Sign in to follow this  
Fuzzy_Slippers

7/16 - GAME DAY THREAD

Certainly after yesterdays complete Offensive drought in a Double header vs the Ginats They come out today and absolutely pummel one of the worst pitchers in baseball Drew Pomeranz.

Cease has looked great to awful from one batter to the next. Atrocious defense is going to make this start look worse than it's been. White Sox are tough to watch when Gio isn't pitching. 

Just now, sleepysock said:

Cease has looked great to awful from one batter to the next. Atrocious defense is going to make this start look worse than it's been. White Sox are tough to watch when Gio isn't pitching. 

Couldn’t imagine being in my 2nd start and watching that carnival of a defense behind me 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, herschel said:

flaherty running out of gas in the 5th, par for the course....

Todays pitchers just have no stamina. 

7 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

I swear, every time I check the box lately dude has a no-no going and I check it a few mins later and he gives up a bunch of hits and earnies...this is all my fault, mea culpa

wasnt terrible, but worked up his pitch count and probably wont go more than one more.  i guess some run support would be nice.

Posted (edited)

Just ******** great..now Mondesi dives for a ball he has no chance at and gets hurt..try to win a league and EVERY guy on my team gets hurt!

Edited by murraygd13
  • Like 1

Hoping Mondesi just got the wind knocked out of him..worst case a concussion and the IL.

10 PM restart likely for Indians game.  Mercado owners rejoice.

• Thanks 1

Cash is a moron. Can’t stand his extreme split/saber approach to managing. Keep playing your inferior right handed hitters. Then he leaves Poche in there to give up hit after hit. Idiot. 

7 minutes ago, Trexpenniebaker said:

Todays pitchers just have no stamina. 

he did just steal third base, so theres that....

Posted (edited)

Anyone watching the Cards-Pit game?  Says Bader got a double on a pop up to short? Then stole 3rd.  Then Flaherty doubled.  Then a on field game delay?  Then Flaherty steals 3rd.

How was it not an error on the pop up?  I'm reading the game tracker.

edit: Tag challenged, Flaherty is now out. Crazy inning it sounds like on paper.

Edited by Sternes

3 minutes ago, Sonny_D said:

Cash is a moron. Can’t stand his extreme split/saber approach to managing. Keep playing your inferior right handed hitters. Then he leaves Poche in there to give up hit after hit. Idiot. 

Inexcusable in what’s as much of a must win game as a Mid July game can be. 

4 minutes ago, murraygd13 said:

Hoping Mondesi just got the wind knocked out of him..worst case a concussion and the IL.

It looked like a left shoulder injury to me, possibly a dislocated or subluxed shoulder based on what the trainer was trying to do.

• Like 1

Why are the White Sox letting Cease go over 100 pitches in a meaningless game when he's already given up 6 runs?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Sternes said:

Anyone watching the Cards-Pit game?  Says Bader got a double on a pop up to short? Then stole 3rd.  Then Flaherty doubled.  Then a on field game delay?  Then Flaherty steals 3rd.

edit: Tag challenged, Flaherty is now out. Crazy inning it sounds like on paper.

It was a lazy flyball to LF. Not sure why it said to short.  The on field game delay was after Flaherty stole 3rd because the Pirates challenged that he slid off the base, which he did.  Whoever is doing that game tracker you are following needs to be fired.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sternes said:

Fun inning to watch. Bader was hustling all the way but It was a weird in betweener for the LF and SS that maybe should’ve been caught but wasn’t.

Bader stole 3rd no throw, flaherty barrrrley doubled down the line on a judgement fair call from ump as ball went just over bag. Delayed there for argument. Could’ve went either way. Then he proceeded to steal 3rd called safe initially, Hurdle took forever to decide to challenge, they challenged, Shildt went out to argue hurdle took too long but umps didn’t care, overruled replay and shildt went back out to argue a little more. 

Flaherty also looked safe to me on the replay, he was safe then came off the bag but his back foot appeared to hit the bag before the tag was applied.

Good stuff.

• Like 1

Who would have thought that Lynn would dominate the Astros and then get beat up by Arizona?  The (not really) joys of baseball...

1 minute ago, Csiebert5 said:

Fun inning to watch. Bader was hustling all the way but It was a weird in betweener for the LF and SS that maybe should’ve been caught but wasn’t.

Bader stole 3rd no throw, flaherty barrrrley doubled down the line on a judgement fair call from ump as ball went just over bag. Delayed there for argument. Could’ve went either way. Then he proceeded to steal 3rd called safe initially, Hurdle took forever to decide to challenge, they challenged, Shildt went out to argue hurdle took too long but umps didn’t care, overruled replay and shildt went back out to argue a little more. 

Flaherty also looked safe to me on the replay, he was safe then came off the bag but his back foot appeared to hit the bag before the tag was applied.

Good stuff.

He had the tag on him before he even slid off the bag.

Anyone see why Young (AZ) was removed? Went 5 1/3 IP before being removed after 79 pitches. Was doing great. Why run him out there in the 6th for just one batter?

Hoping he's not hurt. 

Just now, countseth said:

Anyone see why Young (AZ) was removed? Went 5 1/3 IP before being removed after 79 pitches. Was doing great. Why run him out there in the 6th for just one batter?

Hoping he's not hurt. 

Probably his pitch count.  They've babied him to the extreme so far.