Sign in to follow this  
Fuzzy_Slippers

7/16 - GAME DAY THREAD

Jeez Poche!! 6ER!! Wtf!! My starters have been shelled all week but then when they finally have a good day my reliever get demolished. I can’t win..

Posted (edited)

Arenado just took 96 square on the back of the hand.  Staying in the game for now.

Edited by ToO_BaD

11 minutes ago, ToO_BaD said:

Arenado just took 96 square on the back of the hand.  Staying in the game for now.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Please not him!

Good night Jansen

go ahead run on 3rd base with 0 outs to get Flaherty a possible win and they don;t score. Wins allude me like he prom queen does nerd

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Pick up Mercado if he's available. 

Run don't walk 

Edited by bigbossman

29 minutes ago, Csiebert5 said:

Jeez Poche!! 6ER!! Wtf!! My starters have been shelled all week but then when they finally have a good day my reliever get demolished. I can’t win..

Cash is an idiot. 

• Like 1

Really hope Heaney can get through 5.  Not counting on it....

• Like 1

Just now, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

Muncy and pollock were comical in the field FWIW

Get used to it.

19 minutes ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

Muncy and pollock were comical in the field FWIW

Its because today game is all about hitting and players don;t work on their defense enough.  Its a shame really that baseball has become this way.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, murraygd13 said:

Cease bouncing his slider about half the time, Royals laying off it.  A little unlucky with the defense and BABIP. Definitely has the stuff, just can't control it.

This couldn't be stated enough, the White Sox played some of the worst defense in an MLB game that I've physically watched.  It was horrendous.

And of course the Rockies are going to go totally impatient vs Drew Pummelranz all game then wait till Will Smith who is a really good  lock down closer gets in there and pummel him instead. Isn't baseball great.

1 hour ago, Trexpenniebaker said:

Its because today game is all about hitting and players don;t work on their defense enough.  Its a shame really that baseball has become this way.

It's not a matter of not working on their defense enough. Its more that guys who can rake, but with limited natural defensive ability, are allowed to play regularly in today's game because it's been proven to be more valuable than playing defensive wizards who can't hit. And great hitters who are also great defenders are not that common.

2 hours ago, herschel said:

Really hope Heaney can get through 5.  Not counting on it....

Didn’t think so....

38 minutes ago, cs3 said:

It's not a matter of not working on their defense enough. Its more that guys who can rake, but with limited natural defensive ability, are allowed to play regularly in today's game because it's been proven to be more valuable than playing defensive wizards who can't hit. And great hitters who are also great defenders are not that common.

Great hitters that are also great defenders are not that all common now because great hitters don;t work on their defense enough. IT used to be you had lots and lots of great all around ball players That could throw catch run bases and hit well. Now its Just about the hitting only. That's why you see so many Boneheaded Defensive plays and base running mistakes . Because Players NEVER work on those things from the  age of 12 on if they are seen to have major talent.