how desperate you are for blocks.

I feel I have quite a solid cast of swatters, so I might just drop him for a guard (looking at Red Velvet) and keep tabs on his process. With the 8-cat format cutting serious slack for guards, he might stay on the wire for some time as well.

EDIT: but he has certainly made very good use of the minutes he's actually gotten thus far. That's a good sign going forward.

Edited by brickcitymamba

34 minutes ago, brickcitymamba said:

tenor.gif?itemid=4207852

Well first of all, 10 team leagues are way to shallow of a format to stash anyone. There is no reason too. 

22 hours ago, deathrazor said:

Have him in 8team to handcuff JJJ. But damn load management.

Handcuffing in an 8 team league? 😳

• Haha 1

Just now, Bugs bunny said:

Handcuffing in an 8 team league? 😳

Yeah was actually debating my decision as well LOL. I did it when JJJ went down with injury but Clarke has been great since then so I still have him. But now I am dropping for Favors or Smart.

4 hours ago, atlantadynasty said:

with the latest roto blurb, I guess we need to start him tonight 

The latest blurb was still when he got rested right?

49 minutes ago, deathrazor said:

The latest blurb was still when he got rested right?

Ja Morant's and Brandon Clarke's workload will ramp up as the season progresses according to Omari Sankofa of The Athletic.

Morant is averaging 27.5 minutes per game by design after a minor knee surgery during the offseason, while Clarke is averaging 22.8 while managing a back issue. Both players sat out on the second night of a back-to-back on Saturday, but are expected back on Monday vs. the Spurs. Both rookies have been phenomenal and will surely be featured down the stretch alongside Jaren Jackson Jr.

Edited by Chrizz
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This kid is a stat magnet, just start him next to Jaren and bring JV off the bench.

• Like 1

17mins even when he is playing so well and now spurs have the lead

Edited by deathrazor

25 minutes ago, deathrazor said:

17mins even when he is playing so well and now spurs have the lead

don't worry, i'm sure he'll be at 19.5 by ASB

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Lifschitz said:

This kid is a stat magnet, just start him next to Jaren and bring JV off the bench.

Can't start JJJ at C.  Not yet.  He needs to learn how to defend without fouling if he's going to be the defensive anchor.  If Memphis started him at C now he's a lock to pickup 2 fouls in the first few mins of the game.

Per his current Roto blurb: "Worth rostering in deeper leagues".

Bruh, if you're in a 14-teamer and he's not picked up, you gotta find a more competitive league.  Heck, I had to burn my waiver to get him in a 12-teamer. Kid's shooting lights out, and if he can actually make treys and stay healthy, I'm gonna hold on for dear life.  He'll be a monster later in the season.

• Thanks 1